If you own shares in an insurance company

and you keep reading about people paying

the premiums and cannot get their money

in their claims you will be very happy.

More profit as a shareholder. [thumbsup]

:D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

With your extensive travel experience, which are the better ones to claim from?

But honestly i only buy travel insurance for medical evacuation. Even the flight cancellation i don't really bother.

Of course buying a travel insurance, hope nothing serious will happen. If something serious is to happen, touch wood, I believe no one wish to be stucked in a unfamiliar land indefinitely. Then it calls for evacuation. My opinion, Chartis is d recommended one for evacuation as their international SOS is well established. Usually, I bought Chartis and they offer very good discount, about 40%, at travel fair. Btw, I had few claim experiences with Chartis. So far no problem.

• Praise 1

My case also rejected.

June 2014 : Book tickets for December travel

July 2014 : Bought Travel Insurance

September 2014 : Went for surgery. Sudden pain on body. Didnt expected at all.

December 2014 (few days before the actual departure date) : Submit to Insurance company that I cant travel due to some medical complication.

Travel Insurance rejected my claim saying my surgery is more than 60 days before departure.

NNB, 1st time claiming. Didn't know about such clause. Claim Amount is less than S$500.

My case also rejected.

December 2014 (few days before the actual departure date) : Submit to Insurance company that I cant travel due to some medical complication.

Travel Insurance rejected my claim saying my surgery is more than 60 days before departure.

NNB, 1st time claiming. Didn't know about such clause. Claim Amount is less than S$500.

Cannot see doctor to get letter that you were unfit for travel?

One more thing hor.

Sometimes I think airline in cahoots with insurance company.

I ever kenna flight delay bec the plane cargo door can't close (as announced by the pilot).

When I ask JetStar for letter to claim travel delay, those arseholes sent me a letter catering "crewing requirement" as the reason for flight delay.

End up AIG reject. AIG say must mention plane has fault. I called JetStar and their stupid SG call centre kept stonewalling saying they cannot change the template.

Until I TL call their aussie call Ctr and gave them a piece of my mind and they agreed to cite the correct reason.

Simi crewing requirement? Plane landed with 2 pilots and 4 cabin crew mah. Take off also same number of crew leh.

Don't take cheapo flights next time lah 😂

My case also rejected.

My understanding is that most travel insurance is effective only 30 days before departure date.

• Praise 1

My understanding is that most travel insurance is effective only 30 days before departure date.

Want to make a correction. Paiseh. The insurance tat I usually bought is effective 60 days before flight date. So, it's good to buy an insurance early so in d event of unforeseen circumstances can claim from insurance co on d deposit make with travel agency.

this insurance company that I had bought is effective within 60days of departure date.

my surgery letter and mc is dated outside the 60days period. thats why they dont accept.

when i re-submit the doctor MC which was given to me 1month before the departure date, the insurance compant says dont count. CCB....insurance company damn sucks. Head or Tail, they are both winners.

Cannot see doctor to get letter that you were unfit for travel?

Cant...Insurance dont accept

Don't take cheapo flights next time lah 😂

Cannot lah. Every week fly leh. If take SQ, I pok.

I know Soya and TBF4 always take you go eat wind in First Class.

Edited by Sabian

warning...this is going to be a wordy post.

i have encountered problems claiming from AIG travel guard as well.

it was a family trip from TPE to SIN via Scoot. flight was delayed for 6.5 hours which by right should be covered by the travel insurance that we bought.

in the end, AIG claimed that the reason of delay (check-in system outage) was operational issue. it did not fall into their clause in contract - --------

Section 27- Travel Delay of your policy, it state that in the event that the common carrier you had arranged to travel in overseas or Singapore is delayed due to a Major Travel Event, Civil Unrest, Riot or Commotion, Strike, adverse weather conditions, actual or suspected mechanical breakdown/derangement or structural defect of the Common Carrier, or any land, water or air conveyance operating under a valid license in the country that You are in which is chartered or arranged as part of a tour (but always excluding taxis and/or private cars).

after much failed appeals, AIG replied with this ---

In case you would like to have your file reviewed, the financial services industry under guidance from the Monetary Authority of Singapore has established FIDReC (Financial Institutions Dispute Resolution Centre). FIDReC is an independent dispute resolution centre and their findings are binding on the industry but not binding on the consumer. In other words, even if FIDReC does not give the desired results, the consumer could still proceed by other means.

they totally gave me the merry-go-round as FIDReC has got tideous processes should i want to claim. fill up papers, send supporting documents to them via snail mails, wait for them to assess if there is a case, wait for them to contact AIG and arrange for a mediation session.

best part is, every single passenger who wants to claim is a separate entity. since i had 6 other family members that travelled together, we have to fill in 7 set of forms for the same flight, meet AIG individually. it was a complete waste of time as AIG can still refuse to compromise after the mediation.

eventually, we gave up on claiming. Scoot is no better, chase them months for the delayed confirmation letter, gave $50 discount vouchers each, as if we would fly Scoot again.

basically a bad experience for all of us.

