Beware of ACE travel Insurance

Angchug

warning...this is going to be a wordy post.

i have encountered problems claiming from AIG travel guard as well.

it was a family trip from TPE to SIN via Scoot. flight was delayed for 6.5 hours which by right should be covered by the travel insurance that we bought.

in the end, AIG claimed that the reason of delay (check-in system outage) was operational issue. it did not fall into their clause in contract - --------

Section 27- Travel Delay of your policy, it state that in the event that the common carrier you had arranged to travel in overseas or Singapore is delayed due to a Major Travel Event, Civil Unrest, Riot or Commotion, Strike, adverse weather conditions, actual or suspected mechanical breakdown/derangement or structural defect of the Common Carrier, or any land, water or air conveyance operating under a valid license in the country that You are in which is chartered or arranged as part of a tour (but always excluding taxis and/or private cars).

those clauses... like that they cover what???

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

insurance companies will tell you softcopy not acceptable, because could be photoshopped, please give hard-copy original [rolleyes]

I think can. My agent helped me claim before.

those clauses... like that they cover what???

cover jack shit.

Hor ler tia song nia. Then buy liao cannot claim then ask you song Bo?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, ACE offers a variety of travel insurance products to consumers either directly or through our partners. As the coverage, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions for each of these products differ, it is difficult for us to give a generic reply in this instance.

Using our own proprietary product - ACE Travel Insurance – as an example, a travel delay claim will be valid if the flight has been delayed for at least 6 consecutive hours at any single location overseas, and if it is due to the following specified causes:

1. Strike or industrial action
  2. Adverse weather conditions
  3. Mechanical breakdown / derangement of the public conveyance
  4. Due to grounding of the public conveyance as a result of mechanical or structural defect.

The delay must also be verified in writing by the operator(s) of the flight or their handling agent(s) with specification on the number of hours delayed and the reason for the delay. Specifically, the flight delay due to crewing requirements does not fall into any of the above causes, and hence the policy does not pay for the flight delay in this circumstance.

We hope that this may help to clarify the situation. Please feel free to contact us at 6299 0988 or email us at [email protected] if you require further assistance. Thank you.

Since you're here, what kind of flight cancellation do you NOT cover?

Eg: flight delay due to crewing requirements? Do you cover that?

Hi, ACE offers a variety of travel insurance products to consumers either directly or through our partners. As the coverage, benefits, exclusions, terms and conditions for each of these products differ, it is difficult for us to give a generic reply in this instance.

Using our own proprietary product - ACE Travel Insurance – as an example, a travel delay claim will be valid if the flight has been delayed for at least 6 consecutive hours at any single location overseas, and if it is due to the following specified causes:

1. Strike or industrial action
  2. Adverse weather conditions
  3. Mechanical breakdown / derangement of the public conveyance
  4. Due to grounding of the public conveyance as a result of mechanical or structural defect.

The delay must also be verified in writing by the operator(s) of the flight or their handling agent(s) with specification on the number of hours delayed and the reason for the delay. Specifically, the flight delay due to crewing requirements does not fall into any of the above causes, and hence the policy does not pay for the flight delay in this circumstance.

We hope that this may help to clarify the situation. Please feel free to contact us at 6299 0988 or email us at [email protected] if you require further assistance. Thank you.

I'm sorry to say but that is quite lousy.

As a passenger, we buy insurance to cover our losses. Whether the flight is delayed because of weather or because the pilot is having a good time with his mistress and cannot be found, it is still out of the hands of the passenger!

Maybe you can have a look at your coverage and offer a more comprehensive product in the future.

• Praise 2

Problem is that is the industry standard.

And I have an issue with airline selling insurance on behalf of insurers because they get commission from selling it to passengers. Then later flight delay, the one getting the commision is also the one issuing delay letter with a non claimable reason.

If they issue too many letters that allow claims, will the insurer call the airline and ask them "don't sabo leh, I pay you commision one leh".

• Praise 1

Funny that all these insurance coy chut so many patterns. Same applies to to petrol catels.

Why not do the exact opposite? No commercials, no advertisements, no middlemen, no freebies, no big fancy showroom or office and just price their product much much lower than peers? The sales volume is more than enough to justify everything liao. Funny.

Imagine, SPC lower their per litre by 10 cents. No queue or jumpers meh?

Funny that all these insurance coy chut so many patterns. Same applies to to petrol catels.

Why not do the exact opposite? No commercials, no advertisements, no middlemen, no freebies, no big fancy showroom or office and just price their product much much lower than peers? The sales volume is more than enough to justify everything liao. Funny.

Imagine, SPC lower their per litre by 10 cents. No queue or jumpers meh?

If they really did lower their price by 10 cents, there will be a queue for a few hours and then the other petrol companies (assuming this is still a profitable and viable price) will match their price.

In the end, all of them will be making less money.

If they really did lower their price by 10 cents, there will be a queue for a few hours and then the other petrol companies (assuming this is still a profitable and viable price) will match their price.

In the end, all of them will be making less money.

You assume that a 10 cents cut will not be profitable to them? I dun think so.

If sell too low, it's like "raiding their rice bowls".

Just like any business, there will be premium and economical sellers.

You think Rolex is worth what is on their price tags? A lot goes to "intrinsic" value.

Edited by Kangadrool

If petrol company not untied and one of them caught selling too low, the big boy may not want to supply petrol to them.

I Dont know whether does it works that ways for petrol.

I'm using some of the example of goods in the market that control the prices.

Example. Fruit phone

• Praise 1

You assume that a 10 cents cut will not be profitable to them? I dun think so.

I didn't assume that. I said that if it is still profitable, all their other competitors will also drop to the same price. End result, all of them make less profit and less the same amount.

You suggested that dropping the price would create long queues for them the volume would more than make up for the cut in profits but that is only true if all their competitors sat on their asses and did nothing (which means it will never happen).

If petrol company not untied and one of them caught selling too low, the big boy may not want to supply petrol to them.

I Dont know whether does it works that ways for petrol.

I'm using some of the example of goods in the market that control the prices.

Example. Fruit phone

Petrol is a commodity and the buying cost should be very similar for all of them.

In fact, the petrol companies in Singapore ARE the big boys. SPC (Sinopec), ExxonMobil, Caltex (Chevron), BP, Shell). Can't get much bigger than these guys. This is unlike other countries like USA where the petrol stations are mostly independently operated.

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement