New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

Seems like Toyota's design language is tending towards dramatic grilles. Just look at the Crown Royal's stepped terrace grille.

It'll really take some time getting used to a grille with the size of a Rolls Royce's.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Seems like Toyota's design language is tending towards dramatic grilles. Just look at the Crown Royal's stepped terrace grille.

It'll really take some time getting used to a grille with the size of a Rolls Royce's.

true...just realised too.

same like Elgrand, Esquire and some Audi...

Update information:

Things not sure

1) Moonroof is it similar to existing model, ie front only tilt up and rear can open fully. Hopefully, the rear moonroof do not follow current estima ie glass cannot open, only just sliding inner shade.....

Yes, the rear moonroof can slide open like previous model

2) Absence of blind spot monitor for side mirror

- yes, no blind spot monitor even for the highest grade

3) The front LED lights is it position light or daytime running lights

-daytime running lights only for the higher specs version ie G/V or SC/ZG model

4) Front fog lights LED or normal halogen

- normal halogen for lower specs, LED for the higher specs version

5) Rear fog lights available?

- the 3 rear LED fog lights is an option

6) reverse lights LED or normal bulb

- normal bulb (sad....)

7) Auto open sliding door upon approach/auto lock standard on all model or only the executive lounge.

- only for higher spec model

8) One touch open close auto door standard?

- standard

9) Front Cornering lights standard?

- only for higher spec model

Others:

Cruise control is standard all grade.

The middle row and third row window blinds only for the higher specs model.

To have all those higher specs model - choose either the Vellfire ZG or Alphard SC model.

The ZA or SA or the V or G model has one feature that higher specs do not have, the long slide passenger front seat. But these model also do not have the large console box or armrest....

Any idea when this car will be available in Singapore and what is the official spec offered by the authorized agent?

Probably June for most PI.

Some favourite or higher specs models or certain colours may need to wait Oct onwards.

For Borneo motors, heard launch in May.

Let me guess - For Borneo cars

1) vellfire will have Toyota emblem in front

2) the speedometer will be 220km/hr instead of 180km/hr

3) there will be no SET button on the remote key (only lock, unlock, L side door, R side door and perhaps power tailgate)

4) only has the standard external body - not available the Aero bodykits, for both VF and alphard

5) only 2.5 cc, not available the 3.5 cc or the royal lounge version

6) only non hybrid

7) the list price will be 30-50k more than corresponding PI specs

8) there will be a spare tyre (instead of tyre patching kits.....spare tyre is an option for PI cars)

9) the cheapest range will not have the twin moonroof

Saw the new Vellfire at Borneo motors last weekend. I think its very nice internally. The black interior feels very luxurious especially the second row with the electric recliner. The leather is very plush like those found on premium german models. Although the bonnet looks short, it does has a very modern looking design. Height is also less restrictive to MSCP at 1.895m. Not sure if auto parking is standard. However, it is not stated in the sales brochure.

3 models (alphard standard and elegance,vellfire elegance) are offered here. Suddenly the vellfire is like my most desired car now. Found myself looking through the brochure many times. I think BM is offering 3 years free maintenance package with the car.

However, hope the improvement like an all round camera and the traffic conditions monitoring system similiar to the new bmw connect would be available in the FL or improvements models.

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Saw the new Vellfire at Borneo motors last weekend. I think its very nice internally. The black interior feels very luxurious especially the second row with the electric recliner. The leather is very plush like those found on premium german models. Although the bonnet looks short, it does has a very modern looking design. Height is also less restrictive to MSCP at 1.895m. Not sure if auto parking is standard. However, it is not stated in the sales brochure.

3 models (alphard standard and elegance,vellfire elegance) are offered here. Suddenly the vellfire is like my most desired car now. Found myself looking through the brochure many times. I think BM is offering 3 years free maintenance package with the car.

However, hope the improvement like an all round camera and the traffic conditions monitoring system similiar to the new bmw connect would be available in the FL or improvements models.

Whats the price quoted to you?

