Japan: Auto-Otaku 2015: Hardcore Tokyo Fresh Meet in Odaiba

Mockngbrd

Original article link for higher quality images: http://wp.me/p1U4WH-3C

Prease sappork sappork and like my fb page so next time i can be celebrities blroggerls and eat free food at restaurant: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Garage36/263822652100

Part 1:

DSC06922.jpg

Odaiba Decks, my last stop for the cold cold night before the start of the Tokyo Auto Salon. This is real Tokyo street car culture, this is the Hardcore Tokyo Fresh Meet. Organised by Super Street magazine, Hardcore Tokyo and All That Low Japan.

DSC06793.jpg

I have decided to split up this event’s writeup into two post as having every image i intend to show on one page might be overkill for those on mobile devices.

DSC06604.jpg

With the Tokyo Auto Salon set to showcase some crazy machinery and amazing show cars, it’s still always fresh and interesting to see the vehicles real Tokyoites (& non Tokyoites) choose to roll in. And from the license plates we saw, plenty of attendees showed up from all nearby parts of Japan.

DSC06622.jpg

DSC06619.jpg

DSC06620.jpg

Unicorns to all of pretty much everyone in Singapore, these two NSXs parked up early representing Honda’s finest efforts back in the early 90s.

DSC06577.jpg

DSC06730.jpg

DSC06682.jpg

More VTEC love.

DSC06588.jpg

There were also plenty of R32s lying in wait. With these becoming legal for import into the US, many of them were sporting “Y” (Yankee) plates. These vehicles belong to members of the U.S. military stationed in Japan and i’m guessing, they will be shipping those GTR32s back home once they’ve finished their tour.

DSC06943.jpg

Those wheels.

DSC06597.jpg

DSC06599.jpg

DSC06908.jpg

How do you like your San-ni?

DSC06715.jpg

DSC06707.jpg

In a sea of modified cars, a stock looking R32 does garner quite a bit of attention. There’s that “Y” plate once again. Sigh…

DSC06746.jpg

There were also many Hachirokus around.

DSC06752.jpg

More Hachis than you can shake a stick at.

DSC06927.jpg

DSC06860.jpg

DSC06865.jpg

DSC06841.jpg

All manner of shapes and shades…

DSC06937.jpg

DSC07042.jpg

…Beat up or cleaned up, they are here.

Edited by Mockngbrd
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

(edited)

DSC06972.jpg

On the topic of nostalgic machines, there were a few representatives of Detroit Iron.

DSC06950.jpg

DSC06615.jpg

Can you feel the old school rumble?

DSC06613.jpg

DSC06608.jpg

DSC06611.jpg

“Meep! Meep!”

DSC06914.jpg

Only in Japan.

DSC06997.jpg

I really have no idea what this is but it sat really low and it was really wide.

DSC06977.jpg

DSC06956.jpg

DSC07012.jpg

DSC06853.jpg

There were a couple of Euro mobiles around but the night was ruled by JDMs.

DSC06574.jpg

DSC06563.jpg

A very USDM styled E36 Compact.

DSC06702.jpg

There was plenty of Nissan love.

DSC06690.jpg

DSC06631.jpg

Some of the lovin was a little bit more “unique”.

DSC06697.jpg

DSC06641.jpg

DSC06692.jpg

DSC06641.jpg

DSC06877.jpg

DSC06882.jpg

Each one a reflection of the owners’ taste, but no hating going around. This is Japan.

DSC06719.jpg

Sweet and clean S13 Silvia was lovely.

DSC06791.jpg

Edited by Mockngbrd

DSC06672.jpg

The cars just kept streaming in throughout the time i was there and i promptly followed this Hakosuka up to the second level.

DSC06832.jpg

DSC06816.jpg

DSC06802.jpg

Where it parked up right next to a glorious Sunny truck.

DSC06825.jpg

DSC06805.jpg

Check out the slightly off-color tint showcasing some flame graphics. Awesome.

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06735.jpg

The red Sunny truck had a friend on the lower level with it’s bonnet opened up showcasing a nicely built little engine.

With so many cars to capture, it was pretty much impossible to showcase all that were present that night, this meet totally blew my mind, it was wild and just madness. Pure madness, which will continue in Part 2.

