If Cars in Sg Expensive, so what's cheap?

Heluim

Hey guys,

We all agree and concluded that Cars and running cost of Cars in Sg is expensive.

So what's cheap and a good deal in Sg that we can do?

I am sure there are some goodies in Singapore that we are cheaper than other countries right..

Instead of keep thinking of negative things can we enjoy the goodness or those "good deals" in sg.

Property, liquor and cigs is also expensive..

So perhaps like TVs or Gadget is "good deals"?

Electronic stuff is relatively cheap in Singapore

• Praise 1

(edited)

AMTK LOVE SG ... they can show the BBC report to their employer, no $500k per annum no talk ...

condo rental = $8k-$10k per month

car rental & usage = $4k-$5k per month

food = cheese + wine + airflown steak ... no $5k no talk

accomodation + car + food = $20K liao

post-7984-0-35237700-1425438544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know

AMTK LOVE SG ... they can show the BBC report to their employer, no $500k per annum no talk ...

if don't buy car, not so ex lah,

what condo rental so ex?

$5k can rent a very good one,

go by cab monthly 2k sufficient

even angmok eat monthly eat 2k also enough

what condo rental so ex?

i think these expats trying to pull a fast one to con their company, over claim their allowance [laugh][laugh]

(edited)

condo rental ... i'm talking about those rent in CCR/RCR and have family

car rental ... either they buy or rent car ... they will factor in the cost ... those AM that you see taking cab is junior staff la ... lol

i have 1 x AM in my office previously ... 2 cup of Starbuck coffee (morning and lunch) everyday without fail ... that's $10 for coffee only ....

what condo rental so ex?

Edited by Wt_know

Singapore has always been gunning for No.1 Spot. Now we have made it! [bounce1]

post-7984-0-35237700-1425438544.jpg

haha. I assume you talking about NS-full time and not NS Men (reservists, definitely not cheap),

NS-full time quite ok these days I think, a lot worse during my time, we even had a marching song about having not enough money left for the "chicken" after the taxi ride to the "chicken den", that's how cheap we were; a months' pay = less than a taxi ride + a chicken's one time fee.

Eh, go such a marching song meh? I served in the 90s, never heard. Post lyrics for the bros here leh?

Ok ok train maintenance is very cheap in Sg.

After all how expensive are cable ties?

:D

Cost of cable ties = cheap

Cost of local talent maint workers under Maintenance Cost Center = probably not expensive

Cost of Snr Management/CEO allocated to Maintenance Cost Center = I BET NOT CHEAP

• Praise 1

Twincharged

condo rental ... i'm talking about those rent in CCR/RCR and have family

car rental ... either they buy or rent car ... they will factor in the cost ... those AM that you see taking cab is junior staff la ... lol

i have 1 x AM in my office previously ... 2 cup of Starbuck coffee (morning and lunch) everyday without fail ... that's $10 for coffee only ....

Not just AM drink starbucks everyday la. Majority of my colleagues also have at least 2-3 rounds of starbucks a day.

(edited)

wow ... that's more than $10 a day for kopi only ... jin ho jiak

the kopi price from local boutique coffee joint simi toastbox, coffee&toast, killiney, ya kun, qiji ... i also beh tahan liao

i only go starbuck when someone is buying ... lol

Not just AM drink starbucks everyday la. Majority of my colleagues also have at least 2-3 rounds of starbucks a day.

Edited by Wt_know

Eh, go such a marching song meh? I served in the 90s, never heard. Post lyrics for the bros here leh?

Wah... testing my memory from so many years ago.

Can't remember the whole song, except it's got something on "tan" how many ""kor", "tan" how many "kor", end up still "kio kway" something something "kiam zup kor", and I'm pretty sure.. well.. vaguely sure that the line "taxi zhai wa gao ang teng bay tao" is in there somewhere.

Lets see if any of the other older generation bros here remember it better than I do and kind enough to help fill in the blanks, but I hope you're not thinking to start singing it on your jogging routine now... are you? Don't end up kenna stomped by some "strawberry" for being "insensitive" and "obscene" wor. :D

• Praise 1

haiz..

