New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

About 630-650km

1 full tank can travel 630-650km? Thats very good FC. Yours not hybrid right?

Around how many % highway and city?

↡ Advertisement

1 full tank can travel 630-650km? Thats very good FC. Yours not hybrid right?

Around how many % highway and city?

1 full tank about 65-66L. Can travel about 630-650km, that's about 10.4-10.8L/100KM.

About 60-40 highway-city. 2.5ZG model, not hybrid

Travel mainly CTE, PIE to work place.

• Praise 1

1 full tank about 65-66L. Can travel about 630-650km, that's about 10.4-10.8L/100KM.

For the huge car size and able to achieve >600km on full tank, i think is already very good... 

I know many other users getting 450-500km per tank. Maybe their driving style and not so much on highway. 

• Praise 1

For the huge car size and able to achieve >600km on full tank, i think is already very good... 

I know many other users getting 450-500km per tank. Maybe their driving style and not so much on highway. 

agree, quite surprise myself when the latest alphard able to travel slightly above 700km before almost empty (especially if travel within speed limit at NS highway).

Mixed driving is SG ranges from 550 to 660km per full tank.

yes, abt there!

so dont modified/larger wheels etc as afraid will reduce our fuel consumption

ride and handling v good already,

Anyone has the English manual to share?

agree, quite surprise myself when the latest alphard able to travel slightly above 700km before almost empty (especially if travel within speed limit at NS highway).

Mixed driving is SG ranges from 550 to 660km per full tank.

yes, abt there!

so dont modified/larger wheels etc as afraid will reduce our fuel consumption

ride and handling v good already,

check with Agent borneo motors recently, can buy, around $100, but no stock at the moment, need a few mths.

Saw from the specs, Borneo fuel tank is 75L whereas PI is 65L.

Is this true?

Is this true?

Yes, the PI 4WD version is 65L

ours should be 75L too.

check the Japanese manual.

I have personally top up 69L before, so cannot be 65L.

Perhaps SG carmart and some local car magazine made that mistake, all list 65L.

Is this true?

ours should be 75L too.

ours should be 75L too.

ours should be 75L too.

Ohh, so yours is from PI?

In that case, with 65-70L topup you will be able to achieve 550-650km per tank?

Neutral Newbie

Hi! Thinking of buying a Vellfire. What is the difference between BM and PI? Also, which PIs are best? Thanks for your advice.

Need advise from 2015 Alphard/VF owners. I decided to go the PI path and is aware their DRL although is installed, is unfortunately disable via software due to Jap regulation.

Appreciate if can share any workshop out there who's able to switch the DRL back on? 

Hi! Thinking of buying a Vellfire. What is the difference between BM and PI? Also, which PIs are best? Thanks for your advice.

U need to scout around a bit so far I shortlisted L**O and V****R cos of their reputation and workshop and of cos pricing

For equivalent BM and PI spec should be 10k diff...which is norm. IMO do go PI cos can customise ICE, leather color and design, and cos its the few PI car that can display English instead of Japanese   [;)]

Need advise from 2015 Alphard/VF owners. I decided to go the PI path and is aware their DRL although is installed, is unfortunately disable via software due to Jap regulation.

Appreciate if can share any workshop out there who's able to switch the DRL back on? 

Congrats for your purchase!

Day time running lights

1) it is not standard across the range, the lower specs have no DRL, not because that its disable, but its "empty"

For alphard, the DRL version also comes with the longer position lighs (fortunately, the VF with no DRL comes with this too).

Even the non moonroof borneo motors version has no DRL.

2) for those with DRL, leave the light switch at AUTO (note: when just start engine, vehicle still in park, the DRL may not be activated yet, need to move, or engage D). 

http://www.------.com/pi-car-features/9911/toyota-alphard-2.5-sc-2015

Not all written is accurate.

The VF Borneo motors version is approximately equivalent to ZG version.

Borneo motors - have auto stop start, leather seat (no radar cruise, no PCS, no steering wheel warmer)

Some PI ZG has

1) PCS (pre crash system) with radar cruise control

2) steering wheel warmer

3) additional function SET on the key fob (auto open sliding door on approaching - but need to set)

Congrats for your purchase!

Day time running lights

1) it is not standard across the range, the lower specs have no DRL, not because that its disable, but its "empty"

For alphard, the DRL version also comes with the longer position lighs (fortunately, the VF with no DRL comes with this too).

Even the non moonroof borneo motors version has no DRL.

2) for those with DRL, leave the light switch at AUTO (note: when just start engine, vehicle still in park, the DRL may not be activated yet, need to move, or engage D). 

http://www.------.com/pi-car-features/9911/toyota-alphard-2.5-sc-2015

Not all written is accurate.

The VF Borneo motors version is approximately equivalent to ZG version.

Borneo motors - have auto stop start, leather seat (no radar cruise, no PCS, no steering wheel warmer)

Some PI ZG has

1) PCS (pre crash system) with radar cruise control

2) steering wheel warmer

3) additional function SET on the key fob (auto open sliding door on approaching - but need to set)

Ha not yet sign the paper..but soon.

Yes on most brands DRL is on via switching to AUTO. 

Din know DRL is not standard on lower spec, thought only difference is cornering light for higher spec. 

Care to share any Alphard stockist? Thought of getting OEM box console and window blinds

Ha not yet sign the paper..but soon.

Yes on most brands DRL is on via switching to AUTO. 

Din know DRL is not standard on lower spec, thought only difference is cornering light for higher spec. 

Care to share any Alphard stockist? Thought of getting OEM box console and window blinds

For higher specs - the large armrest with console box is standard.  The middle row and third row window blinds (manual)  is also standard for SC or ZG or executive lounge.

If  not mistaken, its not easy (or too expensive) to retrofit the large armrest/console box on the X or S or SA model.

suggest if you can (think around 10-20K more), get the higher specs version SC/ZG and above.

Note: Borneo motors exterior is the non aero/non bodykit type unlike ZG or SC.

So happens my budget only allows the lower spec versions so been asking couple of Toyota stockists but most reply no chassis no code they dun import...most try to avoid import parts scare different color code etc...I'm thinking should be able to get the mentioned parts for under 2k...probably hav to venture to HK or Tom yam stockists

Supercharged

AD (BM) for absolute peace of mind - once sign paper, can just relax and wait for car to come. Servicing and repairs also no worries, although you have to pay the continuous BM tax every 6months.

Mine's from PI, ZG VF.

* I know when the car approaches an object or vehicle, a red alert sign will pop up and recently I notice the car will apply e-brake if I do not slow down. 

Question : Is that a pre-crash function? Can the distance be adjusted?

* Question : PI are AWD while BM is FWD?

Lastly, for the center high consol, I have seen it in g-market japan website. You can do a search on that.

↡ Advertisement