• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
12 replies to this topic | 15 praises

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

5.5 Years 110k KM. 

Should I change out the entire assembly or just the filter? 

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

filter of cos, unless u facing other related issues.

FS

Posted 19 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

Tommisan
  • Premium member
    Tommisan
    4th Gear
    Author Image

5.5 Years 110k KM. 

If the fuel pump is working properly, why change it?
I had once replaced the fuel pump. As the fuel pump was dying, it wasn't able to create enough pressure to get the rev above 4k rpm. I was able to continue on my journey to the workshop for a checkup. I was lucky that the fuel pump continued to work until it had to be replaced.
What does not kill you only makes you stronger.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

I suspecting my fuel filter is choked. However i cant measure the fuel pressure.

is $48 filter vs $280 assembly 

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:57 PM

Acemundo
  • Premium member
    Acemundo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I suspecting my fuel filter is choked. However i cant measure the fuel pressure.

instead of second guessing why not ask the mechanic to do the checks.

some symptoms are common across different parts failure, it would have been pure guessing if didn't check which part is malfunctioning.  like recently I keep getting dashboard warning for low coolant level.  at first I though is the coolant tank leak so I brought it to mechanic who advised it was instead the clip which broke.  after 1 day of using, the warning for low coolant came on again.  this time the symptom is still the same, but the part which is spoilt, is dfferent.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

Kenomi
  • Premium member
    Kenomi
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Just changed my fuel pump after 6.5yrs. It was not working when i was changing out my fuel filter. Costed me about 70dollars for the pump as the mechanics did not charge me for manpower as we not sure whether he damaged it.

Edited by Kenomi, 22 January 2015 - 03:53 PM.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

W/shop that has fuel injector pressure tester kit should be able to carry out the pressure test.with ease.

Attached Thumbnails

• Temp 1.jpg

Acemundo praised this
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:48 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Kippei, on 18 Jan 2015 - 9:21 PM, said:

5.5 Years 110k KM. 

generally change fuel filter around 60k km.

go workshop in 1/4 tank (not full tank)

Byteslurve praised this

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

Unfair
  • Premium member
    Unfair
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually never seen a need to change a fuel filter. 
Unless you get your petrol from unknown sources, its actually quite clean. 

Just remember to take a picture of the filter when it comes out to remind me to say "told you so" ! lol

Yewheng praised this

Pepi18022009 (For Fifa14/GTA V)

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

Kenxon
  • Kenxon
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Im driving a toyota corolla, 

Mechanic advise me to change to original fuel pump.. but i found HKT (japan) Fuel pump cheaper by > 50%.

anyone use HKT fuel pump? can advise if it is giving any problem or higher FC?

Thank you

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:28 AM

Rober14558
  • Rober14558
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

This isn’t related (yet) but I couldn’t find any other relevant threads, my husband today has filled up my fiesta 1.5 eco boost with half a tank of unleaded petrol(there was already half a tank of diesel) however unlike when this normally happens he didn’t realise he made a mistake and then drove it 200miles! He then emailed me to say there may be an issue with my car it was misfiring, you don’t say....anyway he has to still drive the 200 miles home, we were told that as there was already half a tank of diesel if we now keep topping it up with more diesel this should be ok? Is this the case ? My husband is driving home and seems to think it’s running fine, should I still get it drained ???

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

ismailmiller
  • ismailmiller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Mechanic advise me to change to original fuel pump.. but i found HKT (japan) Fuel pump cheaper by > 50%.

Thank you

I went to check with stockist, toyota corolla original fuel pump only cost $200. Anyone knows any workshop which can replace this at a reasonable cost?

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

ismailmiller
  • ismailmiller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thank you

I went to check with stockist, toyota corolla original fuel pump only cost $200. Anyone knows any workshop which can replace this at a reasonable cost?

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

MSP Far East Pte Ltd

MSP Far East Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ender1  |  Clutched

Honestly they have the best service and charge very fairly. I got my ignition coil replaced for my Audi A3 and they did it well, quickly and price was reasonable. I recently went back to them for help after I accidentally dropped my engine oil cover into the engine undercover. They came down all the way to my office. I managed to get it out just before they arrived and... » Read More

Motor Tech Automobile

Motor Tech Automobile  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Shifter  |  Neutral Newbie

At 1st I was recommended by one of the FB page cum whatsapp closed group people to this workshop. 0 Star. Overall dishonest workshop. Went to fix my car was told to leave car over night. Steering rack was fixed but there was new damage to the car which they caused and did not inform me when I collected the car.
The Next day I notice there was a deep Scratch on my... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: fuel, pump, filter, change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users