Windows 10 to be free for 1st year

Ender

Twincharged

So for those Bros who have already upgrade and using Windows 10, how is it?

gotta wait till 29 July

↡ Advertisement

Your win 3.1 hd version ah? So nice.

I boot up my 3.1 I see a lot of jagged pixels.

win31.png

my one is chiong one [grin]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Windows 10 will not have an annual fee. Windows 10 will not charge you a yearly subscription after the free-for-one-year upgrade offer expires. Microsoft's Gabe Aul took it to Twitter just the other day to reiterate this point, after one Twitter user asked him to be clear. "@Microsoft before I go to #Windows10, you need to be clear what update free for year means? Statement leaves door open for annual fees later."

http://www.winbeta.org/news/stopping-fud-there-no-yearly-subscription-fee-windows-10

posted on the guy's twitter (see via the link above)

need to pay annual subscription?

see my link

• Praise 1

Windows 10 will not have an annual fee. Windows 10 will not charge you a yearly subscription after the free-for-one-year upgrade offer expires. Microsoft's Gabe Aul took it to Twitter just the other day to reiterate this point, after one Twitter user asked him to be clear. "@Microsoft before I go to #Windows10, you need to be clear what update free for year means? Statement leaves door open for annual fees later."

http://www.winbeta.org/news/stopping-fud-there-no-yearly-subscription-fee-windows-10

see my link

time to support microsoft!!! [grin]

i-will-always-choose-a-lazy-person-bill-

Hypersonic

see my link

No free Windows 10 for beta testers :o[dizzy]

http://gizmodo.com/microsoft-finally-decides-no-free-windows-10-for-beta-1713251432?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Turbocharged

i saw. they changed again.

its technically free if you continue to download beta builds.

i'll probably just change to the slow ring (so only install stable beta builds) and just continue.

if not, reinstall the windows 8 license, and then upgrade to windows 10 that way. but seems kind of leceh for me to do so.

Supersonic

Give free... let us use song song... everything WIN 10.... wanna change also difficult.... LL pay.... thats when they come out the sharp sharp knife.... charge $128/year suck-cription...... just like now their Office 365..... nbzzz.... become yearly suck-cription.... :pissed-off:

Most MNCs have a program for their employees to buy a copy of Microsoft office for 10 SGD under the "HUP - Home use program".

Current version for my company is Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2013.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Decided to take the plunge and install windows 10. Horrible mistake!

The installation too ages. Hanged midway and had to reboot manually. Then when it start up, the screen kept flickering. Had to reset the installation and Windows 10 uninstalled practically ALL my programs! :darkmood:

Wanted to uninstall the OS and go back to Win 7. The option was missing! :pissed-off:
WTF!!!! What a shit OS :brzzzzz:

• Praise 1

The installation too ages. Hanged midway and had to reboot manually. Then when it start up, the screen kept flickering. Had to reset the installation and Windows 10 uninstalled practically ALL my programs! :darkmood:

Wanted to uninstall the OS and go back to Win 7. The option was missing! :pissed-off:

Wow!

Lucky I still waiting although everyday there is pop up reminder for me to " upgrade " .

Thanks for sharing .

• Praise 8

Hypersonic

Wow!

Lucky I still waiting although everyday there is pop up reminder for me to " upgrade " .

Thanks for sharing .

If your current OS is working well. Do NOT upgrade. :yuush:

• Praise 3

(edited)

I have a notebook with very minimal installed programs. Almost like it's newly bought. Upgrade was smooth.

However I don't dare to upgrade my main personal PC with all my installed programs and config that are swee swee.

Edited by Ender

I updated my 5yrs old Acer PC 2 weeks ago, smoothly, just 2~3hrs I think, didn't really keep track of the time taken... and damn stable leh... I like win10 ....

Thanks for sharing Bro....

Haven't install yet... Looks like will wait first...

Sorry to hear your story... Can bring back to reset?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

I have a notebook with very minimal installed programs. Almost like it's newly bought. Upgrade was smooth.

However I don't dare to upgrade my main personal PC with all my installed programs and config that are swee swee.

same here ... i upgraded my atom netbook ... i left it on overnight .... occasionally checking in on it ....and it installed without any issues.

however, being an atom netbook, it has become much more slower that when it was running win7.

Hypersonic

I updated my 5yrs old Acer PC 2 weeks ago, smoothly, just 2~3hrs I think, didn't really keep track of the time taken... and damn stable leh... I like win10 ....

I first upgraded my laptop last month. All was good. Maybe because not many programs installed there. So after a month, I thought my PC can upgrade already. Then the horror happen.

The only good thing is windows 10 gives me a list of programs it uninstalled :lll._.: So I can reinstall from the list :darkmood::ouch-it-hurts:

↡ Advertisement