Scratched a Mercedes. Need to know repair charges.

rhaz

Many yrs ago my Coe car rolled fwd n bumped another Coe merc stopped in front of me. I got out of the car n merc owner remained cool in his driver seat n waved at me, signaling that was ok. That was the sey.

But in this case I think the TS no such luck, as he mentioned in his original post that the Merc owner already asking for compensation. [:(]

Actually it has been a while since his first post, wonder if he'd already settled it already, and if so, on what terms?

↡ Advertisement

Good luck to you if he goes back to AD for respray.

Each panel is $800. Min downtime is 3 days.

A taxi previously scratched my front bumper and tried to run away.

Very happy you caught him.

Nothing worse than those who hit and run.

:D

Hi everyone. I also need your advice to estimate the cost for repair of scratches on a Mercedes. It happened in a car park. I gave my self pressure as the other car was waiting to pass through and scratched the Merc that was parking near the slot. Just unfortunate. I left a note with my number. The owner may call me anytime tonight or tomorrow morning. 

I have taken two photos for you guys to see more clearly. The first one with without flash, the second one with flash.

post-158445-0-41383400-1493469800_thumb.jpg

post-158445-0-96261500-1493469766_thumb.jpg

P-plate driver. Please advise what are the things I need to know and how much cash I have to prepare. Or there are alternatives? thanks.  

• Praise 2

Hi everyone. I also need your advice to estimate the cost for repair of scratches on a Mercedes. It happened in a car park. I gave my self pressure as the other car was waiting to pass through and scratched the Merc that was parking near the slot. Just unfortunate. I left a note with my number. The owner may call me anytime tonight or tomorrow morning.

I have taken two photos for you guys to see more clearly. The first one with without flash, the second one with flash.

IMG_20170429_202048.jpg

IMG_20170429_202139.jpg

P-plate driver. Please advise what are the things I need to know and how much cash I have to prepare. Or there are alternatives? thanks.

Looks minor

Send to polish first and try buff off

Else just spray bumper, that section only $200 roundabout

If u need a contact pm me. My groomer I've been using for 12 yrs

Looks minor

Send to polish first and try buff off

Else just spray bumper, that section only $200 roundabout

If u need a contact pm me. My groomer I've been using for 12 yrs

Thanks a lot. I will pm you if needed. 

Edited by minion
  • Praise 1

Thanks a lot. I will pm you if needed. Would the owner insist going to his workshop instead?

Ya I can send the pic n he can advise on cost

I must commend your honesty @minion. Kudos for being gracious

The merc looks like a cgi model so owner may not be too fastodious

If I were the owner I'll say pay it forward and do the needful myself

Good on you once again

Ya I can send the pic n he can advise on cost

I had no idea how much it would cost and got the answer in minutes from you. thanks.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170429_202048.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170429_202139.jpg

Easily buff off with Turtle brand's swirl mark remover. Buy that owner a nice SB coffee while you guys wait for the groomer to work the magic in 5 mins.

hi guys, unfortunately I reversed into a Mercedes today... any idea what is the potential repair costs?

I guess license plate would be about $100?

a) spray the bumper $600?

b) replace the entire bumper... $XXXX?

c) what if the sensor is damaged too?

Also, if its non C&C workshop of his choice, would it make a difference if I go down with him

sigh

thanks

post-23203-0-06210100-1514462015_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

If you wish, you may drive down to get Mr Ng, 96166658, boss of a panel beater shop to asses the cost. His price is very reasonable and I am been using him for many years (close to 8 yrs).

His shop name is Khek Joo Motor Workshop, located at 9004 Tampines st 93. He is very popular with the SHC forum club. Think he has been mentioned in our MCF also.

• Praise 1

If you wish, you may drive down to get Mr Ng, 96166658, boss of a panel beater shop to asses the cost. His price is very reasonable and I am been using him for many years (close to 8 yrs).

His shop name is Khek Joo Motor Workshop, located at 9004 Tampines st 93. He is very popular with the SHC forum club. Think he has been mentioned in our MCF also.

Khek joo is more of a painter than a panel beater. A true panel beater is Lye design.

Picture not so clear

Looks like only 1 panel and license plate

If car still under warranty then sure wont agree to non C&C

If non C&C workshop, there are so many of these shops around, depending on where u stay

estimate probably around $500-$1000 at most

hi guys, unfortunately I reversed into a Mercedes today... any idea what is the potential repair costs?

I guess license plate would be about $100?

a) spray the bumper $600?

b) replace the entire bumper... $XXXX?

c) what if the sensor is damaged too?

Also, if its non C&C workshop of his choice, would it make a difference if I go down with him

sigh

thanks

• Praise 8

Picture not so clear

Looks like only 1 panel and license plate

If car still under warranty then sure wont agree to non C&C

If non C&C workshop, there are so many of these shops around, depending on where u stay

estimate probably around $500-$1000 at most

Thanks.. my worry is he go change the whole bumper. That's gonna be 5,000 at least?
  • Praise 1

Thanks.. my worry is he go change the whole bumper. That's gonna be 5,000 at least?

Don't forget to report to your insurance within 24 hours whether or not you intend to claim.

Later the bugger claim you 20k...

Why so many people aim for Mercedes when reversing?

Anyway I don't drive a Mercedes so please keep aiming

for them and not other makes.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

Don't forget to report to your insurance within 24 hours whether or not you intend to claim.

Later the bugger claim you 20k...

hi Kusje,

I spoke to the Mercedes owner and we agreed to a private settlement. He will drive to his workshop tomorrow and get a quote for me. 

If i agree to the quote, i will agree and transfer the money to him and he will proceed with the repair

Assuming the cost is too high for my liking, can i:

1) report to insurance and claim my insurance then? Assuming still within 24 hrs

2) if its after 24hrs, can i still report insurance? And if not, and i refuse to pay his 20k, what happens? Civil case?

C&C charge $2000+ to replace a rear bumper + respray for the model in your photo (reverse sensors not included)
  • Praise 1

C&C charge $2000+ to replace a rear bumper + respray for the model in your photo (reverse sensors not included)

thanks Phang. Thats actually the front bumper of the Mercedes

↡ Advertisement