520i tune to 528i performance

Siewss

Turbocharged

Lol if a Harrier drank that much petrol I would have thought it was a hummer, how big was the engine anyway .

City driving I won't be surprised if the Fc is around 5 plus km/l for the M5 and that's without flooring it [rolleyes] , perhaps @turboflat4 can give us an idea?

The new M3 has a good sized engine though compared to the previous gen, 3 litres compared to 4

Maybe once every 3-4 days cos they have big fuel tank.

Do u know harrier first gen? My family owned before and the fc is 4.9km/l. So M5 is much much better in Fc given its power and performance

Agree even my F10 if every traffic light I go and floor, my fc would be around 6kml

Lol if a Harrier drank that much petrol I would have thought it was a hummer, how big was the engine anyway .

City driving I won't be surprised if the Fc is around 5 plus km/l for the M5 and that's without flooring it [rolleyes] , perhaps @turboflat4 can give us an idea?

The new M3 has a good sized engine though compared to the previous gen, 3 litres compared to 4

old technology mah, very thirsty one

(edited)

Well, my route to work (totally through non-expressway roads, limit 60 to 70) is pretty much the epitome of city driving. Today, in peak hour traffic, with my ASS off (that's Auto Start Stop. :D), I actually managed to achieve 6.3km/l before hitting tiny residential streets. By the time I negotiated the carpark and actually parked my car, it was back down to 5.9km/l. <_<

I've averaged about 5.5km/l since my last fill. All city driving. Bet you I could hit better economy on the expressways.

I turn my ASS off because it interferes with my Blackvue recorder. I could probably eke out a few more tenths with it on.

The car seems more economical at higher speeds. When I (very briefly) go to about 110+, the car sings so happily and instantaneous fuel economy goes over 6km/l. This car is not meant for Singapore roads, it feels so inhibited. [:(] And please don't talk about flooring it - I haven't even gone over a quarter throttle for more than a few seconds. Anything more and I risk my licence. [laugh]

Waiting to go up North to really stretch the car's legs. [drivingcar]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

(edited)

then ferrari/lambo owner can only use gear 1 and 2? lol .... cannot say like that la

i think supercar need to detune their car so that can hit above 2k rpm ... hehe

Not about fc but u see got M5 also cannot make full use of it lol

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged

Thanks for the writeup [thumbsup] You should do a car review hey I think alot of people will be interested to know whats it like having a M5 as a daily driver. As for ASS you can ask them to program it so it recalls its last setting, unless you go Eco Pro which sets it back default normal driving makes it so much more pleasant.

I had the good fortune of driving my friend's M5 back from Msia, have to say at 150 it feels like cruising at 90 on a regular car. Brutal power. But he also complaints about the Fc, he would rush to gas up at slightly below quarter tank.

Have a great drive up north [drivingcar] be patient with the slower drivers [laugh]

Well, my route to work (totally through non-expressway roads, limit 60 to 70) is pretty much the epitome of city driving. Today, in peak hour traffic, with my ASS off (that's Auto Start Stop. ), I actually managed to achieve 6.3km/l before hitting tiny residential streets. By the time I negotiated the carpark and actually parked my car, it was back down to 5.9km/l.

I've averaged about 5.5km/l since my last fill. All city driving. Bet you I could hit better economy on the expressways.

I turn my ASS off because it interferes with my Blackvue recorder. I could probably eke out a few more tenths with it on.

The car seems more economical at higher speeds. When I (very briefly) go to about 110+, the car sings so happily and instantaneous fuel economy goes over 6km/l. This car is not meant for Singapore roads, it feels so inhibited. [:(] And please don't talk about flooring it - I haven't even gone over a quarter throttle for more than a few seconds. Anything more and I risk my licence. [laugh]

Waiting to go up North to really stretch the car's legs.

Well, my route to work (totally through non-expressway roads, limit 60 to 70) is pretty much the epitome of city driving. Today, in peak hour traffic, with my ASS off (that's Auto Start Stop. :D), I actually managed to achieve 6.3km/l before hitting tiny residential streets. By the time I negotiated the carpark and actually parked my car, it was back down to 5.9km/l. <_<

Waiting to go up North to really stretch the car's legs. [drivingcar]

bro

just wonder ur blackvue is it stop recording during stop in traffic light with ASS?

I intend to install iRoad V7 on my car. is ur blackvue can use for parking mode?