• Praise 2

Part 2: http://wp.me/p1U4WH-3J

DSC06760.jpg

Many people have asked me during my travels to Japan if i’ve ever visited Daikoku and although i’d love to one day have a go, without renting a car or having a local bring you around, it’s pretty much impossible for most overseas visitors to make trip. Sure i could have taken a taxi cab down but the return leg of an excursion like that might be a little bit sketchy and that does not include the costs involved with Japanese Taxis too! Suffice to say i’d rather spend that amount of money on a nice Yakiniku BBQ dinner. So all this while, the closest i’ve ever really got to seeing what people really drive was in the Makuhari Messe car park during the Tokyo Auto Salon and scrutinizing pages of Speedhunters.

DSC06867.jpg

Which is why, when the Hardcore Fresh Tokyo Meet was first announced on Facebook, i did a double take on the location. Odaiba? I know where Odaiba is! I’ve been to Odaiba! I can take the train to Odaiba! *Happy dance*

DSC06600.jpg

For those who don’t know, Odaiba is a baller man-made island in Tokyo Bay with some big shopping malls, an Onsen theme park and the Toyota Megaweb. Like other parts of downtown Tokyo, connectivity is excellent with two main train lines passing through. Opt for the Yurikamome at night and be treated to a nice of the Tokyo bay area while your train does a little loopy loop before or after the Rainbow bridge (depending on your direction of travel).

DSC06668.jpg

Anyway, here’s Part 2 of the cars i saw during the Fresh Meet. From the chic to the crazies and the fashionable to the fabulous, Japan really has it all. I have saved some of the more “interesting” sights for Part 2. For those who might have missed it earlier, here is Part 1 »

DSC06915.jpg

Nuthin to see here, just chillin next to a stretched and poked Crown. Did i ever mention i have a thing for these Japanese Luxo sedans? They just seem… Cool…

DSC07015.jpg

#01 rule when it comes to modifying cars in Japan: There are no rules.

DSC06778.jpg

Mad Crown we saw rolling in earlier reppin a mishmash of USDM/Boso/Euro.

DSC06627.jpg

DSC06687.jpg

I’m not very well versed in the Mark II/Chaser/Cressida scene so i’m guessing these are Chasers?

(edited)

DSC06873.jpg

More USDM influences. Quite well done might i add.

DSC06570.jpg

Something i’ve never seen before, a Isuzu Vehicross. Very unique and doesn’t look like a 17-year old design does it?

DSC06775.jpg

DSC06782.jpg

There’s always time to do some last minute cleaning! Get this guy some products!

DSC06704.jpg

DSC07004.jpg

DSC06988.jpg

DSC06653.jpg

DSC06755.jpg

DSC06790.jpg

Such a variety of cars and everyone was respectful. Love it.

DSC06843.jpg

Elsewhere, the organizers were busy dishing out some merchandise.

DSC06634.jpg

Very clean 86 with some choice additions. White wheels work really well on the blue.

DSC06920.jpg

DSC06985.jpg

How do you like your bonnet decorations? I wonder if the も plate is an intentional reference to moé, if so, nice little detail.

DSC06770.jpg

It is really quite hard to imagine it, even i couldn’t believe until i saw for myself that they actually do drive around like this. It’s so crazy.

DSC06810.jpg

DSC06798.jpg

Speaking of crazy… This Silvia really brings insanity up another notch. There’s even a mini Pole-dancer on the antenna.

DSC06892.jpg

As seen on Speedhunters. The famous Millennium Jade ER34 4-door. Looking fantastic, though the OCD part of me really wanted to give it a wash to get rid of all that dust.

DSC06905.jpg

DSC06889.jpg

DSC06899.jpg

Nice lighting for this car. I wonder if Tsukuba plates earn you extra street cred.

DSC06902.jpg

Nice detail on the fuel filler cap with a sculpted recess for opening.

DSC07031.jpg

DSC07021.jpg

Old school Kyusha love.

DSC07050.jpg

Hachimaru hero looking fresh on BBS wheels. BBS FTW!

DSC06720.jpg

DSC06999.jpg

Toyota Porte and little Daihatsu Mira showing you don’t need big power to have fun.

DSC06671.jpg

Cars were still coming in as the time came for me to leave, with the Tokyo Auto Salon set to open it’s doors in a few hours (And with my alarm set to go off at 630am), i had to hit the train station for my ride back towards Tokyo Station. It had been a long long day (and night) and this was just my first day in Town. Japan’s car scene is just amazing.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Done. So envious that you are there in Odaiba now. The weather must be perfect.

No la. am back for a week already. haha. This was about 2 weeks ago, Thursday night before the start of TAS on Friday.