• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 118 praises

Posted 07 January 2015 - 08:54 PM

Hmsg
  • Premium member
    Hmsg
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any bro with recommendation on reliable service and indicative pricing? Thanks.

Posted 10 January 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hmsg
  • Premium member
    Hmsg
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any help???

Posted 10 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

Ckchong8
  • Premium member
    Ckchong8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Any help???

Is it accident ? If yes call your insurance to arrange.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

Hmsg
  • Premium member
    Hmsg
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Is it accident ? If yes call your insurance to arrange.

Thanks for the info.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yeah, trust your own insurance and not any tom, dick and harry who approach to provide assistance

Edited by Wt_know, 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

Ronkovic
  • Ronkovic
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I once encountered an electrical failure of my ride in JB a couple of years back on CNY eve early morning 3am. At first, I thought it was a dead battery, so the kind staff at the petrol station helped me call the Malaysian AA truck to the station. Unfortunately, electrical failure so I had no choice but to find some way to get the car towed back home to Singapore. I tried calling the usual Singapore towing services but apparently, they are not allowed to drive into JB and can only drive at max to the mid-way point on the Causeway Bridge. 

Thankfully, the AA recovery guy passed a contact to me of a towing service that operates across Peninsular Malaysia and up to Thailand and downwards to Singapore. Waited for about an hour and a half and the tow truck showed up and the guy was very helpful. Took very great care in making sure that my lowered ride and body kit was rigged properly and driven home with great care despite already providing disclaimers that they are not responsible for damage. 

For towing back to Singapore you cannot go through the usual car customs but have to go through the lorry customs instead. There you would need to pay a fee (Forgot how much with it was - It's like some Export tax .. RM100 to 200 if I recall correctly) and they will provide you a receipt, do a quick inspection of your car before letting you through. The state of the roads (if you can call it that) at that lorry clearance area was horrible, and once again I am really grateful for the meticulous effort provided by the tow guy to ensure my lowered car did not suffer a scratch. 

After you cross the Causeway, you will also clear Singapore Customs via the lorry lanes. And again, there will be a security inspection and clearance before you are cleared to go. As it was CNY eve, I had no choice but to get the car back to my car park first and then could only arrange for towing back to my regular workshop after the long extended CNY break. 

Cost of towing back to SG was RM450.

Contact of towing service: Tecmotor Accident Claim Sdn Bhd. 

Contact person: Tin Kwi Guan (Ah Teck)

Contact number: 019-7783757, 016-7723757

Address: No. 2 & 4 Jalan Mutiara Emas 5/11. Taman Mt Austin. JB.

As I last used this contact some years back, better to call and check if it is still active and if the cost has been updated. I believe they are still operating as they work with almost all the big insurance companies in Malaysia.

As per usual I shall disclaim that caveat emptor applies and I have no connection to this service, neither do I enjoy any monetary or in-kind benefits of any sorts. 

Just sharing to give peeps here an option.

Edited by Ronkovic, 12 January 2015 - 08:55 AM.

Vid, Jeffc, Chowyunfatt, Darryn, Solar, Drafting88, Mcf777 and 5 other members praised this

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:10 AM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Some insurance companies have towing service. They can arrange for you.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:35 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

towed about 1.5 yrs ago

export tax rm200 - this cannot run away

AA members - tow from JB to anywhere in SG - RM550 tax included

AA members - tow to causeway mid point then call AA sg to tow - RM350 or RM400 (forget already) tax included

Non AA members - i.e asking tow service from any workshop in JB - RM800 - RM1k

anything further than JB , likely is distance based... quite expensive even for AA members and day or night also different charges

solely based on my 1.5 yrs experience... may not be accurate now

Edited by Galantspeedz, 12 January 2015 - 11:36 AM.

Darryn, Drafting88, Voodooman and keanie praised this
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 12 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

got a friend who tow his car from Melaka to JB at about RM800.

not all tow trucks wanna do it. got to call at least 4 guys before one agreed. no discount somemore. haiz.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:13 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Cost of towing back to SG was RM450.

Contact of towing service: Tecmotor Accident Claim Sdn Bhd. 

Contact person: Tin Kwi Guan (Ah Teck)

Contact number: 019-7783757, 016-7723757

Address: No. 2 & 4 Jalan Mutiara Emas 5/11. Taman Mt Austin. JB.