Turbocharged

u mean it doesnt come w all round camera? d car is so dam huge.. its longer than the previous model!

u mean it doesnt come w all round camera? d car is so dam huge.. its longer than the previous model!

All round camera i think only the top end Executive lounge model.

However, standard across all range is the all round sonar sensor.

$218988

This should be the standard alphard.

The higher specs alphard elegance and vellfire elegance will be 10-20k more if not mistaken based on borneo motor website.

Any idea how long is the waiting time / delivery?

yes, get one, suggest the higher spec elegance.

Its the best largest mpv to own - although the "lowest height" compared to previous 2 generations.

Collected our Alphard last week from BM. Leaps n bounds improvement over the previous gen alphard which we traded in for. Many issues we encountered over the last gen were addressed, like wider entry, better 2nd row leg room, rear storage, better integrated sound system, much much quieter drive... And many other nice touches to the overall package. Impressed.

• Praise 2

Anyone tried to lower the height for their Alphard?

I was recommended to change to lower profile tyres (which I worry will make it more bumpy).

Or, change to Tein adjustable suspension (anyone know how much it cost?)

• Praise 1

Collected our Alphard last week from BM. Leaps n bounds improvement over the previous gen alphard which we traded in for. Many issues we encountered over the last gen were addressed, like wider entry, better 2nd row leg room, rear storage, better integrated sound system, much much quieter drive... And many other nice touches to the overall package. Impressed.

Congrats

Wah, thats fast for Borneo motors to be able to collect last week.

which version colour do you get?

Anyone tried to lower the height for their Alphard?

I was recommended to change to lower profile tyres (which I worry will make it more bumpy).

Or, change to Tein adjustable suspension (anyone know how much it cost?)

suggest dont try - previously did for my first generation alphard and cant get alignment (steering wheel/tyres) to be perfect

not necessary too as its just abt 1.9m (older model more than 1.9)

The Alphard elegance model offered by BM is equivalent to which PI model?

i think its the S "C" package (or ZG edition for VF)

Elegance in white. Booked before the launch without test drive and also paid for the guaranteed coe package. The other useful difference is the overall car height. Now we can access the older multi storey carpark without having the roof been scratched.

Turbocharged
(edited)

its half meter longer than outgoing model so its given the legroom shld be better lol.. when parking the car will stick out longer than the other cars nearby. also its a few CM wider...

Edited by Duckduck

Elegance in white. Booked before the launch without test drive and also paid for the guaranteed coe package. The other useful difference is the overall car height. Now we can access the older multi storey carpark without having the roof been scratched.

White is my favourite too....yours is 070 pearl white or the "newer" 086 glass flakes luxury white?

Saw a borneo motors alphard yesterday evening, while waiting to fetch my daughter at her school, parked next to it.

The kind owner allow me to view the interior. Wow, was impressed! The beige leather interior is very nice. PI only offers the standard half leather from Japan (the full leather is very costly options). Also notice the borneo motor version has Auto start stop function (which will improved fuel consumption) - is an option for PI cars.

Yes, latest/alphard is very nice and bold, initially look a bit "ugly like monster predator" but with time start to admire it.

Also like the daytime running lights, full LED headlights (but LED high beam not as powerful as halogen or bixenon), superb suspension (almost like S class air suspension) and the interior is not compromised despite lowered overall height...same as previous generation.

Tank capacity is also larger at 75L, now full tank range probably at least 600km (which previous alphard can only dream off).

Also the Radar cruise control (decelerate by itself when approaching a slower car while cruising) and steering wheel warmer (standard for ZG or SC) is fun to have for long drive.

Mine is pearl white. The luxury white is more like a creamy white.

Unfortunately, BM's alphard doesn't come with radar cruise control which I wanted. Neither does it comes with surround camera, auto Park, blind spot indicator like the Honda Odyssey. Putting these aside, it is a very quiet and comfortable car to drive.

With the rear hidden storage underneath the floor, the 3rd row seats can now pushed way back, hence increasing the overall interior space.

↡ Advertisement