Nissan Qashqai vs Honda Vezel, which is better?

Leoeve

Everyone views the word "better" from different perspectives and these perspectives change over time. I have been driving a Honda for many years and selection was very much based on "better" power and more sporty feel. Now I am switching to Nissan QQ 1.2 not because Honda is inferior, but because my selection criteria is more weighted towards overall family comfort. I do not mind trading off some power for that.

Everyone has different perspectives and living in different phases of life. So that is why there are markets to tailor to people with different tastes. There is no right or wrong, black or white.

Damn i like the QQ more and more too..Own a vezel hybrid now which fits my personality, being fun to drive everytime i get in the car. very comfortable as well when you need it to be. I must test drive the QQ soon, it may well be my family's 2nd car after my wife's existing one needs to be scrapped

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Cost/Running Cost:

Vezel X model should be about on average 7k cheaper than QQ 1.2T

QQ road tax per year as compared to Vezel is lesser by about $234 per year.

QQ insurance likely cheaper since it is a 1.2L?

QQ petrol consumption likely better since 1.2L ?

Vezel 3 yrs warranty, QQ 5 years warranty but what does this 5 years warranty cover? Reverse sensor spoilt, will they cover?

my current Nissan ride reverse sensor spoilt within 1 year and they told me its not covered under warranty. Will they repair for free if one of those gadget in the QQ breaks down?

Parts and maintanence, QQ 1.2L parts where will it come from? UK? Will it share the same parts with its 2.0L variant? HRV coming to town, Vezel parts may be readily available?

Exterior:

Pointless to discuss, i see her sweet you see her cute, u get what i meant.

Interior:

Definitely QQ. Will be a surprise to me if anyone says Vezel wins in this aspect.

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

Backseats seems like Vezel more spacious also

PIs vs ADs:

Seriously whats the fear about PIs' car? I see tons of Estimas, Fit etc on the road. These owners cant be mad right to buy such cars?

No doubt there are some risks involved with buying a car from PI. However, i feel that the risk is not big enough to cause major concern especially if you have done all due diligence with your homework.

Honda vs Nissan Engine/CVT

I can't speak for Honda, i never driven one before. Im a 8yrs old Nissan car CVT owner. No problem with its engine or transmission whatsoever, just need to follow and do your regular maintenance as recommended.

I wont make a decision as both cars are equally appealing, i will talk to both the PIs and Tan Chong. Whoever gives a deal that is more irresistable will clinch my business.

2c ( Dont scold me, just my view nia)

• Praise 8

I'm like you, driving a Honda for almost 5 yrs now and like it cos of the "better" power and sporty feel.

As I'm getting older now and priorities change, I feel comfort, high seating arrangement for easier access becomes a higher priority. The Qq has become a good proposition as is the Vezel. Though I'm not too keen on going the PI route so may look at the HRV later but it's of lower specs and higher price compared to Vezel so........

Ditto. Also not inclined to go PI route but again different people have different take on this matter.

This year could be a boom year for the motor industry. There may be more models available this year and next year ;o)

Car hunting is exciting and fun which is an enjoyable process for me. LOL

Damn i like the QQ more and more too..Own a vezel hybrid now which fits my personality, being fun to drive everytime i get in the car. very comfortable as well when you need it to be. I must test drive the QQ soon, it may well be my family's 2nd car after my wife's existing one needs to be scrapped

Best of both worlds! How not to envy?! LOL

Cost/Running Cost:

Vezel 3 yrs warranty, QQ 5 years warranty but what does this 5 years warranty cover? Reverse sensor spoilt, will they cover?

my current Nissan ride reverse sensor spoilt within 1 year and they told me its not covered under warranty. Will they repair for free if one of those gadget in the QQ breaks down?

Parts and maintanence, QQ 1.2L parts where will it come from? UK? Will it share the same parts with its 2.0L variant? HRV coming to town, Vezel parts may be readily available?

Exterior:

Interior:

Definitely QQ. Will be a surprise to me if anyone says Vezel wins in this aspect.

