1 Kueh Lapis = 100 floors to climb

Boringchap

One Kueh Lapis has a whopping 157 calories! This equates to climbing 100 floors. Oh wow.

Anyway, this infographic produced by Khoo Teck Puat hospital is for sharing.

Wishing everybody a happy and healthy Chinese New Year!

post-67319-0-52568200-1424091354_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

What does it means.....good or bad?

The hospital folks are just trying to highlight the fact that CNY goodies are usually very high in calories.

This is factual. Nothing good, nothing bad.

The hospital folks are just trying to highlight the fact that CNY goodies are usually very high in calories.

This is factual. Nothing good, nothing bad.

so it means we need to climb the number of stairs stated just to lose the said amount......like that siao liao....i have been eating most of them since i can remember and i always takes the lift!
  • Praise 1

I think the floor figures are pretty much overstated.

For a while last year I used to walk up the 25 floors to my office. You can easily burn at least 100 calories during each walk.

157 calories. Probably about 35 floors "only"...! [:p]

• Praise 3

I look at the positive side. It means one cookie can give me so much more energy. So, eat more for more energy.

so it means we need to climb the number of stairs stated just to lose the said amount......like that siao liao....i have been eating most of them since i can remember and i always takes the lift!

• Praise 8

yala...steps issit??

One slice can have energy that needs climbing 100 floors to burn? Liike that no need nuclear powerplant liao, just burn all the freaking kuay!

• Praise 3

Is it walking up 100 floors; i.e. 100 flight of stairs? Or is it 100 steps?

100 floors is crazy!!!!

Not steps. Floors.

The fine print of the poster defines 1 floor as 16 steps, or 2 flights of stairs in a typical HDB block.

This is the blog post by KTPH.

http://blogs.ktph.com.sg/nutrition/eating-wisely-for-chinese-new-year-fun-stickers/

I think the floor figures are pretty much overstated.

For a while last year I used to walk up the 25 floors to my office. You can easily burn at least 100 calories during each walk.

157 calories. Probably about 35 floors "only"...! [:p]

I didn't invent this poster. It came from Khoo Teck Puat hospital - http://blogs.ktph.com.sg/nutrition/eating-wisely-for-chinese-new-year-fun-stickers/

I am not a doctor, neither am I in the healthcare line. But I would think that the nutritionists at KTPH have some basis to make these claims.

We all know that Kueh Lapis is very high in calories, just look at the recipe.

My wife also makes some home-made CNY goodies and I help her to make them. When you look at the butter and sugar that goes in, you'll get scared. The good thing with homemade stuff is that we can cut down on some of the sugars and butter.

One Kueh Lapis has a whopping 157 calories! This equates to climbing 100 floors. Oh wow.

take lift counted bo?

If they convert the stats to show amount of calorie burnt during different position of love making, it may help to boost the number of babies produce this year [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 11

If they convert the stats to show amount of calorie burnt during different position of love making, it may help to boost the number of babies produce this year [laugh][laugh] [laugh]

Difficult. Love making comes in different style, different duration and also different locations. No basis for consistent measurement.

But one floor, define as 16 steps, is consistent. However, even that, there is still some slight inconsistency because gender, age, weight, etc has different metabolic rate. Well, guess using "floors" is easy for people to imagine so they use that.

Average is 100 calories for men, 69 calories for women.

So for you male MCFers, two sessions will clear your 1 kueh lapis with calories to spare. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Difficult. Love making comes in different style, different duration and also different locations. No basis for consistent measurement.

But one floor, define as 16 steps, is consistent. However, even that, there is still some slight inconsistency because gender, age, weight, etc has different metabolic rate. Well, guess using "floors" is easy for people to imagine so they use that.

aiyah.....take love making maciam different station lor.....rowing, push-ups, basic weight lifting, cardio work-out.....last is endurance😂😂😂😂
  • Praise 1

Come on guys, Is CNY, once a year festive, let it go and enjoy yourself for that few days, it wouldn't kill you...LOL

Just work harder, or go on a fast to burn it off, I hope...Hahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5