Military talk thread

Macrosszero

Turbocharged
The one pictured is still the 2A4 which is similar to SAF but with a different add on kit.

You can see from the turret it as addition automated turret for it's machine gun and it's equipped with APS Active protection system at both fronts of the turret. It detect incoming projectile and fires a countermeasure projectile to intercept it. Sort of like relative armor but activated at longer range from the tank.

Heard the Indonesian army is evaluating this kit sometime back...

Edited by Pocus

(edited)

The "lao peng" among us may remember that there was a blind explosion in Pasir Laba Live Firing Area back in 1997, and how it happened.

I sure remember! The LTA Bryan Loke, pick up the blind act smart go hit it!!! Blind explode , he lost his arm, 6 SGT down and 1 PTE die!

I was in Pasir Laba camp then

Edited by D3badge

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/26/nato-calls-for-calm-after-boats-seized-in-russia-ukraine-clashes-kerch-strait

Nato calls for calm after boats seized in Russia-Ukraine clashes

Nato has joined a chorus of western calls for Russia and Ukraine to show restraint as the UN security council prepares to meet amid a dangerous new crisis between the countries and fears of a wider military escalation.

Russia reopened the Kerch strait separating Crimea from the Russian mainland early on Monday morning after its FSB security service said border patrol boats had fired on and seized three Ukrainian naval ships a day earlier, wounding several crew members.

Kiev said the two small Ukrainian armoured artillery vessels and a tug boat, heading to Ukrainian ports in the Sea of Azov, were observing international maritime rules. Moscow said it had not been notified in advance of the flotilla’s passage and the boats ignored warnings to stop.

Edited by Beregond

Gallup surveyed all the major powers with the question, “If there were a war involving [your country], would you be willing to fight for [your country]?” The responses speak volumes:

Country Willing to Fight/Refuse to Fight:

Germany 18 percent 62 percent

UK 27 percent 51 percent

France 29 percent 44 percent

US 44 percent 31 percent

Russia 59 percent 20 percent

China 71 percent 23 percent

Gallup surveyed all the major powers with the question, “If there were a war involving [your country], would you be willing to fight for [your country]?” The responses speak volumes:

Country Willing to Fight/Refuse to Fight:

Germany 18 percent 62 percent

UK 27 percent 51 percent

France 29 percent 44 percent

US 44 percent 31 percent

Russia 59 percent 20 percent

China 71 percent 23 percent

should survey us too.

No need, cos u sure siam one side

[grin]

Of course sure siam. Why throw my life away for someone else's war?

But the survey is not just for me - wanna see how the general population will answer. This will also give me an indication of how long I have to run away by counting the number of cannon fodder in between me and the enemy.

• Praise 2

But the survey is not just for me - wanna see how the general population will answer. This will also give me an indication of how long I have to run away by counting the number of cannon fodder in between me and the enemy.

When war got de siam one meh? Lol
  • Praise 1

Why can't siam war? Many ways to do so.

Got money got foresight can leave even before the conflict starts for real

Got money (sgd will be worthless) or gold can pay passage on the last boat out

Then those left behind also can siam easily by learning bahasa. I'm sure we all know 1 or 2 very successful translators

Seeing how things is goin on in our lovely city.....i can only cough quietly.....cough* cough*....

I mr nong nong time ago.
↡ Advertisement