• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
58 replies to this topic | 131 praises

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:58 AM

Ralliart99
  • Premium member
    Ralliart99
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi all, 

have narrowed my choices to these 2 cars 

there are probably other better cars out there but would like to hear regarding these 2 

need a second opinion here 

which one will you choose and why ?

many thanks !  [:)]

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

320 no stand....hahahhah

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hiphiphoray
  • Hiphiphoray
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Audi S8 or nothing....... [laugh]

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

Civic6228
  • Premium member
    Civic6228
    Supercharged
    Author Image

BMW ... period.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

Iseedeadpple
  • Iseedeadpple
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I was actually deciding between these two cars. Eventually got the BMW for the following very personal and subjective reasons even though the Volvo is also a pretty decent car (and cheaper too):

(i) Volvo center console/dashboard looked too "busy" with the keypads and all. Too many buttons. Prefer something simpler like the BMW.

(ii) Volvo doesn't handle as well as the BMW. Maybe cos it is FWD unlike the BMW which is RWD, and I felt that the Volvo steering was too light.

(iii) If you look below the steering wheel near the foot pedals for the Volvo, you can actually see a knob protruding out - not sure what that is, but it was certainly an eye sore to me. 

(iv) the BMW just felt right to me, and they offered more for my current car. Prob cos they were trying to meet sales target end of last year.

Lala81 and Steptronic praised this

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:21 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

audi_bicycle_duo.jpg

First of all it's an Audi.

It goes in any direction on the roads and expressways.

It has no speed limit.

It's above the law here in Singapore.

There's no limit to this thing. Ultimate mode of transpork.

Darryn, Volvobrick, Thaiyotakamli, Mason016, Soya, Hiphiphoray, Mz3SP0907 and 5 other members praised this
Feel so rich. Or just an illusion?

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'd pick the wowo since I drive one.   :D I'm sure the XC and V owners can add more  [laugh]  [laugh]

Good points:  

a) Seats are absolutely comfy

b) Wearnes vehicle servicing and general service is wonderful and frankly, you don't have to pay a dime for your standard package servicing unlike some other marques

c) Bomb proof car in terms of reliability

d) You're surrounded by boron steel which makes you like a Leopard tank.  

e) Stocklist available so parts are easy

Bad points:

a) Perceived lower standing than the German marque (not really a point since I don't give a hoot)

b) Slightly larger turn radius due to the engine placement

c) Limited rim and exhaust selection if you are into aesthetics

d) Small boot 

Neutral points:

a) Volvo steering is assisted but it is not feather light unlike say a Toyota.  Heavy at slow speeds, less heavy at cruising speeds

b) Front wheel vs rear wheel debate

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I had BMW E46 before, plus a few wowos.  Personally I didn't like to drive the E46, steering too heavy (could not steer using only my palm), ride too hash, too noisy, too slow compared to my chipped wowo.  It did look very good from outside and better cornering.  (but most of the time we drive in a straight line....)

I have not tried the current S60, but it looks quite modern in and out.  And the seats should be the comfiest in the industry if they are similar to the old models.  I think it should be more reliable than BMW too.

The V60 looks even better.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i prefer wowo:

- best in industry comfy seats

- best in class safety

- service standard is good

- nice good-quality minimalist interior (saw some BMW aircon re-circulate button all rubbed till blank coz everytime start must press)

- brakes are NOT grabby

- T5 can let 320 smell exhaust

- steering is okay, not light at all

is a comfortable and quite reliable cruiser

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i prefer wowo:

- T5 can let 320 smell exhaust

is a comfortable and quite reliable cruiser

Haha, on that alone, if I was looking for a car, I'd pick a wowo.   [laugh]

btw, eyke, your locking problem solve liao?

Edited by Mason016, 06 January 2015 - 01:16 PM.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

audi_bicycle_duo.jpg

It has no speed limit.

and its Quattro (All Wheel Drive)

Mason016, TJX and Hexxor praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

Mason016
  • Mason016
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

+ no need coe, road tax or insurance somemore.   [laugh]

Thaiyotakamli praised this

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Haha, on that alone, if I was looking for a car, I'd pick a wowo.   [laugh]

plus, when merging lane, you have a higher probability of people letting you cut in when driving wowo, compared to driving BMW....

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

Magfocus
  • Premium member
    Magfocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Still looks like RWD to me

GLZT praised this

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Disc brake all round, though not BBK.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hi all, 

have narrowed my choices to these 2 cars 

there are probably other better cars out there but would like to hear regarding these 2 

need a second opinion here 

which one will you choose and why ?

many thanks !  [:)]

As much as i'm a wowo fan, i'll still choose the twin turbo RWD between the 2. 

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

Mz3SP0907
  • Premium member
    Mz3SP0907
    4th Gear
    Author Image

hmm... does it come with the 7DSG gb? [sweatdrop]

audi_bicycle_duo.jpg

It has no speed limit.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

had to change the lock, sian, not cheap man...

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hexxor
  • Premium member
    Hexxor
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I drive Volvo S60 but D2 engine. T5 should be even more responsive. I am happy with my car. BMW more fun to drive, but didnt want to waste so much money on 10 year rental from gov (COE lifespan is basically long term rental)

Posted 06 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

Holdenutessv
  • Premium member
    Holdenutessv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Another vote for Volvo.

Error 404: Signature Not Found

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

BMW 3 Series Sedan

BMW 3 Series Sedan  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Wasteland  |  Neutral Newbie

Review of 330i after 2 months ownership

Overall it's a good car, nice drive, stable and quiet. The drive is what BMW cars is well known for, total enjoyment. Steering is direct, chassis is good, cornering is without any doubt one of the most stable around in the market. Engine i... » Read More

Volvo S60

Volvo S60  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by gryphonmonster  |  Neutral Newbie

Sturdy as it is

I was torn between the Nisaan Qashqai and the Volvo S60, however decided to purchase the S60 with safety as the reason and also the lady doesn't like asian makes :| I have driven the car for a month now, and my previous driving experiences ar... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : BMW 3 Series Sedan, Volvo S60

Quick Reply

Tags: bmw, volvo, 320i, s60, 3-series

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users