Public Alcohol consumption bill-Cannot have a beer at a BBQ!

Darryn

Prevention is better than cure mah...

Also cheaper.

You go to those cities in Europe... after 9pm, you see many police on the street every night.

Waste of tax payer's money leh...

[laugh]

Prevent people from drinking publicly will lead them to drink even more before the curfew kicks in... They know by carrying alcohol after 10.30pm is considered a crime. If I bought 10 cans at 10pm and drank one while walking back but discovered that I can't reach home before 10.30pm, I would be forced to finish the rest... imagine that... hahaaa

↡ Advertisement

Well, that just means that the making out @ BBQ will start at 10.30pm since there is not much else to do from then on.

Edited by Celicar
  • Praise 1

Which damn smart scholar came up with this rule?

I would suggest them to focus more on smoking.

Want to smoke, smoke at the designated area (Just like Army smoking box).

Not allow to walk and smoke.

• Praise 3

Parliament: Up to $2,000 fine, 3 months' jail for repeat offenders who drink during banned hours

Police officers and approved person can request for personal information and conduct inspections of a person's property, including seeking the removal of one or more garments, - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/repeat-offender-2000-fine-3-months-jail-public-drinking-#xtor=CS1-10 http://

Wah - "approved person" (not a police officer) can ask people to strip in public....

Woo Hoo!!!

I think there is actually a law against walking and smoking.... just not enforced.

• Praise 1

When you see govt designating yellow boxes for smoking, then male smokers will start applying yellow lipstick on their lips. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Prevent people from drinking publicly will lead them to drink even more before the curfew kicks in... They know by carrying alcohol after 10.30pm is considered a crime. If I bought 10 cans at 10pm and drank one while walking back but discovered that I can't reach home before 10.30pm, I would be forced to finish the rest... imagine that... hahaaa

Don't stir.....

Since when the law say cannot carry? Carry is not consume ok, unless the can is opened.

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Sg we have a lot of law...example no smoking near shopping centre, bus stop, playground, void deck, corridor and MRT. but what is the point when there is no enforcement!

• Praise 2

sooner or later, all chenghu chalets will apply this beer rule.

Chenghu area = Public?

I suspect that if law passes -

Inside Chalet can.

Outside chalet (on the verandah etc) cannot.

So boring!!

Explaining why it chose 10.30pm as the cut-off point, the MHA said: "The timing is aligned with community events in residential estates which conclude at 10.30pm, to minimize noise and disturbance to the surrounding residents. Most shops will also be closed by then."People can continue drinking in licensed premises such as restaurants, coffee shops and bars, and their homes. Extension of retail sale hours for take-away liquor beyond 10.30pm may be granted on a case-by-case basis. For instance, organisers of events such as New Year's countdown parties held in public places will have to apply for a permit to sell and drink alcohol beyond 10.30pm.

No, s*it.

And how much would the permit costs?

Edited by Holdenutessv

UK and specifically London argued about this a few years back... the scourge of binge drinking by youths who drank a lot before pub closing hours.

To stop them from harming themselves by over drinking in a shorter period of time, they figured lets allow off-licences to be open 24/7. No need to binge. This was around 2005.

Except...

- some supermarkets started selling cheap alcohol so really young people started getting dependent on it...

- some people just drank 24/7...

- took a lot of police manpower to manage the problem... still cannot...

- hospital resources and emergency services stretched...

- alcohol fuelled crimes now more... and not just the usual pissing on someone door....

↡ Advertisement