Meet-up at Marine Cove: 15th July 2016

Maxus-MIFA9

At the junction, noisy & clam lar....

Those Ulu places is what drinkers looking for (no smoking restrictions [smash]). Deep inside, tables are placed far apart to each other, sea-breeze & cooling at night, Johore housing lightings shining brightly oppersite, ... etc .

Only problem is no live band playing on the spot .... [grin]

Another problem is if it rains, can get messy and everyone have to shift inside the small indoor space. On a cool evening, the place is very pleasant. [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Another problem is if it rains, can get messy and everyone have to shift inside the small indoor space.

Just squeeze in lah....wet one, dry one, everyone! More cozy! [:p]

• Praise 1

Another problem is if it rains, can get messy and everyone have to shift inside the small indoor space. On a cool evening, the place is very pleasant. [thumbsup]

They do have tents on wheels ... [flowerface]

When raining, just pull one over your table. Those tents like army one, 2 meters by 3 meters. [:)]

Only problem is your 'hot' wings might be slightly wet when brought to your tent ... [laugh][laugh]

you all don't CB lah...........haven't go only ask mozzi and rain...........just go lah...........other things happen then say........... [:p][laugh][laugh]

Tianmo, on 26 Feb 2015 - 11:17 AM, said:

I love sunny day................we sld meet..............lai lai lai..............mai paisay.............. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

hahaha...i love dark dark place....khatib bottletree (now orto) very dark...i like...wont peisei lol

• Praise 2

If possible, I will go recce the place and provide some FR.

Must have photo hor. NPNT.

Its been a while since I've been there too since they closed.

Photo recce with detailed maps of terrain plus local weather report? [sweatdrop]

One of the menu, which is Blossom Onion looks yummy! Good choice of place @picnic06!

Blossom Onion
09+blossom+onion+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
Since i don't drink, food would be my topmost priority! And for an onion lover, the blossom onion in Handlebar was the one food i had that remained so vividly impressed in the back of my memory.
10+blossom+onion+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
Look at it; the presentation itself was already a spectacular sight! Even Alex was speechless for a split moment when the waiter placed it in front of him!
11+blossom+onion+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
It was a godsend for me of course as i totally love deep fried stuff and this dish heavily featured the one ingredient i immensely enjoyed in almost any forms! Do take note that the blossom is best eaten when hot and crispy. Once it turns cold, the taste was quite unappetising.
Steak and Egg
12+steak+and+egg+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
Thinking back, i should have been more adventurous in my choice. Why a simple steak and egg when i could have a more sadistic unique dish known as "Silence of the Lamb"?
13+steak+and+egg+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
For some, the 250-gram steak would be considered as beautifully grilled with a marvelous looking shine! I like mine a bit more charred, if i could have my way.
14+steak+and+egg+Handlebar+-+The+Origina
The medium done-ness i requested was perfectly executed even though i do find the price tag of S$30 a tad too high for my scrooge-like personality. Sigh, i should have gotten that silence of the lamb!

At the request of Adrianli, I bravely ventured alone into the isolation of Sembawang in search of the fabled Handlebar. Wild animals and poisonous snakes aside, there were some Indians FTs doing road works on the way in. So yeah, watch out for them.

After a long and dangerous drive in my trusty ride through the suffocating humidity of the tropical rainforest. I came upon a little clearing where I finally saw the azure blue sky. And beyond the open field, just beyond the horizon, something caught my eye...

post-18199-0-11259900-1424945562.jpg

Explorers come and go. Scott Amundsen, Captain Cook and Columbus. But none of them even found this...post-18199-0-84217100-1424945745.jpg

The Handlebar. It rose up in all it's blue aluminum splendour out of nowhere....a place where time forgot. A corner of faded memories...post-18199-0-96741400-1424945855.jpg GPGT hor.

Everything was in vivid black and white...post-18199-0-78009100-1424945999.jpgpost-18199-0-19922100-1424946019.jpg

And so, I came, I saw and I took pictures. Hoping that this will help anyone who decides to venture to this remote part of the world...post-18199-0-45385200-1424946145.jpg

And no great exploration report is complete without post-18199-0-10858200-1424946199.jpg finger pointing at some objects in the distant in the spirit of MCF.

Just remember this, brothers: 一路靠北 (Keep going North) 快要到了,不要靠北(& turn just before you reach).

• Praise 13

At the request of Adrianli, I bravely ventured alone into the isolation of Sembawang in search of the fabled Handlebar. Wild animals and poisonous snakes aside, there were some Indians FTs doing road works on the way in. So yeah, watch out for them.

After a long and dangerous drive in my trusty ride through the suffocating humidity of the tropical rainforest. I came upon a little clearing where I finally saw the azure blue sky. And beyond the open field, just beyond the horizon, something caught my eye...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Explorers come and go. Scott Amundsen, Captain Cook and Columbus. But none of them even found this...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The Handlebar. It rose up in all it's blue aluminum splendour out of nowhere....a place where time forgot. A corner of faded memories...attachicon.gifimage.jpg GPGT hor.

Everything was in vivid black and white...attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

And so, I came, I saw and I took pictures. Hoping that this will help anyone who decides to venture to this remote part of the world...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And no great exploration report is complete without attachicon.gifimage.jpg finger pointing at some objects in the distant in the spirit of MCF.

Just remember this, brothers: 一路靠北 (Keep going North) 快要到了,不要靠北(& turn just before you reach).

wah......熊熊...你来真的.....steady lah.[thumbsup]....this one I bring mosquito repellent for everyone......[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

wah......熊熊...你来真的.....steady lah.[thumbsup]....this one I bring mosquito repellent for everyone......[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

FRs must be detailed and descriptive. A habit we learn from Sammyboy days.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Explorers come and go. Scott Amundsen, Captain Cook and Columbus. But none of them even found this...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The Handlebar. It rose up in all it's blue aluminum splendour out of nowhere....a place where time forgot. A corner of faded memories...attachicon.gifimage.jpg GPGT hor.

Everything was in vivid black and white...attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

And so, I came, I saw and I took pictures. Hoping that this will help anyone who decides to venture to this remote part of the world...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And no great exploration report is complete without attachicon.gifimage.jpg finger pointing at some objects in the distant in the spirit of MCF.

Their beer butt chicken dish is very nice. [thumbsup]

The food portion generally in this place is rather big as there are a lot of ang mohs staying nearby and they frequent this place quite often. [:p]

• Praise 1

Ha...ha...ha...... [sunny]

Its look like a lot of members here knew of the place and none had suggested any MCF gathering there which tuck in one of the north corner where life seem to stand still for a while.

No busy traffic, no HDB flats, no coffee shops or hawker centres style crowds and no ATB beer mei .... :wub:

post-21853-0-00857000-1424993619.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2