So his tow truck can drive directly into Singapore? Cos I tot they can't and will drop the car mid-way at Causeway, and then a Singapore tow truck will takeover....

keanie praised this

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

So his tow truck can drive directly into Singapore? Cos I tot they can't and will drop the car mid-way at Causeway, and then a Singapore tow truck will takeover....

Our gahmen has designated a car park in Woodlands, near the causeway, for MY tow truck to pass the towed car to sgp tow truck...  this was what happened last time when my car was towed back from MY. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:33 PM

TVT
  • Premium member
    TVT
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Our gahmen has designated a car park in Woodlands, near the causeway, for MY tow truck to pass the towed car to sgp tow truck...  this was what happened last time when my car was towed back from MY. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

What happened to your car then? :huh:

What were you doing in JB, then? :huh:

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What happened to your car then? :huh:

What were you doing in JB, then? :huh:

On our back from KL, our 1st gen Mit Spacewagon timing belt broke just after Senai toll station, early 90s.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Does AA still tow back from West Malaysia nowadays ?

Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:10 AM

Ronkovic
  • Ronkovic
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yup. The towing service drove into Singapore and all the way to my doorstep; or any other location in Singapore where required. 

I am aware that not all Malaysian tow services do so though - For example, AAM does not tow into Singapore. 

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

keanie
  • keanie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Does AA still tow back from West Malaysia nowadays ?

No, AA does not do it anymore. As mentioned by TVT, they will only take over from something like lampost 22 at Spore end (mark by a hut) at d causeway. Just, last Jan 2104, my car broke down at d slope after JB immigration. AAS asked me called AAM. Walau, so troublesome. I must go back JB immigration n meet them at d Shell petrol kiosk, then they applied permit, etc. I remembered, total charge was about S$160. But, I did'nt accept. The thought of going back, traffic jam n d afternoon weather is damm sianz...sianz. So luckily with d help n quidance of Malaysia Plus TP, I managed to drive n drift my car on Neutral gear to lampost 22 (hut). Here the AA towed my car. After clearance immigration, still need go immigration office for some documentation then custom check. 

Edited by keanie, 14 January 2015 - 03:56 PM.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

Clutched
    Author Image

I towed my BMW from Bukit Indah JB to Codewerx Kaki Bukit last night. It had broken down due to electronic issues.

The quote from https://www.johortowing.com  was S$350 from JB to SG.

I called my insurer DirectAsia and they arranged for a Malaysian tow truck to use a flatbed to bring my car to JB.

Tow truck arrived in 1 hours time.

This was professionally done without any damage to my car.

Insurer told me that my policy covers Malaysia roadside assistance, so the towing was free of charge.

Clearing customs in JB Checkpoint

nJCaFAN.jpg

Unloading Car in Singapore

mUgJzfQ.jpg

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

Crystal_tiong
  • Crystal_tiong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Oh , I didn't know insurance will do the tow if its not accident related.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

Dilemma
  • Premium member
    Dilemma
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Oh , I didn't know insurance will do the tow if its not accident related.

I always thought its only when there's an accident. If claim thru insurance, probably they will state it as a claim and load u in the next renewal.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:31 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I towed my BMW from Bukit Indah JB to Codewerx Kaki Bukit last night. It had broken down due to electronic issues.
The quote from https://www.johortowing.com was S$350 from JB to SG.

I called my insurer DirectAsia and they arranged for a Malaysian tow truck to use a flatbed to bring my car to JB.
Tow truck arrived in 1 hours time.
This was professionally done without any damage to my car.
Insurer told me that my policy covers Malaysia roadside assistance, so the towing was free of charge.

Clearing customs in JB Checkpoint

nJCaFAN.jpg

Unloading Car in Singapore

mUgJzfQ.jpg

What is the workshop diagnosis?

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

9 Degree Auto Pte Ltd

9 Degree Auto Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kle  |  Neutral Newbie

Went to 9 Degree today to fix my Vellfire aircon issues, got it done in less than 10 mins and totally free of charge, amazing honestly and explained it common problem for Toyota and easy fix. Super thanks, will surely recommend to friends....

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd

Kaizen Motors Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by JinwanJoy  |  Neutral Newbie

Getting my car fixed at Shawn's was such a breeze!! I've always feel at ease whenever my car is in his care. He provides super honest and professional feedback, and definitely one of the best value. He is literally my go-to person for anything car-related or even car-insurance related! » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Towing & Roadside Assistance

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, towing service and 5 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)