I'm very impressed with SG drivers

nizmo89

My personal observation. Drivers in sg have a poorer reputation than we deserve. Everyday I drive on our roads, I see fellow drivers are generally kind and patient. Signal and give way and drive safely, etc. We just have a tendency to badmouth ourselves.

I get the same impression when i am driving along routes used by learner drivers [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

The root of aggressive behaviour usually lies in the feeling of contention for resources.

And this, in a nutshell, is the root cause of lots of our aggressive behaviour. From FT-bashing to bashing people up over Hello Kitty dolls to poor road etiquette to outright road rage.

Started seeing this sort of traffic pattern from last Thurs onwards..maybe it is because a lot of Malaysians and foreigners start to exit the country and going back to their 'home country'...

The cars you now see are all owned by Singaporeans..not by PRs, expats etc .. so maybe what TS saw was the real behaviour of indigenous Singaporean population? [laugh]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 3

How come roads to Geylang people still road hog despite good mood? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

They drive so slowly cos look left and look right

but never look directly in front of them.

I was almost knocked down once when crossing

the road. The driver was looking everywhere

except at the road in front of him.

:D

• Praise 2

Don't forget that the year of the Horse is just over and now it is ruled by the GOAT. That is why the galloping has stopped. Now the MEH eh eh eh eh will go slow!:D:D:D

Just now when I was on the ECP in the direction of changi airport, I was suprised by not onlyhow little cars there were but also of the standard of drivers shown by those cars. There were nobody who just stayed on the overtake lane, everybody did their overtake on Lane 1 and filter to lane 2 after. I would like to commend on those drivers, that's the way brothers n sisters!

Usually I see drivers hogging lane 1 or even staying on lane 1 even tho lane 2 is clear, that's why sometimes lane 2 is th better lane for overtake lane. But today those on ECP, seems to remember their Highway Code :D

This morning I also went to airport, there were hardly any car on the road, you can do 90km/h on 2nd lane with no car in front, why need to hog on lane 1.

Just now when I was on the ECP in the direction of changi airport, I was suprised by not onlyhow little cars there were but also of the standard of drivers shown by those cars. There were nobody who just stayed on the overtake lane, everybody did their overtake on Lane 1 and filter to lane 2 after. I would like to commend on those drivers, that's the way brothers n sisters!

Usually I see drivers hogging lane 1 or even staying on lane 1 even tho lane 2 is clear, that's why sometimes lane 2 is th better lane for overtake lane. But today those on ECP, seems to remember their Highway Code :D

I guess what you mentioned only happened once in a blue moon. Many Singaporeans knows the drivers here were typical rude and impatient. Many would not even bothered to signal and lane change abruptly. Singaporeans were not that kind of friendly drivers for the record.

I guess what you mentioned only happened once in a blue moon. Many Singaporeans knows the drivers here were typical rude and impatient. Many would not even bothered to signal and lane change abruptly. Singaporeans were not that kind of friendly drivers for the record.

How u know those are singaporean drivers.....u saw their ic har?

How u know those are singaporean drivers.....u saw their ic har?

Singaporean Kiasi,Kiasu, Simi also Kia, always no frontpage newspaper for the wrong reason. What else.

Singaporean Kiasi,Kiasu, Simi also Kia, always no frontpage newspaper for the wrong reason. What else.

you sure have seen a lot of singaporean ics to make a sweeping statement. I myself cant tell the difference in appeareance and characters between SG and MY......and many SPR from MY drives a Singapore cars everyday. Kudos to you for having that extra ability!
  • Praise 1

Sir.

Does it applies to replies and comments on this forum as well ?

I notice there are penty of MCFers that are quite authoritative in nature in their replies. Kind of rude and selfish in nature if you ask me.

The root of aggressive behaviour usually lies in the feeling of contention for resources.

When traffic is generally light and it is a non-working day where stress levels are lower, drivers tend to drive in a more civilised and less selfish manner.

The converse is true on a typical work-day, especially during peak hours where feelings run high and everyone feels the need to compete for "scarce" resources.

• Praise 1

U got to be kidding.

I kena lane cut more often than normal days over the CNY period.

Maybe there are penty of OPC and rental car drivers on the road......damn frustrating.

The Worst moment was at Jln Eunos turning left into Sims ave.....not 1 not 2 but 3 bloody cars wana squeeze in at the very last turning spot. CANT BLOODY Q-up like the rest !!!

I let the 1st car come in, 2nd car im oredi sibeh beh song but still let him in, then come the farking 3rd car......i proposely match his speed and make bloody sure he overshot the turning spot. We practically stop side by side giving each other the WTF look. My car rental one....wana bang cum lor!!! Behind cars honk like siao....then he pai-say go straight..... haha. [grin]

Edited by Hiphiphoray
  • Praise 1

So bad mood then hog the road? Haha

Haha yeah. Road hoggers are all evil.

They are just not happy to see someone

going pass them. They just want to hold

every one back.

:D

↡ Advertisement