3rd Generation Volkswagen Touran

Carbon82

Interesting. I've been looking forward to the release of this model since I'm due to get a new family car in June this year. 

Can anyone post additional info, e.g. trim levels available? I would have gone to the showroom myself but I'm overseas for the next two months. In particular, I'm wondering whether it'll come with the advanced assistance systems (i.e. lane assist, automatic distance control, front assist, side assist, park assist, etc). Also, does the infotainment system come with Apple Carplay and Android Auto built-in?

Lastly, 10 units for the entire 2016 sounds ridiculous. Can anyone confirm this as well?

↡ Advertisement

The sales brought me to their carpark upstairs to look at the new touran. It will come with panoroof, leather seats, info entertainment without GPS, Bluetooth. Didn't ask about the lane assist etc as I still want to get a test drive.

Overall quality and feel of the car is much better than the previous generation.

10 units because Germany can only deliver that much into Singapore due to high demand over there.

Very swee.. too bad no test drive..

Not sure R-line coming or not..

Yeah too bad no test drive. They do have a LTA test model without sunroof at their carpark upstairs but not sure if they will bring it down to the showroom or for test drive next time.

They won't be bringing in diesel version due to scandal

That's a pity then. Nevertheless, if you have another chance to check with the SE, could you help to check whether they have those assistance systems, as well as the following features?

1) Cam-connect: To view rear passengers via a GoPro camera

2) Voice amplification: To project driver's voice to rear passengers

3) Built-in booster seats: So children can have a raised sitting position without separate booster seat

However, if they can only bring in 10 units then I'm likely to consider the Ford Grand C-Max instead. At least it seems to have all the advanced assistance systems built-in for a lower price than what VW is asking for.

That's a pity then. Nevertheless, if you have another chance to check with the SE, could you help to check whether they have those assistance systems, as well as the following features?

1) Cam-connect: To view rear passengers via a GoPro camera

2) Voice amplification: To project driver's voice to rear passengers

3) Built-in booster seats: So children can have a raised sitting position without separate booster seat

However, if they can only bring in 10 units then I'm likely to consider the Ford Grand C-Max instead. At least it seems to have all the advanced assistance systems built-in for a lower price than what VW is asking for.

Just drop by at VW showroom to request for a viewing probably? They should be glad to bring you for a look because they already start taking orders. Another SE brought a couple up to have a look before me as well.

I didn't notice if the model they have currently has that built-in booster seats when testing the 2nd row.

I was looking at c-max before going over to VW showroom. Overall c-max feels smaller and tighter. Though a ford focus owner myself, not a big fan of it's fuel consumption.

Just drop by at VW showroom to request for a viewing probably? They should be glad to bring you for a look because they already start taking orders. Another SE brought a couple up to have a look before me as well.

I didn't notice if the model they have currently has that built-in booster seats when testing the 2nd row.

I was looking at c-max before going over to VW showroom. Overall c-max feels smaller and tighter. Though a ford focus owner myself, not a big fan of it's fuel consumption.

Unfortunately, I'm out of country till June. Perhaps you could pass me the contact number of the SE so I can ask him/her the questions directly?

built in booster child seat will definitely be a huge plus point, at least you can save up the space and hassle to have the additional external child seat...dont think the current outgoing model comes with it...shld be a new feature

built in booster child seat will definitely be a huge plus point, at least you can save up the space and hassle to have the additional external child seat...dont think the current outgoing model comes with it...shld be a new feature

I saw it in a Taiwanese review video. Not sure whether it's a standard or optional feature, and whether it's available for both leather and fabric seats.

• Praise 1

The sales brought me to their carpark upstairs to look at the new touran. It will come with panoroof, leather seats, info entertainment without GPS, Bluetooth. Didn't ask about the lane assist etc as I still want to get a test drive.

Overall quality and feel of the car is much better than the previous generation.

10 units because Germany can only deliver that much into Singapore due to high demand over there.

If it come with SR, the price is somewhere there, given that 2 GT is selling ~$10K more. But as pointed out by various forumer here, best to let early adopter try first. Sorry, but the 7 speed DSG is the no. 1 concerns with entry level VW model... ...

• Praise 5

Steering myself far away from the Vw. Good luck to would be owners! Vw lounge has got nice nespresso at Alexandra...

• Praise 2

After the scandal has they still have high demand?
  • Praise 1

After the scandal has they still have high demand?

Apparently there is as reviews for the car is pretty good overseas. I even saw on YouTube a excited guy posted a video shoot on the day he collected his new touran (he drives a 2nd generation touran)

Touran NF Comfortline (10 Units for July, left 2)

Touran NF Comfortline

Equipment Package

- LED headlights

- KESSY

- Driver Profile Select

- Front Assist w/ Pre-crash Safety

- Panoramic sunroof

- Reverse camera "Rear View"

- Front foglights

- Silver roof rails

- Radio "Composition Media" 

- Multi-function leather steering wheel

- Cruise Control

- Electric Folding Mirrors

- ESP

- 7 Airbags 

- Front seats with lumbar support

- Locally fitted 17-inch alloy wheels

Displacement - 1395

Horsepower (Kw) - 110

Torque (Nm) - 250

Gearbox - 7speed (DSG)

Acceleration (0-100) - 8.9s

Fuel Consumption (L/100km) - 5.4-5.5

CO2 (g/km) - 125-129

Next Batch in Sep / Oct.

• Praise 1

Touran NF Comfortline (10 Units for July, left 2)
Touran NF Comfortline
Equipment Package
- LED headlights
- KESSY
- Driver Profile Select
- Front Assist w/ Pre-crash Safety
- Panoramic sunroof
- Reverse camera "Rear View"
- Front foglights
- Silver roof rails
- Radio "Composition Media" 
- Multi-function leather steering wheel
- Cruise Control
- Electric Folding Mirrors
- ESP
- 7 Airbags 
- Front seats with lumbar support
- Locally fitted 17-inch alloy wheels

Displacement - 1395
Horsepower (Kw) - 110
Torque (Nm) - 250
Gearbox - 7speed (DSG)
Acceleration (0-100) - 8.9s
Fuel Consumption (L/100km) - 5.4-5.5
CO2 (g/km) - 125-129

Next Batch in Sep / Oct.

You working at VW?

All look ok except for the missing electric seat and Navi system. If VW is serious about competing in the premium segment (targeting at 2GT for example), these are the "basic" features. Feedback to the HQ.

BTW, when is the facelift Sharan coming?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4