Tow car back from JB to Singapore

Hmsg

Oh , I didn't know insurance will do the tow if its not accident related.

I always thought its only when there's an accident. If claim thru insurance, probably they will state it as a claim and load u in the next renewal.

↡ Advertisement

I towed my BMW from Bukit Indah JB to Codewerx Kaki Bukit last night. It had broken down due to electronic issues.

The quote from https://www.johortowing.com was S$350 from JB to SG.

I called my insurer DirectAsia and they arranged for a Malaysian tow truck to use a flatbed to bring my car to JB.

Tow truck arrived in 1 hours time.

This was professionally done without any damage to my car.

Insurer told me that my policy covers Malaysia roadside assistance, so the towing was free of charge.

Clearing customs in JB Checkpoint

nJCaFAN.jpg

Unloading Car in Singapore

mUgJzfQ.jpg

What is the workshop diagnosis?

What is the workshop diagnosis?

After conducting a battery of tests, the workshop concluded that it was a DME fault. 

The BMW Digital Motor Electronics (DME) system controls all key aspects of the BMW engine's operation, ensuring optimum reliability, maximum performance and the lowest possible fuel consumption and emissions. The DME system receives up to 1,000 separate items of data input per second, including engine speed, air intake volume, air temperature and density, coolant temperature, throttle position, accelerator position and vehicle speed. DME verifies all incoming data by comparing it with the reaction of the rest of the system. If a defective sensor delivers unrealistic data, DME replaces this with preset standard values.

The workshop has noted that there has been a sharp increase in DME faults recently during the heavy rainy weather, perhaps due to increased moisture or condensation.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1