GP fees become so expensive?

Cook123

http://yoursdp.org/publ/your_letter/exorbitant_fees_for_visiting_a_gp_at_new_hdb_estates/17-1-0-1471

Do people staying in new estates pay much more for seeing doctors for simple cough cold vomiting diarrhoea?

Paying $71 dollars for a food poisoning episode seems high.

In that case, better to travel a bit to older estates to see illnesses, unless really so sick then bo pian.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Rental rental rental....

Food if you have noticed are pricier in the west than east and central old estates.

http://yoursdp.org/publ/your_letter/exorbitant_fees_for_visiting_a_gp_at_new_hdb_estates/17-1-0-1471

Do people staying in new estates pay much more for seeing doctors for simple cough cold vomiting diarrhoea?

In that case, better to travel a bit to older estates to see illnesses, unless really so sick then bo pian.

• Praise 2

I'm already doing that.. my experience were paying more than $60 for a common cold near my home at punggol and for the same visit to a sengkang gp cost around $30 only and yup, both with Similar med.. actually, the sk one even better.. Now my whole family only go to that sk gp although there is a gp just 5mins walk away from where I stay...

• Praise 3

Nowadays,HDB doctors all eaten up by big chain clinic.

LLST and furthermore, chenghu give discount to patients also no use.

A lot of clinics jacked up prices knowing that u are being subsides

• Praise 1

what's wrong to collect more

if you are brunei royal ... the charges is standard rate x 5 times ... lol

seriously, in spore it is all about money ... year on year the profit must go up

most of the hdb heartland clinic is run by group .. if the outlet is not making money (more and more) someone got to answer

dont even get me started with dental ... that is another super high cost

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

Nowadays,HDB doctors all eaten up by big chain clinic.

LLST and furthermore, chenghu give discount to patients also no use.

Saw similar practices for childcare subsidies several years ago.

Gov wanna encourage mums to go back workforce, give more sub to working mums.

But knn, all the centres start increasing their fees and in the end, still pay the same instead of having some savings for education.

• Praise 2

Maybe we shall name these clinics with reasonable charges.

My last visit to doctors is abt 3yrs ago at Sengkang.

Usually self medicate.

... both with Similar med ...

If both were to issue exactly the same meds, then maybe there's a case to raise to the authorities?

Understand consultation fees are regulated. How about the meds prices?

But come to think about it, there's a recent case of few docs making (or selling) hundreds of thousand by selling cough meds...

Edited by Kingkong

I thought that is an SMC recommended price for GP consultation which I believe is $30 to $35 thereabouts so that $70+ price is ridiculous to say the least. No sure if can bring up to SMC for over charging??

• Praise 8

$71 consider high? PD can be many times worse. Especially those famous one that make you wait long long, and pay more more.

But GP and PD is different, PD are like childcare, the more expensive you are, the better you are perceived to be. And the waiting list is equally long. Parents have no qualm about taking their children there.

• Praise 2

there is an saying

"when young dont take of your health, when old you take care of your doctor (medical consultant fee with regular visit)

• Praise 2

It also depends on which clinic you go to.

Some may be forced to charge high, if it's part of a group.

There's extra layer of directors to feed.

In Yishun neighbourhood where I visit, Healthway group charge me $80 for a ear infection.

Walk 200m away, there's a family clinic which charge me $40 for the same treatment later on.

• Praise 1

If company can full claim your medical bill then still ok. If fork out own pocket then go polyclinic is cheaper. And damn my company can only claim $20 of the bill

• Praise 2

Saw similar practices for childcare subsidies several years ago.

Gov wanna encourage mums to go back workforce, give more sub to working mums.

But knn, all the centres start increasing their fees and in the end, still pay the same instead of having some savings for education.

Anything that is subsidised, price will rise shortly after.

But at least the government can say they are doing something about it... Which can make a large number of people feel good about it...

• Praise 1

Anything that is subsidised, price will rise shortly after.

But at least the government can say they are doing something about it... Which can make a large number of people feel good about it...

Nonsense, prices of flour in Malaysia is still lower than in Singapore because they are subsidized. Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 1