Recommendation for Spectacles

Atrecord

you also queensway fanboy arrh? there prices should be competitive? why your family all jump ship leh? Ownday should be more ex right?

yup still go back to the same shop in Queensway after 30+ years, they even loan me a few armani frame for my wedding photo taking  [laugh]  [laugh]

family jump to ownday cos they are everywhere, cheaper (transparent pricing), frame more appeal to the young, and free replacement of nose pads  [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

yup still go back to the same shop in Queensway after 30+ years, they even loan me a few armani frame for my wedding photo taking  [laugh]  [laugh]

family jump to ownday cos they are everywhere, cheaper (transparent pricing), frame more appeal to the young, and free replacement of nose pads  [thumbsup]

huh, really arrh? ownday is cheaper? if i want progressive and transition, then potentially is $500 leh [sweatdrop]

plastic somemore...

i was still hoping where @kdash got his at Queensway, it's significantly cheaper... don't dash my hope leh...

huh, really arrh? ownday is cheaper? if i want progressive and transition, then potentially is $500 leh [sweatdrop]

plastic somemore...

i was still hoping where @kdash got his at Queensway, it's significantly cheaper... don't dash my hope leh...

oh I make mine progressive lens with Nike titanium frame at Queensway for around $480.

plastic somemore...

sorry for late response. the shop i went to was called Glimpse Optical. do note that i do not benefit in any way from this haha... cheers

oh I make mine progressive lens with Nike titanium frame at Queensway for around $480.

I went to a shop at SingPost to ask on Sat, when there for lunch.

if get those with magnetic clip on polarised cover, the frame is about $120, then if use an average grade zeiss lens with progressive and blue light filter, will be $420 [sweatdrop]

owndays dun have blue light filter, and the progressive if want bigger field of vision, will $400. If can make do with smaller, then $300...

Ouch...

I went to a shop at SingPost to ask on Sat, when there for lunch.

if get those with magnetic clip on polarised cover, the frame is about $120, then if use an average grade zeiss lens with progressive and blue light filter, will be $420 [sweatdrop]

owndays dun have blue light filter, and the progressive if want bigger field of vision, will $400. If can make do with smaller, then $300...

Ouch...

no choice as progressive lens is expensive, unless you go lasik to correct the short sighted  [sweatdrop]

sorry for late response. the shop i went to was called Glimpse Optical. do note that i do not benefit in any way from this haha... cheers

Thanks... how much did you pay for your specs huh, would you remember? I assume you still no need progressive right? Got any features like transition, blue light filter, etc.?

no choice as progressive lens is expensive, unless you go lasik to correct the short sighted  [sweatdrop]

aiyoh, bu yao lah...

si bey scared to do such things...

dunno who said before, like never see any eye doctors do lasik one, so must take the cue from there... [laugh]

• Praise 1

Computer glasses that claim to protect your eyes from screens are selling like crazy, but they probably aren’t doing you much good

https://www.businessinsider.sg/blue-blocking-glasses-science-screens-not-destroying-vision-2017-2/?r=US&IR=T

BOOTS OPTICIANS FINED £40,000 OVER MISLEADING BLUE LIGHT ADVERTISING

The General Optical Council has sanctioned the multiple for unsubstantiated claims about blue light filtering lenses

https://www.aop.org.uk/ot/industry/high-street/2017/05/26/boots-opticians-fined-40000-over-misleading-blue-light-advertising

wah tks... so looks like blue light filter can strike out...

TMD, so many misleading claims....

• Praise 1

I have the ownday Snapped. Much better quality than the previous china magnetic clip on. That china frame just one day broke without any rough handling. I guess it broke becoz of the stress of clamping the lens.

But then I seldom wear my ownday snap, mainly due to the inconvenience of carrying the clip-on which doesn't fit well into any pockets. So I am back to wearing my NSF matt black photo chromatic glasses 99.9999% of the time.

• Praise 1

wah tks... so looks like blue light filter can strike out...

TMD, so many misleading claims....

There's really no need for a blue light filter in the daytime.

I look at a computer screen whole day as well.

I think blue light does interfere with my sleep at night. But just use a bluelight filter app on your hp (most updated android or ? ios should have such functionality).

I have the ownday Snapped. Much better quality than the previous china magnetic clip on. That china frame just one day broke without any rough handling. I guess it broke becoz of the stress of clamping the lens.

But then I seldom wear my ownday snap, mainly due to the inconvenience of carrying the clip-on which doesn't fit well into any pockets. So I am back to wearing my NSF matt black photo chromatic glasses 99.9999% of the time.

I figured if i buy these magnetic slip on, that one will put in the car and use only when driving in bright daylight. Normal wear will likely not wear that too lah.

There's really no need for a blue light filter in the daytime.

I look at a computer screen whole day as well.

I think blue light does interfere with my sleep at night. But just use a bluelight filter app on your hp (most updated android or ? ios should have such functionality).

yah, my phone got blue-light filter already.

just thought if lens also can help then being KS, just add on lah. But since it's bluff one, then now don't bother with it...

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I found a problem with polarised sunglasses.

When I wear them while driving I find the polarising effect makes the HU screen in the car and the clock quite difficult to read.

It happens elsewhere as well.

I won't buy polarised lenses again.

I have flip-up ones. Go into tunnel, flip up. Come out, flip down. Real useful for long rides on bright days. Not the $10 taxi uncle type. 

Turbocharged

I have flip-up ones. Go into tunnel, flip up. Come out, flip down. Real useful for long rides on bright days. Not the $10 taxi uncle type.

I have the same, customized to my specs. I find it useful. But will have to change when I change specs.

I am wondering why you guys need to flip up when going through short tunnel?

Eye cannot adapt so fast?

I used to run with sunglasses at 5:30am for 3hrs Run.

I also have this, bought in petrol station ones....

wah lao... 5.30 am is still v dark, and you wore sunglasses? can see meh?

i will wear mine only in bright daylight - or when it's raining v heavily.

Sg got loads of street light. Where got dark

Just need to train your eye.

Turbocharged

Short tunnels no need. But I will flip for longer tunnels like mce. Can see clearer and reduce chance of accident as some dark colour cars might not have headlights on.
  • Praise 1

I also have this, bought in petrol station ones....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1