Recommendations Needed! Battery for Toyota Altis

F1enthusiast

Hi

Need to change car battery for Altis.

Appreciate recommendations on the battery (include AH rating), cost and shop for the replacement.

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

It's strange that you did not get an answer after several days.

For a quick answer specifically for Altis (2006 model), it should be a 35AH or 38AH battery.

Just call the battery supplier and they can advise you.

For that it should be $80 to $100.

I last use Kim Hoe which charges another $25 to bring the battery to your assistance.

http://kimhoeco.com/

If you want a bigger battery. the battery tray will not fit so some alternation is needed or have the tray removed.

However, I think you should just stick with the original size if there is no reason to use a bigger one.

The last time I changed to a bigger battery thinking it would last longer, it turn out worst. So bigger battery does not mean longer life.

Thanks lots for the advice! [:)]

It's strange that you did not get an answer after several days.

For a quick answer specifically for Altis (2006 model), it should be a 35AH or 38AH battery.

Just call the battery supplier and they can advise you.

For that it should be $80 to $100.

I last use Kim Hoe which charges another $25 to bring the battery to your assistance.

http://kimhoeco.com/

If you want a bigger battery. the battery tray will not fit so some alternation is needed or have the tray removed.

However, I think you should just stick with the original size if there is no reason to use a bigger one.

The last time I changed to a bigger battery thinking it would last longer, it turn out worst. So bigger battery does not mean longer life.

Hi

Need to change car battery for Altis.

Appreciate recommendations on the battery (include AH rating), cost and shop for the replacement.

Thanks.

The battery used for the Altis is indeed the 35AH battery.

You can consider Amaron - they have a good reputation.

For shops - you can head to any of the petrol stations - they usually have a service centre attached. This way is convenient but not always cheap.

For cheaper (and just as good ones) - you can consider FastFix at www.fastfix.com.sg or 24hrs hotline: 81145500.

They offer onsite service (usually for emergency rescue) or scheduled service where you go to them.

If you go to them, you pay only for the cost of the battery and installation. Usually its for only 15-20mins.

If I am right, the cost of the 35AH battery (with installation) should be no more than $110.

Choose Amaron if you can - they are the market leader and has excellent lasting power.

Edited by FastFixer

The battery used for the Altis is indeed the 35AH battery.

You can consider Amaron - they have a good reputation.

For shops - you can head to any of the petrol stations - they usually have a service centre attached. This way is convenient but not always cheap.

For cheaper (and just as good ones) - you can consider FastFix at www.fastfix.com.sg or 24hrs hotline: 81145500.

They offer onsite service (usually for emergency rescue) or scheduled service where you go to them.

If you go to them, you pay only for the cost of the battery and installation. Usually its for only 15-20mins.

If I am right, the cost of the 35AH battery (with installation) should be no more than $110.

Choose Amaron if you can - they are the market leader and has excellent lasting power.

You only carry Amaron battery? Excellent lasting power?

You only carry Amaron battery? Excellent lasting power?

Yes, we only carry Amaron for a simple reason: it is actually the most reliable and long lasting battery we know (and at an excellent price).

How do we know - here are the reasons:

1. Personal experience. All my other batteries die within 18-mths period. But my first (ie. previous one) lasted almost 29-months and was still good when I changed it. I prefer to do it scheduled/proactive - so that I do not have to suffer the agony and anxiety of being unable to start my car. (Happened twice - I swear never to let it happen again!)

2. Market leadership. If you open up the hood of almost all taxis in Singapore, you will most likely find an Amaron battery. Why? taxis are used to "make money" -- and they use the most reliable batteries available. You will also get Amaron batteries if you call the XX-Service. *smiles*

3. Price. These batteries are very competitive in pricing. And if you come to FastFix (hotline: 81145500), we promise you the best pricing. How do we do it? We focus only on car batteries, we do not keep a full-service workshop and we don't do fancy marketing. We depend on happy customers to recommend us. So we make very sure we do a really good job. You can also visit our Facebook at www.facebook.com/FastFixRescue.

4. Do Your Homework: Ask Around. Ask your friends who knows a little about cars, batteries etc... and they'll likely recommend Amaron to you.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Cheers.

Edited by FastFixer

Please change battery before it dies. No point saving extra bucks and get the inconvenience being unable to start and have to call road assistance. Furthermore there is extra charge with limited choice of battery brands.

Either Amaron or Bosch will not got wrong, of course they are still other reliable brand. Most important is get a maintenance free battery. AH rating just refer to the current one that you currently used, you can also upgrade provided there is enough space. Hope it helps.

Please change battery before it dies. No point saving extra bucks and get the inconvenience being unable to start and have to call road assistance. Furthermore there is extra charge with limited choice of battery brands.

Either Amaron or Bosch will not got wrong, of course they are still other reliable brand. Most important is get a maintenance free battery. AH rating just refer to the current one that you currently used, you can also upgrade provided there is enough space. Hope it helps.

Absolutely ...spoken like the professional (or is it thru' personal experience *smiles*)

What they say about "Time is Money" is true - especially when you're rushing to go somewhere (...and of course you are: why else would u start the car?).

And actually you will not save any extra buck by waiting for the battery to die. You will in fact be saving extra bucks by doing a proactive or scheduled replacement. Bro Azzurroo, you say it so well. :)

I agree also on Amaron or Bosch - there are other brands out there also - do your research.

As for maintenance-free battery, I agree too. Life is too short to buy/keep distilled water to top up the car battery. :)

As for AH, it is actually the "capacity" of the battery - the AH stands for "Ampere Hour" and is a rating for how many hours the battery will run when discharging at 1A.

The key measurement here is CCA (cold cranking ampere) - this is a measurement of how much current the battery can supply for a continuous 30sec period at 1.2v. There is a minimum value needed for every car to be able to start. a battery with higher AH typically has a higher CCA.

Bro Azzurroo, you surely know alot about batteries - kudos to you.

As for us at FastFix, we are learning new things every day too so it is great to see someone like you share knowledge that you have.

And when its time for you to proactively change your car battery, please try to remeber to call FastFix at 8114-5500. You are also welcome to visit our website at www.fastfix.com.sg or www.facebook.com/FastFixRescue

Cheers