Problem with Travel Company

Ahbengdriver

wanna ask MCFer hiadees/hiabuays.

My brother had a tour booked through NATAS that was cancelled. The tour company agreed to refund the deposit. He signed a paper with the company which states it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get his refund via reverse credit card entry which the bank will advise and update in his credit card account. 8 weeks had passed, nothing.

Now brother is thinking of complaining to the relevant authorities. CASE as we know is toothless. Should be go to NATAS? anyone can advise or perhaps share similar experiences?

↡ Advertisement

My brother had a tour booked through NATAS that was cancelled. The tour company agreed to refund the deposit. He signed a paper with the company which states it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get his refund via reverse credit card entry which the bank will advise and update in his credit card account. 8 weeks had passed, nothing.

Now brother is thinking of complaining to the relevant authorities. CASE as we know is toothless. Should be go to NATAS? anyone can advise or perhaps share similar experiences?

is the tour agency a reputable one?

can try small claim tribunal first.

Natas can't even work with many of its member, dun think they can help.

• Praise 2

Is the tour company a member of NATAS in the first place?

• Praise 4

did your bro contact the TA lately? what was their reason? ask if u can go down and collect cheque?

• Praise 1

Its a NATAS company.

Refund cannot be by cheque becuase the deposit was placed with VISA.

When was the last time you contacted the company and what was their response?

And how much deposit are you talking about?

When was the last time you contacted the company and what was their response?

And how much deposit are you talking about?

just before CNY. They clain that it should beup to 6 "working weeks and because CNY is coming, expect "some delay".

He was like, why does it take so long to reverse a book entry? Even checked with Citibank Visa and they said they have since received nothing from this merchant. Citi actually said if received, they can credit back to my brother by next working day. So the delay has to be with the tour company.

Amount is around $4k.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

Got black and white from the tour operator regarding the tour cancellation?

Do a charge back with citi and provide the black and white on

The T&C regarding refund period.

The tour cancellation confirmation.

Let Citi handle the rest.

Edited by Sabian
  • Praise 2

Got black and white from the tour operator regarding the tour cancellation?

Do a charge back with citi and provide the black and white on

The T&C regarding refund period.

The tour cancellation confirmation.

Let Citi handle the rest.

So long ago still can do a charge back? 6 weeks past since the tour cancellation and dunno how many extra weeks since the actual booking date.

So long ago still can do a charge back? 6 weeks past since the tour cancellation and dunno how many extra weeks since the actual booking date.

I think yes. Chargebacks can be for payments 3-4 months ago.

• Praise 1

CS TRAVEL

was at Chinatown Point yesterday and saw they are having travel fare there, doesn't sound like a established name to me.