Saw Lexus RC F On Our Road

NightWind

Hi guys was driving along Robinson Road and saw a blood red Lexus RC F today. I dont think its been launched here yet so i wonder how the buyer got it onto our roads so fast. Perhaps he did the paperwork for a foreign import himself?

The new coupe looks very aggressive;-

http://www.luxury-insider.com/luxury-news/2014/12/lexus-rc-f-and-the-rc-350-to-launch-in-singapore-in-2015

http://www.carbuyer.com.sg/test-drives/393-lexus-rc-f-2014-review-holy-f

Edited by Deeq
↡ Advertisement

Hi guys was driving along Robinson Road and saw a blood red Lexus RC F today. I dont think its been launched here yet so i wonder how the buyer got it onto our roads so fast. Perhaps he did the paperwork for a foreign import himself?

The new coupe looks very aggressive;-

http://www.luxury-insider.com/luxury-news/2014/12/lexus-rc-f-and-the-rc-350-to-launch-in-singapore-in-2015

http://www.carbuyer.com.sg/test-drives/393-lexus-rc-f-2014-review-holy-f

Apparently, there has already been at least one unit registered locally - see bottom of article

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3060&PN=2

tks limpeh, maybe thats the one i saw. Looks like the german coupes are going to have some stiff competition this year.

Between this RC F and the mustang, i think i will opt for the RC F. It seems to be a more technologically advanced and more reliable car? Although this seems a bit of a contradiction...advanced technologically does not fit well with reliability usually.

Apparently, there has already been at least one unit registered locally - see bottom of article

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/events_features.php?AID=3060&PN=2

tks limpeh, maybe thats the one i saw. Looks like the german coupes are going to have some stiff competition this year.

Between this RC F and the mustang, i think i will opt for the RC F. It seems to be a more technologically advanced and more reliable car? Although this seems a bit of a contradiction...advanced technologically does not fit well with reliability usually.

RC F is certainly a sleek looking car and will probably live up to Lexus/Toyota's renowned reliability. The Mustang, on the other hand will be a real novelty on our roads when it arrives and will be an attention grabber everywhere it goes. That said, I wouldn't mind having either one. With their 5L engines though, the road tax is gonna be a killer for both, not counting the 2.3L turbo variant for the mustang.

with a 5 liter engine I reckon the sales would still be muted if compared to the German coupes, anyone looking at that range (engine cap and power wise) would be considering cars like the m4 or jaguar f type.

Thats a valid point bro.

Actually, come to think of it, there is already another jap performance coupe that will compete with the existing german makes. Nissan GTR :)

But at RP of SGD450-488k perhaps its not cheaper than the RC F?

with a 5 liter engine I reckon the sales would still be muted if compared to the German coupes, anyone looking at that range (engine cap and power wise) would be considering cars like the m4 or jaguar f type.

Gtr is a good contender, might not be cheaper but the thought of being the undisputed king of the road will put a smile on your face hehe

I wonder how the Lexus fares in maintainence? pity they didn't go down the turbo route a 3 liter twin turbo RC F would tick all the right boxes :D

Thats a valid point bro.

Actually, come to think of it, there is already another jap performance coupe that will compete with the existing german makes. Nissan GTR :)

But at RP of SGD450-488k perhaps its not cheaper than the RC F?

Edited by Mercury1

Perhaps there maybe a smaller cc version of the RC F? A 5L V8 whilst nice is headed in the wrong direction as most of the makes are downsizing their carbon footprint.

I heard the RC F is in $300k range can anyone confirm? If this is the case it will be a better buy than Godzilla. Seems too good to be true leh.

Gtr is a good contender, might not be cheaper but the thought of being the undisputed king of the road will put a smile on your face hehe

I wonder how the Lexus fares in maintainence? pity they didn't go down the turbo route a 3 liter twin turbo RC F would tick all the right boxes :D

Yep agreed, I like how BMW is pushing the technology (i.e i8) to achieve power whilst reducing their footprint. No doubt Toyota can do it too (considering they had the Supra) just not sure why they are not pursuing that direction.

I doubt it would be 300K, if we go by engine cc as a price check the closest car is the LS460 with a base price of 490K I suspect the pricing would be about there.

It looks great though, no doubt the hardcore Lexus collectors would grab one.

Perhaps there maybe a smaller cc version of the RC F? A 5L V8 whilst nice is headed in the wrong direction as most of the makes are downsizing their carbon footprint.

I heard the RC F is in $300k range can anyone confirm? If this is the case it will be a better buy than Godzilla. Seems too good to be true leh.

There's a standard RC 350 coupe also la.

Hearsay may have a potential RC 200 Turbo coming next couple of years.

Anyway RC F with 5.0-litre NA V8 is probably last of its breed already. Next gen will most likely not see such engines any more. [:(]

There's a standard RC 350 coupe also la.

Hearsay may have a potential RC 200 Turbo coming next couple of years.

Anyway RC F with 5.0-litre NA V8 is probably last of its breed already. Next gen will most likely not see such engines any more. [:(]

Yeah, today saw a white RC350 on CTE.

Neutral Newbie

After the recent top gear was surprised Jeremy was so negative about the Rc F, I thought he was being his usual self but seems other reviewers have similar complaints about the weight. Wonder if it matters if the car was just being driven normally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMu7cvZFmI

Most Western mags have deep BMW allegiance. Original reviews of M4 mention problems with oversteer and handling caused by too much low end torque and light weight! Main V8 advantage is the feel and sound (someone say like having aural sex :) ) and linear response. Read new MB C63 reviews- chief engineer said customers still demand big V8s - and little mention of weight problem. But RCF's key differentiation is that normal person can easily drive it at the limits and have fun, whereas BMW, MB, Audi RS5 require you to be an expert to do so (less than 5% of drivers).

Edited by Vee8
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1