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

PIs vs ADs:

Seriously whats the fear about PIs' car? I see tons of Estimas, Fit etc on the road. These owners cant be mad right to buy such cars?

No doubt there are some risks involved with buying a car from PI. However, i feel that the risk is not big enough to cause major concern especially if you have done all due diligence with your homework.

I can't speak for Honda, i never driven one before. Im a 8yrs old Nissan car CVT owner. No problem with its engine or transmission whatsoever, just need to follow and do your regular maintenance as recommended.

I wont make a decision as both cars are equally appealing, i will talk to both the PIs and Tan Chong. Whoever gives a deal that is more irresistable will clinch my business.

Nice!

• Praise 3

Ditto. Also not inclined to go PI route but again different people have different take on this matter.

This year could be a boom year for the motor industry. There may be more models available this year and next year ;o)

Car hunting is exciting and fun which is an enjoyable process for me. LOL

Best of both worlds! How not to envy?! LOL

Wish you can tell this to my wife cos she says I always go look at cars and end up not buying but I told her must do homework as it's big ticket item. She says it's not enjoyable and only call her if I have decided!!

• Praise 4

Depends on ur budget. Both are decent cars. Lucky here no full cash police to preach otherwise they will tell u both sucks and their horse brand is better (full cash payment) lol

• Praise 1

Cost/Running Cost:

Exterior:

Interior:

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

PIs vs ADs:

I like your comment!! if cars were as "expensive" now as they were in 2005/2006...

I will be proud owner of QQ n Vezel now

Cost/Running Cost:

Exterior:

Interior:

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

PIs vs ADs:

QQ insurance should be the same as Vezel despite being 1.2 as it is a Turbo.

5 yrs warranty should cover all non wear and tear items and my main concern would be the expensive and critical items. Personally I would not sweat over a $100 reverse sensor which anyway if you had pushed them hard, they should have changed if it was less than a year old. Most after market fixtures should be covered with at least one year's warranty. When I bought my Teana in 2008, I got a separate warranty card for the reverse sensor from the local installer. Biggest fear would be an item like the gearbox giving way say at the 4th year. Never say never. Can say goodbye to all the savings from buying a PI with a 3 yr warranty. Buying from PI with a questionable or shorter warranty will make sense only if the price difference is significant which in this case is not. Interested buyers should check out the price of a new CVT gearbox and that will definitely help you to decide if the additional 2 years warranty is worth it. Even the reconditioned CVT gearboxes cost nearly double compared to the non-CVT gearboxes.

95% of the parts of the UK made 1.2 QQ should be compatible with the 2 litre QQ.

From a value for money point of view, if I was in the market having to choose between these 2 models, my obvious choice would be the QQ 1.2. Vezel would have been an obvious choice if the 1.2 QQ was not introduced.

QQ insurance should be the same as Vezel despite being 1.2 as it is a Turbo.

5 yrs warranty should cover all non wear and tear items and my main concern would be the expensive and critical items. Personally I would not sweat over a $100 reverse sensor which anyway if you had pushed them hard, they should have changed if it was less than a year old. Most after market fixtures should be covered with at least one year's warranty. When I bought my Teana in 2008, I got a separate warranty card for the reverse sensor from the local installer. Biggest fear would be an item like the gearbox giving way say at the 4th year. Never say never. Can say goodbye to all the savings from buying a PI with a 3 yr warranty. Buying from PI with a questionable or shorter warranty will make sense only if the price difference is significant which in this case is not. Interested buyers should check out the price of a new CVT gearbox and that will definitely help you to decide if the additional 2 years warranty is worth it. Even the reconditioned CVT gearboxes cost nearly double compared to the non-CVT gearboxes.

95% of the parts of the UK made 1.2 QQ should be compatible with the 2 litre QQ.

From a value for money point of view, if I was in the market having to choose between these 2 models, my obvious choice would be the QQ 1.2. Vezel would have been an obvious choice if the 1.2 QQ was not introduced.

I dunno what do u meant by if you push them hard enough they should change it for me. At least It doesn't applies to me back than. I tried, not successful, Suah i moved on. I guess im not good with words!