Is actually really sad to be a Singaporean male..

Government always have a good reason for their actions.

End up we are being squeezed..

CEV rebates cut and increase..

Petrol increase tax, when crude oil goes back to the "norm" high price.. Petrol at esso shell etc will rocket to even higher than previously with the new increase in tax.. then when petrol in sg is really high they will due to rising cost of operations and higher crude oil prices..

Even C&C maintenance fee for a 5room HDB is around $60-$70 per month sia.. The only thing i need is the lift.. and some sweeping in the neighborhood.. which i dont know why can cost so much per household..

On top of that males are plague by NS, after NS still got reservist...

they will really not let us go..

my income is reasonably high more than $100K p.a. .. but still feel the pinch, especially when I start poor earning less than $2K initially..

So average joe is really struggling i can tell.. even a bowl of noodle i eat in hawker centre now is $3.5 which i am really trying to find something cheaper to eat already today... If tio summon your noodle will cost even more of cos...

And if anybody have wife or gf they are always expecting something and more and more.. which squeezes man further..

When really earn enough here.. is really time to pack up and go...

• Praise 2

I give you example:

There are ppl who drive like a-holes on the road. When someone else had a near miss with these a-holes and decide to confront these a-holes at the next red light, the a-holes don't even dare to wind down their window, or even look at the person who confronted them, only dare to look straight.

YUP! There you go! Zappers who don't leave names are exactly like the people who drive like a-holes that I described above!

Up or down points, it's just virtual points... Even if I get zapped a lot, I also don't mind. It just means what I'm saying / commenting either is distasteful, or doesn't add value to other people, or isn't acceptable by society (MCF).

I most sian is those zap, no reason. Can't learn from those, or even know what went wrong. But, ah well... Virtual points only, can't change for fuel or EZ-Link credits.. Haha...

I know what's cheap liao, MCF points! Wait say liao kena banned instead of merely zapped.. =X

• Praise 2

I challenge you to zap and zap me leh. [:p][laugh][laugh]

But I have never zap people or forummers before.

I can zap you for free, but for what? Haha... Zap or up, is just points nia.. Just to show whether you approve of a certain message or not.. =D But if you wan zap, can feel free to zap me for fun.. I don't mind.. Give me your virgin zap..

Food is cheap???

really....?

really...............?

really...........................?

Yes, it is quite cheap lah.. While a lot of Singaporeans take offense at the hawker / kopitiam / restaurant comment by a certain someone, it is true that where you eat decides on how much you spend on food also...

I try to eat at hawker most of the time, so, $4-5 per meal, and sometimes maybe $1 for a drink. If go to cheap cheap restaurant, the price also about doubles. So, my choice lah for this... If I eat economical rice, price can go down a little bit more..

Not to say everywhere is cheap, but I find it relatively cheap.

Many say we never achieve Swiss standard of living (income wise), but many also don't see that we do not pay Swiss standard for food.

I give you example:

There are ppl who drive like a-holes on the road. When someone else had a near miss with these a-holes and decide to confront these a-holes at the next red light, the a-holes don't even dare to wind down their window, or even look at the person who confronted them, only dare to look straight.

YUP! There you go! Zappers who don't leave names are exactly like the people who drive like a-holes that I described above!

Haha, sometimes I drive like an a**hole. I do try to apologise by giving a wave of sorry / slight head bow / nod... If the other guy don't accept, nevermind lor... Same like zap.. I seldom zap, but if need zap then zap with proper reason lor.. If the other guy don't accept, and zap back, zap lor... Points are just numbers that I can't buy anything with...

• Praise 1

Ask MCF see if they can tie up with NTUC or not. Use points to redeem groceries. Haha.

Haha, sometimes I drive like an a**hole. I do try to apologise by giving a wave of sorry / slight head bow / nod... If the other guy don't accept, nevermind lor... Same like zap.. I seldom zap, but if need zap then zap with proper reason lor.. If the other guy don't accept, and zap back, zap lor... Points are just numbers that I can't buy anything with...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1