• Praise 1

Bro you bought direct or through your agent??

If got your own insurance agent, buy through them..... at least got claim, can ask them to help cause they work there they know the system.....

Else deal direct with the company.... pui....

If you're airline company (U) , permitting travel insurance company (F) to sell travel insurance on your website, will the insurance company (F) be happy if the airline company (U) issues letters that are vague in explaining delay causes?

Edited by Sabian

I have an annual travel insurance plane (worldwide) from DirectAsia. Also have a corporate insurance plan for biz trips. So far, claims processes (when invoked) have been smooth w DirectAsia. For corporate insurance plans, dont really know and don't really care as it is an opaque process handled by Admin for me.

Seems DirectAsia is a good option for travel insurance from my own experience.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I’m a representative with ACE Insurance Limited (ACE). We have noticed the discussion on the forum and would like to help with your claim.

It is standard procedure for ACE to request for the following documentation for a trip curtailment:

1. Trip itinerary
  2. A confirmation letter from the airline stating that the flight cancellation was due to bad weather (or any other reasons e.g. airport closure due to workers’ strike)
  3. The airline’s follow up action for affected passengers e.g.
    • whether another flight is arranged (if yes, to provide the date and time of the new flight) or
    • a letter from the airline stating the amount of compensation/refund provided to affected passengers, even if none was offered.
  4. Receipts for additional accommodation and travel expenses

These documents are required to ensure that the claim will be fairly reviewed. In most cases, the airline will be able to provide the relevant documents in support of their passengers’ insurance claims.

We would like to follow up with you on the case. In order to protect your privacy and to retrieve your claim submission, please PM us with your full name, policy number, claim number and contact details. We look forward to helping you. Thank you.

I bought an annual travel insurance with ACE Insurance. During one of my trip. Beijing Airport was affected by Heavy Storm.

I was at 6pm waiting for my 8pm flt. Board the plane at 9pm and sat in the plane for 3 hrs.

At 12am we were told Airport is closed and all Flt cancelled. Please go and collect your luggage and a cancellation letter.

No other arrangement. Airport staff just tell you to get out of the airport. Bye Bye

I tried to make a claim for subway ticket and Hotel stay but was rejected.

It was just a small claim

ACE asked for all kind of proof and documentation.

How and Where to get a letter from the weather man?

How and Where to get a letter from the Chinese to state their reason for closing the airport.

Be careful if you guys planning to buy any travel insurance with ACE.

• Praise 1

Hi, I’m a representative with ACE Insurance Limited (ACE). We have noticed the discussion on the forum and would like to help with your claim.

It is standard procedure for ACE to request for the following documentation for a trip curtailment:

1. Trip itinerary
  2. A confirmation letter from the airline stating that the flight cancellation was due to bad weather (or any other reasons e.g. airport closure due to workers’ strike)
  3. The airline’s follow up action for affected passengers e.g.
    • whether another flight is arranged (if yes, to provide the date and time of the new flight) or
    • a letter from the airline stating the amount of compensation/refund provided to affected passengers, even if none was offered.
  4. Receipts for additional accommodation and travel expenses

These documents are required to ensure that the claim will be fairly reviewed. In most cases, the airline will be able to provide the relevant documents in support of their passengers’ insurance claims.

We would like to follow up with you on the case. In order to protect your privacy and to retrieve your claim submission, please PM us with your full name, policy number, claim number and contact details. We look forward to helping you. Thank you.

Since you're here, what kind of flight cancellation do you NOT cover?

Eg: flight delay due to crewing requirements? Do you cover that?

Since you're here, what kind of flight cancellation do you NOT cover?

Eg: flight delay due to crewing requirements? Do you cover that?

damage control mode la bro. Kana sent here to put out burning fire. He will reply to you AFTER consulting his mangerssssss.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2