Obviously having 5 yrs warranty is better than 1-4 yrs warranty. So if that is the determining factor (for fear of expensive items failure), there is no futher need for comparison between cars that have different warranty period. Luck plays an important part though (No Pun).

2c. (Dont scold me for my opinion)

Hey bro ... Seriously I also want to test drive the 1.2T. Tell me when and will join u if I could.

Wish you can tell this to my wife cos she says I always go look at cars and end up not buying but I told her must do homework as it's big ticket item. She says it's not enjoyable and only call her if I have decided!!

Same same bro. My wife follow me car hunting until sian. She says showroom should have manicure to keep her occupy so us guys can talk about cars!!! She also says girls buying bags are okay as we guys buy one car is equivalent to her many bags. Told her next time family goes out, we all seat on her bag!!! Lol lol.

• Praise 4

I dunno what do u meant by if you push them hard enough they should change it for me. At least It doesn't applies to me back than. I tried, not successful, Suah i moved on. I guess im not good with words!

Obviously having 5 yrs warranty is better than 1-4 yrs warranty. So if that is the determining factor (for fear of expensive items failure), there is no futher need for comparison between cars that have different warranty period. Luck plays an important part though (No Pun).

2c. (Dont scold me for my opinion)

for a piece of mind and if e finances make sense, u can continue e warranty by buying the warranty ourselves. extremely cheap.

for a piece of mind and if e finances make sense, u can continue e warranty by buying the warranty ourselves. extremely cheap.

Bro, don't quite get it. Care to elaborate further on this? As in one can buy extended warranty from PI? Or?

Bro, don't quite get it. Care to elaborate further on this? As in one can buy extended warranty from PI? Or?

hello..nowadays PI dun bear the financial risks of repairing the car. At most,for recalls they will inform workshops to address them. LTA will send to owners any recall notifications as well.

When we buy our cars from PI,they actually buy warranty of big workshops where we will go for servicing and forward any complaints. one example of warranty pricelist can be found on optima werkz website.(disclaimer;i have no intention of promoting OW,it's just that my Vezel is warrantied by them and their site happens to have a transarent price list avail for reference)

servicing prices for such workshops r competitive with avail choice of oil brands preferred. in some cases for car enthusiasts who prefer a certain brand of oil they want buy the workshop do not have,flexibility is allowed to negotiate a labour plus filter price,and client brings their own engine oil.

i have my fair share of experience with AD workshops as well..its just business,servicings r not cheap,cannot choose engine oil. most times they use shell helix ultra which is a middle to low grade oil. viscosity they use may not even match what ur vehicle requires. w40 is widely used..becos it costs least for them,and warrants a bigger profit margin.

there's both pros and cons when we compare the two but at the end of the day. if price difference between AD and PI cars are 10k and above. i wud go for the cheaper option. car repair costs r not as expensive as we think,if u noe the right stockist to order the parts and the right mechanic to do the job. 10k can change both an engine and cvt gearbox for a honda fit i think.

Edited by Rationalexuberance
  • Praise 5

Cost/Running Cost:

Exterior:

Interior:

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

PIs vs ADs:

Good comparisons, can't praise u as not enought points

• Praise 1

Cost/Running Cost:

Exterior:

Interior:

Space:

Vezel larger boot space

PIs vs ADs:

QQ should have larger boot space than Vezel. QQ is same segment as CRV.

Vezel has similar size as Juke.

• Praise 1

Vezel totally not same as Juke. Tried it during the motor show. Juke rear seats only suitable for young kids. But admit that Juke is cute. Not many people can accept Juke car design.

• Praise 1

Bro, my ex-car, a 2.4L Honda Accord JDM (CU2) is HUGE looking from the outside, but because of lack of focus on the interior space usage design, the rear seating space is as cramp as mercedes. Vezel being such a small car compared to the accord, it can take me sitting in the passenger seats comfortably with the front seats pushed all the way back. In fact i dun even need to push the seats all the way back for a comfortable driving position. I'm 1.81m.

Boot space i agree QQ has larger space, but cant agree that QQ is same segment as CRV. CRV is bigger segment liao.

↡ Advertisement