Accident at Orchard with JB bike

Xxadidasxx

Neutral Newbie

Need some advise

i had a accident on sun midnite wif a jb bike at orchard .That Malaysian biker beat the red light and smash to my car my front part and side was badly damage.

Tp was call in after that police report was made and I know will be a trouble one wif a Malaysian plate.there was a taxi uncle giving info to the Tp at that time as witness that that malaysian bike beats the red light as my car had no in car cam.

Yestday went to axs work shop the person told me they do not do claim against malaysia plate and he advise me will be a troublesome one.

He advise me to claim from insurance 1st and of cuz my ncd. 40% will be gone and higher premier next year.
He inform me that once tp close the case proven I am not at fault than axs will try to fight and claim against that Malaysian biker but will tk maybe years

any bro here have better advise or had encounter this kind of claim before pls let me know thanks in advance

↡ Advertisement

Almost all workshops under insurance panel dun want claim against Malaysia vehicles. But if you have witness in your favour, then of course your chances are higher. But not to forget that, there is still a risk that other chap might not be covered by insurance at all.

Probably you may wish to search this forum for recommendations as I remember some people have mentioned some workshops can do Third Party claims against Malaysia vehicles.

Advice: You are really lucky that you have a witness this time. Seriously it is time to invest in a good car camera ... U may not be so lucky the next time....

• Praise 1

question: if it is impossible to claim from malaysia vehicle/insurance, with the proof and witness that the blame is 100% on the other party, will the insurance company waive the NCD?

Turbocharged

question: if it is impossible to claim from malaysia vehicle/insurance, with the proof and witness that the blame is 100% on the other party, will the insurance company waive the NCD?

can fight la. that time my case, when they wanted to take away my NCD ... i just ask them what they will do if they are in my shoes. plus i had letter from TP stating 0% liability.

i told them if they remove my NCD, they can jolly well reply to me in straits times about their reasoning for doing so.

next 1-2 days, told me they will graciously not remove my NCD.

so sweet hor, insurance companies?

• Praise 15

Neutral Newbie

Now car is in workshop and claim against my own insurance .so now I wait for TP letter and if proven me.not in the wrong let AXA to.fight for me?

can fight la. that time my case, when they wanted to take away my NCD ... i just ask them what they will do if they are in my shoes. plus i had letter from TP stating 0% liability.

i told them if they remove my NCD, they can jolly well reply to me in straits times about their reasoning for doing so.

bro so u mean my insurance up for renew in sep.so i call to fight for my NCD?

Neutral Newbie

or if they insist I bring to CASE? Really so unfair not.my wrong yet I pay the price

Turbocharged

Depends on the insurance company

I know DA does not Ping your NCD if you are shown not to be at fault

The other one I know is I think AXA - but not very sure of this (is from an old and unreliable memory)

Turbocharged

Now car is in workshop and claim against my own insurance .so now I wait for TP letter and if proven me.not in the wrong let AXA to.fight for me?

bro so u mean my insurance up for renew in sep.so i call to fight for my NCD?

well, dont try to be defensive on your first call. just explain to them that if its not your fault, how can it be fair etc.

if your insurer is AXA then you need to talk to AXA.

not let AXA fight for you (not sure what you mean by this)

Hypersonic

Related question... why is it so difficult to claim from MY vehicles but easy for them to claim SG cars?

you should go look for a workshop who have law firms with msia counterparts. There are law firms who claim against msia vehicles. If you claim OD, thats the end for your NCD.

Unless you can get the msian vehicle insurance den maybe some law firm will try for you.

There are alot of ways going about but mostly time consuming and hefty.

Related question... why is it so difficult to claim from MY vehicles but easy for them to claim SG cars?

Because SG insurance Siao on... Msia insurance do what they are good at, sitting on the files. I had few encounters with them. They practically sit on it for years and when they give offer, they give in ringgits and only couple of hundreds which is not even enough to pay the legal fee.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

you should go look for a workshop who have law firms with msia counterparts. There are law firms who claim against msia vehicles. If you claim OD, thats the end for your NCD.

Unless you can get the msian vehicle insurance den maybe some law firm will try for you.

There are alot of ways going about but mostly time consuming and hefty.

Because SG insurance Siao on... Msia insurance do what they are good at, sitting on the files. I had few encounters with them. They practically sit on it for years and when they give offer, they give in ringgits and only couple of hundreds which is not even enough to pay the legal fee.

If that's the case, then they need to buy proper insurance cover in SG to be able to drive in SG. No use accident happen and nothing can be done.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Need some advise

i had a accident on sun midnite wif a jb bike at orchard .That Malaysian biker beat the red light and smash to my car my front part and side was badly damage.

Tp was call in after that police report was made and I know will be a trouble one wif a Malaysian plate.there was a taxi uncle giving info to the Tp at that time as witness that that malaysian bike beats the red light as my car had no in car cam.

Yestday went to axs work shop the person told me they do not do claim against malaysia plate and he advise me will be a troublesome one.

He advise me to claim from insurance 1st and of cuz my ncd. 40% will be gone and higher premier next year.

He inform me that once tp close the case proven I am not at fault than axs will try to fight and claim against that Malaysian biker but will tk maybe years

any bro here have better advise or had encounter this kind of claim before pls let me know thanks in advance

Bro, the ws only doesn't want the hassle. This kind of case can fight for years and the ws just doesn't want to get paid later. I had a few accidents with malaysian bikes before and I claim successfully. To the ws, they do not care about whether they claim your insurance or not since they can get their money fast/successfully. Edited by Andyngps

Turbocharged

Wow..so did that biker fly? Who paid for his medical bills? In this case he dah himself or what?

CASE? Useless la.

Ok lah..they got wayang a bit..they asked petrol companies why after the pappies increased petrol duty, pump prices chiong thru the roofie.. [laugh]

Of course the petrol companies ignored CASE...

I think best way to prevent such is to enforce all msia car to have sg insurance .

Tan Ku Ku...

Hahha like that must ku ku that Lui bin.

Only know how to collect money but cannot do real work .

Tan Ku Ku...

• Praise 2

I think best way to prevent such is to enforce all msia car to have sg insurance .

Cannot like that, will scare these foreign talent away. They provide jobs for us according to LHL. Our rice bowls depend on them.

On side note, accident in Msia, can I act blur?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1