Public Consultation on Climate Change and Singapore

Didu

Supercharged

"The government is consulting stakeholders on measures that can be taken to further enhance Singapore’s plan to reduce carbon emissions and promote green growth beyond 2020. As a party to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, Singapore is actively involved in ongoing negotiations to work out a new global agreement on climate change by end 2015. One key strategy is energy efficiency, especially as Singapore has limited alternative energy sources."

"Share Your Views

We want to hear your views on any of the following areas for action. We also welcome your perspectives on the last document – pertaining to harnessing economic and green growth opportunities in clean energy, urban solutions, research and test bedding, among others:"

post-62935-0-30514100-1421826408.jpg

- from https://www.nccs.gov.sg/consultation2015

↡ Advertisement

SG is one small pee sai in the World... simi climate change... if they really want to do, go put solar on top of EVERY HDBee block and windmills in front of every PAP politician.

Edited by Mockngbrd

SG is one small pee sai in the World... simi climate change... if they really want to do, go put solar on top of EVERY HDBee block and windmills in front of every PAP politician.

They got plenty farts to be harvested by windmills?!

• Praise 1

We green? My foot!

-) Just look at how LTA tax green cars.

-) Look at how congested we are due to road planning and they never listen.

I'm green in my own ways, creating more carbon so trees have more "food" to produce oxygen.

And I'm green by washing car every once every 2 months.

I'm green as no aircon at home.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

For those who have visited Taiwan, notice how dedicated lane is allocated to motorbikes & bicycles on most roads. No license plate and driving license required for electric scooters. (This benefits the elderly greatly as they can continue to be mobile while being green at the same time.) It encourages market development of electric or alternative fuel bike. To me, that is a huge step towards promoting green without shouting about it.

• Praise 4

Exactly.

Singapore is the BEST city in the world for electric mobility, and it's only the authorities' stubbornness that is preventing it from happening here.

• Praise 1

Exactly.

Singapore is the BEST city in the world for electric mobility, and it's only the authorities' stubbornness that is preventing it from happening here.

If everyone go electric mobility, how they made monie....

Singapore garman, collect monie first. Others talk later.

• Praise 3

Amended to tell the truth:-

Exactly.

Singapore is the BEST city in the world for electric mobility, and it's only the authorities' stubbornness in only supporting programs which make money for them that is preventing it from happening here.

• Praise 2

Exactly.

Spore gahment, on one hand said support UN carbon emission reduction but come implementation, don't whole heartedly support. Take those CNG car owners for instance. The owners taken for a ride. They paid big sum of money to convert to CNG then later paid another sum to revert to fuel. Beside, really stressful for these owners n taxi, spending hours to q n top up at few ulu CNG stations. So, if d gahment would to introduce electric cars, don't be a sucker, make sure all d gahment vehicles r on electric first. Haha

big joke

cars itself has a higher emission than bikes such as honda wave.

the honda wave can manage 50km per litre of petrol. find a car that can beat this.

still, nothing beat public transport

I suggest something miw sure like

Raise petrol tax to counter crude oil price decline

I got transport minister calibre right?

😃

big joke

cars itself has a higher emission than bikes such as honda wave.

the honda wave can manage 50km per litre of petrol. find a car that can beat this.

still, nothing beat public transport

Any litre superbike has better FC than a Toyota Altis.

Any litre superbike has better FC than a Toyota Altis.

correct.

so the emphasis should not be how to improve car's fuel consumption.

should support motorcycling instead

↡ Advertisement