If Cars in Sg Expensive, so what's cheap?

Heluim

Hey guys,

We all agree and concluded that Cars and running cost of Cars in Sg is expensive.

So what's cheap and a good deal in Sg that we can do?

I am sure there are some goodies in Singapore that we are cheaper than other countries right..

Instead of keep thinking of negative things can we enjoy the goodness or those "good deals" in sg.

Property, liquor and cigs is also expensive..

So perhaps like TVs or Gadget is "good deals"?

tax cheap than most developed countries [:p]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

talk is cheap, it's the same everywhere, hide behind computer make big big comments is even cheaper...LOL

• Praise 4

Actually,Singapore is a place in Earth,that got no major disaster like flood,volcano,hurricane..etc,which is more important than got cheap things but your family & wealth 'sweep' out in an overnight disaster.

sure anot SG have no disaster.....some people think the current team of Ministars are a disaster lei!
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Food la. That one quite cheap. You go angmoh countries can cost you more than double leh. Their cars cheap but their food not that cheap hor. Not only that ang moh country must give tip one.

I used to think so until last week i go kopitiam order my pontian wanton mee..... extra noodle.... $4... den only 2 fried wanton / 2 wanton in soup... i think used to have 3 fried... food prices overall might be cheaper, but in general, you really do get alot less in quantity/quality unless you pay for it.

Then over at Thai Express on saturday, 1 crayfish mee hoon, 1 rice with curry soft shell crab, 3 pieces of stuffed chicken, 2 iced tea, close to S$60.

About S$4 in Tokyo earlier this year got me this (water is usually complimentary there, unlike here)

10922709_10155150867775604_2063133814097

and about S$16-18 fried fish/big prawn/scallops/salad/soup/rice/water. (rice free flow)

10929140_10155165020220604_2358152542728

sub S$4 also got me a nice bowl of soba with kakiage tempura at a train station with water as well. Best part, is you pay what you see on the menu.

Don't need to even mention places like BKK liao.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 4

Scary post.

I spent the last 5~10 mins trying hard to think of things which I can call "cheap" in Singapore, I can't. [:(]

• Praise 3

Scary post.

I spent the last 5~10 mins trying hard to think of things which I can call "cheap" in Singapore, I can't. [:(]

NSman lo

A lot of cost are driven by rental and labour cost. This is why one can only find reasonable cheap food in hawker centers.

With current "progress", cheap hawker may be something in Singapore history. I am still waiting to see the low cost hawker centre that the gov talk about.

(edited)

Talk is cheap.

Not even talk is cheap. Defamation suits are belli expensive. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

NSman lo

haha. I assume you talking about NS-full time and not NS Men (reservists, definitely not cheap),

NS-full time quite ok these days I think, a lot worse during my time, we even had a marching song about having not enough money left for the "chicken" after the taxi ride to the "chicken den", that's how cheap we were; a months' pay = less than a taxi ride + a chicken's one time fee.

haha. I assume you talking about NS-full time and not NS Men (reservists, definitely not cheap),

NS-full time quite ok these days I think, a lot worse during my time, we even had a marching song about having not enough money left for the "chicken" after the taxi ride to the "chicken den", that's how cheap we were; a months' pay = less than a taxi ride + a chicken's one time fee.

some brother will tell you the right hand (or left) is free :D:D

Hahaha. That indeed is true. Save the cab fare too. [thumbsup]

use both lar.....put more soap oni😂😂😂😂

kns....my camp walking distance also never go geylang....oni pass by nia! After all the training the only thing i want to think off is to sleep in my room for 24 hrs! $130-$180 a month where got enough.....best is keep the money and enjoy when it mattered most......ROC!

Japanese food in Japan Tokyo hotel restaurants is really cheap. Can't believe it.... One set meal jiak until cannot walk properly only $20+. And that's 2012, now is even "cheaperer" when you factor the exchange rate.

I used to think so until last week i go kopitiam order my pontian wanton mee..... extra noodle.... $4... den only 2 fried wanton / 2 wanton in soup... i think used to have 3 fried... food prices overall might be cheaper, but in general, you really do get alot less in quantity/quality unless you pay for it.

Then over at Thai Express on saturday, 1 crayfish mee hoon, 1 rice with curry soft shell crab, 3 pieces of stuffed chicken, 2 iced tea, close to S$60.

About S$4 in Tokyo earlier this year got me this (water is usually complimentary there, unlike here)

and about S$16-18 fried fish/big prawn/scallops/salad/soup/rice/water. (rice free flow)

sub S$4 also got me a nice bowl of soba with kakiage tempura at a train station with water as well. Best part, is you pay what you see on the menu.

sure anot SG have no disaster.....some people think the current team of Ministars are a disaster lei!

But this one is not natural disaster wor, this one is man-made disaster... Hahaha... Joking only...

Wa, where you got your $4 meal? Quite cheap wor... Cheapest I got was around $6-7 for a bowl of ramen, free water... But it was so darn delicious! (Akihabara small shops)

NS go by buddy system, so you help your buddy, your buddy help you... Correct? [laugh]

• Praise 1

But this one is not natural disaster wor, this one is man-made disaster... Hahaha... Joking only...

But they are still man+women made😂😂😂😂