Turbocharged

I did some googling, wah the first gen really suck petrol. Kia Xi Lang [crazy] Never had a SUV didn't know it was that bad :o

old technology mah, very thirsty one

Got a guy on BMW SG complain his M5 FC too high, drive his M3 around as a daily car. Lucky B*stard [lipsrsealed] Rich people problem :D

Not about fc but u see got M5 also cannot make full use of it lol

I did some googling, wah the first gen really suck petrol. Kia Xi Lang [crazy] Never had a SUV didn't know it was that bad :o

Got a guy on BMW SG complain his M5 FC too high, drive his M3 around as a daily car. Lucky B*stard [lipsrsealed] Rich people problem :D

yes but my prev RX450H has good fc of average 10-11km/l despite 3.5L engine.

that guy, got M3 and M5 still complaint haha

Turbocharged

Rich people problem -_- I got either one I happy like f&ck liao loh [laugh] I guess everyone just have to find something to complaint baha

We ordered our first SUV not too long ago, has a 2 litre engine which I felt was kinda under powered. Can't wait to see what kind of real life FC is has.

Okay I am digressing :excl:

yes but my prev RX450H has good fc of average 10-11km/l despite 3.5L engine.

that guy, got M3 and M5 still complaint haha

• Praise 1

Rich people problem -_- I got either one I happy like f&ck liao loh [laugh] I guess everyone just have to find something to complaint baha

We ordered our first SUV not too long ago, has a 2 litre engine which I felt was kinda under powered. Can't wait to see what kind of real life FC is has.

Okay I am digressing :excl:

suv 2.0L sure underpower if not turbocharged.

(edited)

Thanks for the writeup [thumbsup] You should do a car review hey I think alot of people will be interested to know whats it like having a M5 as a daily driver. As for ASS you can ask them to program it so it recalls its last setting, unless you go Eco Pro which sets it back default normal driving makes it so much more pleasant.

I had the good fortune of driving my friend's M5 back from Msia, have to say at 150 it feels like cruising at 90 on a regular car. Brutal power. But he also complaints about the Fc, he would rush to gas up at slightly below quarter tank.

Have a great drive up north [drivingcar] be patient with the slower drivers [laugh]

Not much of a write-up, but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Might get around to doing a review soon. Anyway, getting the chip in tomorrow, so that should be fun. :D

No Eco Pro in this car. My M135i had four modes - Eco Pro, Comfort (default), Sport and Sport+ without individual customisable settings. But the M5 has individual settings for the Engine/throttle, steering and suspension. The default is Efficient for the first, and Comfort for the latter two.

Of course, it has the magic M1 and M2 buttons which I've programmed for spirited road driving (M1) and track use (M2). For M1, I'm using Sport+ for engine and steering and Sport for suspension (because our public roads are quite bumpy), with a transmission setting of D3 (most aggressive auto shifting), and DSC fully on. For M2, I'm using Sport+ for all, with a transmission setting of S3 (most aggressive sequential shifting) and traction set to "MDM" for most fun. The HUD is set to race mode in M2 also.

Yes, this car is awesome, can't wait to take it up North. No worries about the drivers up North - Malaysians in Malaysia are generally *much* better drivers than Singaporeans - well, anywhere! They are mostly quick to give way, and they have skills.

Edited by Turboflat4

bro

just wonder ur blackvue is it stop recording during stop in traffic light with ASS?

I intend to install iRoad V7 on my car. is ur blackvue can use for parking mode?

Yup, it stops recording when the power goes off. Not sure if it can be configured differently. Configuring the Blackvue (at least my older model) is a bit of a pain, because you have to put the micro SD card into a computer to do the settings - there's no inbuilt display.

The Blackvue can be set to automatically go into parking mode. Just leave it on and park your car, then it'll be triggered by motion detection and (knock on wood) g-forces.

I like the N (Normal), E (Event) and P (Parking) recording feature and the picture quality. Some features I haven't been able to get working like the map view thing, but I'm not that fussy.

I suppose I could say "screw it" and leave ASS on, but I'm very afraid of stop light incidents. Lots of idiots out there on the road, that bloody crane video just underscores my point.

Turbocharged

Yup, it stops recording when the power goes off. Not sure if it can be configured differently. Configuring the Blackvue (at least my older model) is a bit of a pain, because you have to put the micro SD card into a computer to do the settings - there's no inbuilt display.

The Blackvue can be set to automatically go into parking mode. Just leave it on and park your car, then it'll be triggered by motion detection and (knock on wood) g-forces.

I like the N (Normal), E (Event) and P (Parking) recording feature and the picture quality. Some features I haven't been able to get working like the map view thing, but I'm not that fussy.

I suppose I could say "screw it" and leave ASS on, but I'm very afraid of stop light incidents. Lots of idiots out there on the road, that bloody crane video just underscores my point.

So you have 2 cars now?

↡ Advertisement