• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This is quite a new model. Supposed to be better than old LM703.

I'm thinking of changing rubber.

Couldn't find much reviews online.

Any comments about this?

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

white fat man or nothing... :D

On a side note, i am on the falken flagship 453.

Like another bro that mentioned, this rubber runs max out at 30k. Pretty soft i say.

Avoid if you want longevity.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Like another bro that mentioned, this rubber runs max out at 30k. Pretty soft i say.

Thanks.

I'm comparing this with DY F1 Directional 5.

both have same price.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:28 AM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks.

both have same price.

i wont take any of the 2 , if I have to do so I wil go for Lm704

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks.

both have same price.

for some reason, i saw my friend's DY F1 D5 tyre wall becomes very flaky and rubbers are seen  badly peeling away. [sweatdrop]

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

for some reason, i saw my friend's DY F1 D5 tyre wall becomes very flaky and rubbers are seen  badly peeling away. [sweatdrop]

looks like its a quite a common problem with GY tyres........ some folks with GY EGrip or Assurance have this problem too...... rubber too soft?

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:24 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

looks like its a quite a common problem with GY tyres........ some folks with GY EGrip or Assurance have this problem too...... rubber too soft?

more like the rubber compound in question. But i guess those thai made should be okay.

Euro made.......scare [:/]

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:27 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

more like the rubber compound in question. But i guess those thai made should be okay.

Euro made.......scare [:/]

F1 D5 is made in Thailand..........  [laugh]

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:30 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

F1 D5 is made in Thailand..........  [laugh]

mmhhh.....my friend's seem euro made one.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

mmhhh.....my friend's seem euro made one.

oh.... been calling up a few shops and all say made in thailand

Posted 08 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oh.... been calling up a few shops and all say made in thailand

maybe its the size??? Me friend's is 19".

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:20 AM

ShellVpower
  • ShellVpower
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I beg to differ. My friend is using LM703 and has just cleared the 30k mark. His rubbers are still ok and good to go for another 15k. He drives a lot of Malaysia highway and sometimes exceeds 200kph. Never heard him complain. With more than 400 treadwear, you are looking at beyond 40k with proper tyre inflation. Tyres need to be kept at optimum pressure. Check your tyre pressure every 2 weeks at max and ensure that the pressure stays at the vehicle recommended pressure. My friends drives a car with 225/45 R17 and he keeps his pressure at 2.4-2.5bar (cold) by checking it every 2 weeks and topping up when necessary. He concedes that the performance is not as good as the ones he had in the past like Michelin primacy but the lifespan and price (<$130/pc, includes installation) compensates the loss. This is a ‘thai’ managed Dunlop project, collaboration with Sumitomo.

I am not prepared to align myself with a fool by disputing his folly. It wastes my time, effort, does not bring me money and worst of all, it reduces me to his level.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I beg to differ. My friend is using LM703 and has just cleared the 30k mark. His rubbers are still ok and good to go for another 15k. He drives a lot of Malaysia highway and sometimes exceeds 200kph. Never heard him complain. With more than 400 treadwear, you are looking at beyond 40k with proper tyre inflation. Tyres need to be kept at optimum pressure. Check your tyre pressure every 2 weeks at max and ensure that the pressure stays at the vehicle recommended pressure. My friends drives a car with 225/45 R17 and he keeps his pressure at 2.4-2.5bar (cold) by checking it every 2 weeks and topping up when necessary. He concedes that the performance is not as good as the ones he had in the past like Michelin primacy but the lifespan and price (<$130/pc, includes installation) compensates the loss. This is a ‘thai’ managed Dunlop project, collaboration with Sumitomo.

errr....i was referring the 30k to 453, not 703.

paisey for the confusion.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:46 AM

ShellVpower
  • ShellVpower
    4th Gear
    Author Image

errr....i was referring the 30k to 453, not 703.

paisey for the confusion.

oops sorry

I am not prepared to align myself with a fool by disputing his folly. It wastes my time, effort, does not bring me money and worst of all, it reduces me to his level.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

just MHO

modern era about tyre

Is the place where it produced

Is what compound formulated for where to use due to

road condition / weather / lastly the buying power too

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:26 PM

Sinicker
  • Sinicker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just changed to these tyres 185/60R15. DOM 2216. Fresh!

Happy with purchase!

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:49 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Dunlop LM704 copy cat spotted. From China of course.

It's selling in Singapore. Wonder what's the cost savings, against a more reputable budget tyre like Kumho KU31 / Solus, Falken Ziex ZE-914 or GT Radial Champiro to justify fixing such China tyres.

CST CS889 Crucero

http://www.csttires..../cs889-crucero/

Dunlop LM704

http://dunlop.com.sg...sp-sport-lm704/

Attached Thumbnails

• CST.jpg

Edited by Vinceng, 10 November 2016 - 08:58 PM.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Dunlop SP Sport LM704  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Hanan_ho  |  2nd Gear

Good, grippy tyres!

Fantastic tyres - so good that i am on my second set. Awesome in the wet - braking distance much better than my previous set of tyres, and these had no problem with aquaplanning. I have gone through a lot of quality tyres but these are far su... » Read More

Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Dunlop SP Sport LM704  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Donut  |  NOS-ed

Update of my review

Using 205/45/16 After a year of using this tyre for about 14k-15k KM. Did a 10k KM rotation Tyres are still very quiet, just like new. Sidewall are still soft. Wear is pretty even and good. Again, this is not a performance tyre.... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Dunlop SP Sport LM704

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: dunlop , lm704 , tyre

Tags: dunlop, lm704, tyre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users