Inconsiderate people in food courts

Aukang

I wish to qualify.

Even animals do display acts of compassion.

Thank you. Yes you are correct. I meant it to be a general statement that humana are born with the capacity to be compassionate (except psychopath n such), whereas animals' compassion is instinctive (either born with it or not, but can't be cultivated).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

We can't change the laws of physics. But we can change how we feel with our heart.

Totally agree, the guy didn't do it on purpose, it's an accident. Damage can't be undone. But can he be more empathetic? I think so. When the pain is not on our own flesh, who cares right?

I don't agree people callously saying that the kid "deserve it". Kids never deserve their retribution just because they don't know any better and caused an accident. But that's just me.

Bad parenting? Definitely. I always blame myself for not being more alert if my kid gets into any accidents. I'm a control freak with my kid whenever we're in potentially hazardous area like carpark, escalators.. Etc.

Nowadays when parenting is typically outsourced to maids, situation is going to get worse both from a safety and upbringing perspectives.

I always said ... the children is the reflection of the parents. Hence, I agree with with Bad children = bad parenting.

If the kid has some illness and have behavior issues, I can understand but if the kids is simply spoiled and out of control. I would say, he/she deserved it. Many parents today are too overly protected about their kids and precisely the reason ... the emerging of the strawberry generation.

My belief ... we as parents can never be with our children forever and I would prefer to bring them up such as they can make good decisions/choices for themselves. I cannot be there forever. And remember, our kids are learning from the parents everyday, we are setting examples for them. A smoker parent is no position to advise his/her kids not to smoke.

Back to topics, I have told people off for hogging tables during lunch hours at the Food Court and I ever told off a kid with his grand father to remove his bag from the chair next to him. Put it that way, it is non peak and there are plenty of seats/tables around, I will not bother.

• Praise 2

Seen a family of 4 hog a row of tables that can seat 8 persons before.

Gracious society....wait long long hor.

haha you can found all the most outstanding people who behave like dogs at the foodcourt.

• Praise 1

I always said ... the children is the reflection of the parents. Hence, I agree with with Bad children = bad parenting.

If the kid has some illness and have behavior issues, I can understand but if the kids is simply spoiled and out of control. I would say, he/she deserved it. Many parents today are too overly protected about their kids and precisely the reason ... the emerging of the strawberry generation.

My belief ... we as parents can never be with our children forever and I would prefer to bring them up such as they can make good decisions/choices for themselves. I cannot be there forever. And remember, our kids are learning from the parents everyday, we are setting examples for them. A smoker parent is no position to advise his/her kids not to smoke.

Back to topics, I have told people off for hogging tables during lunch hours at the Food Court and I ever told off a kid with his grand father to remove his bag from the chair next to him. Put it that way, it is non peak and there are plenty of seats/tables around, I will not bother.

in sg there are bad food court culture, all want to sit together eating,

• Praise 1

Praise you because you were man enough to take action.

Lots of people would have discreetly taken a photo to put on facebook/stomp and whine about it. You did something about it.

You should shout, "PRC, ZHOU KAI!".

"Da lu zai, zhou kai!!!" Haha

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

"Da lu zai, zhou kai!!!" Haha

Becos of the Thailand White Temple, now China people became famous liao.

They are building a special Toilet just for CHINA people.

Hope the cleaners don't maintain the toilet and let them have a taste of their own medicine.

My recent trip to Japan, so many China people in Ginza shopping and dining area.

See the way they talk, at the top of their voice. Really buay tahan. Like their grandfather house.

I told my family members to SPEAK only English. No Chinese language.

• Praise 4

sometimes no choice one lah . . you are enjoying your food when that stranger sitting with you does not know what is basic hygiene. for example my colleague, everytime he finishes his meal he will have this habit of blowing his nose into a tissue but without turning away, or another one who has this BIG sneeze all the time, also never bother to turn away . . AH CHOOO! right into your face when you are eating.

• Praise 2

Hope the cleaners don't maintain the toilet and let them have a taste of their own medicine.

My recent trip to Japan, so many China people in Ginza shopping and dining area.

See the way they talk, at the top of their voice. Really buay tahan. Like their grandfather house.

My Japanese tour guide asked me to speak in Chinese and slank abit after tasting foods then after that u wont feel bad for not buying haha

sometimes no choice one lah . . you are enjoying your food when that stranger sitting with you does not know what is basic hygiene. for example my colleague, everytime he finishes his meal he will have this habit of blowing his nose into a tissue but without turning away, or another one who has this BIG sneeze all the time, also never bother to turn away . . AH CHOOO! right into your face when you are eating.

Simple just throw ur laksa bowl to their face haha

Say that its a habit

• Praise 2

Hmm..how about you cough and then puuuii into his food. Piangz! Your colleague is an ar5e.

[shakehead]

• Praise 1

The Japanese are one of the most polite people around and for the first time, my Japanese customers are complaining to me about the China people.

The China people are bringing a very bad name to themselves all over the world but I guess many countries still wants their tourist dollars.

I am just glad that I do not look too Chinese and look like the China people.

Supersonic

Then why do you keep eating with him?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

You are very patient. I would say "hey, pls cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze"

Twincharged

Only problem is that many foreigners assume that as long as we are chinese, we are from PRC. lol. Even if we speak in English they still ask if we are from China.

Thank goodness for tourists from China

they are helping us lose the ugly tag.

:D

lol...ya man..we are bloody saints cf them

• Praise 1

Thank goodness for tourists from China

they are helping us lose the ugly tag.

:D

sadly it doesn't help us lose the kiasi-kiasu tag. [laugh]

• Praise 1

sadly it doesn't help us lose the kiasi-kiasu tag. [laugh]

u cannot win them all lah...lol