CPFOA for Gold investment : How ?

Bluepica

I have a CPFOA investment account with DBS for normal shares investment. But how do I invest in gold using CPF? (that 10% from total investible)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Buy a gold ETF. When you set up your CPF investment account, you can ask the bank how it is done - they will surely try to sell you their own in-house products also.

• Praise 1

I have a CPFOA investment account with DBS for normal shares investment. But how do I invest in gold using CPF? (that 10% from total investible)

skali Putin pok liao, start dumping gold bullion in his vault how?

• Praise 1

Still thinking what will happen to gold price once USD interest rates starts to raise... :huh:

US actually suppressed gold price for 20 years until the 2003 Iraq war, when they printed more to finance the war, like the Vietnam war, forcing them to drop the gold standard in 1971

thanks for pointing out [thumbsup]

Mod, you are as present as ever since the first day i knew you in forum, and that was in 2002 ! :)

my other account is under warning mode and postings have to be vetted, so i buay kum guan and so use this one instead. but we got along fine.

Edited by Ingenius

Mod, you are as prompt as ever since the first day i knew you in forum, and that was in 2002 ! :)

my other account is under warning mode and postings have to be vetted, so i buay kum guan and so use this one instead. but we got along fine.

and you change so many nick until i also blur [laugh][laugh]

and you change so many nick until i also blur [laugh][laugh]

no no, i only had one nick, but i have toned down a lot and learn to be more amicable. any chance i can redeem my old account for good behavior ? vex...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I also feel like playing gold with CPF.

any one can explain what are the general gold products we can play using CPF?

• Praise 1

US actually suppressed gold price for 20 years until the 2003 Iraq war, when they printed more to finance the war, like the Vietnam war, forcing them to drop the gold standard in 1971

Thanks, I guess when they stop printing dollar and USD appreciate, gold price will drop?

I also feel like playing gold with CPF.

any one can explain what are the general gold products we can play using CPF?

Extracted from http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/55FC3AED-97EF-47A3-AEE3-89DA8E5C49C5/0/INV_AnnexA.pdf

10. Gold (CPFIS-OA only)

(a) Gold ETFs**

Must meet guidelines set by CPF Board and be listed on the Singapore Exchange

Securities Trading (SGX-ST).

(b) Other Gold products

Only UOB offers these gold products. If you wish to invest in gold, you need an

investment account with UOB.

Thanks, I guess when they stop printing dollar and USD appreciate, gold price will drop?

it depends China will support Russia, or let Russia sell gold, and grab it

no no, i only had one nick, but i have toned down a lot and learn to be more amicable. any chance i can redeem my old account for good behavior ? vex...

i remembered vextan.....was that you? So many forummers changing nick nowadays......why ar?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1