Servicing at Tan Chong

Freeman

No more free servicing liao for my Sylphy, going for 20k servicing soon.

Can I check with those with the experience here if I am able to bring my own oil filter & air filter?

How much can I save by doing so?

my 2 cents as I owned 3 Nissans before. 2 used and 1 brand new. The latest was N16FL which I kept for 8 years since new. Nissan cars are pretty reliable. No problems for the 1st 8 years....only normal wear and tear like brake pads, battery, tyres, etc etc.

I was given 7 free servicings IIRC, after that I dont bother to send to TCM anymore. Outside w/s much cheaper...my mech allows me bring own oil...so normal service only cost 40-50.

Since jap cars are very reliable in general. Just service regularly and they should serve you well for many years.

hope this helps.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

i brought my own oil for my Teana and there is a deduction of $90 from the total servicing bill.

I use Castrol Edge with Titanium which i think is far superior compared to their in house oil brand....

• Praise 2

so far the servicing experience is ok. i dont like the waiting format where u stand and wait around for service advisor. prefer to have a queue number like kah motor.

They are still like that after so many years???

My previous ride, a sunny N16AFL, went Toa Payoh branch for servicing also like that in 2005. Sibeh angry, park the car there one hour also no SE approach me for my key. So I activate my car alarm to let them know I am ard. I kept the car key and stand a distance and see them searching for my car key until they come ask ard whose car is that.

Dont like their way of making us customer wait.

Currently with Komoco, much better. Take number and wait for turn.

My previous ride, a sunny N16AFL, went Toa Payoh branch for servicing also like that in 2005. Sibeh angry, park the car there one hour also no SE approach me for my key. So I activate my car alarm to let them know I am ard. I kept the car key and stand a distance and see them searching for my car key until they come ask ard whose car is that.

Haha since 2006 got number system liao...

BT side until now is still owner / customer have to wait beside their car [thumbsdown]

• Praise 3

Which branch has queue number system for customer sending in car for servicing?

I went to bukit timah branch (suppose to be biggest and most recommended) and I need to stand around for advisor to come. This is in the year 2014 and 2015.

I also don't like the part where you get your car back after servicing. After settling at the counter, need to wait for staff to drive your car out for you. This is where service lapse can happen and it happened for me during my second servicing. After settle, had to wait 30 minutes just for someone to drive the car from the back out to the front. This is at Bukit Timah, not sure other centres are similar system?

Other than these admin related areas that can be improved, I have no issues so far.

Oh, they don't wash your car after servicing if it is raining.

Wah you very fierce, must be very angry at that time.

I not sure if i dare to do that, cos scare they buay song and don't do a proper job for me.

I kind of miss kah motor servicing. Both admin and technical aspects are better. But at a price to pay.

Wah you very fierce, must be very angry at that time.

I not sure if i dare to do that, cos scare they buay song and don't do a proper job for me.

I kind of miss kah motor servicing. Both admin and technical aspects are better. But at a price to pay.

That time was really angry. All the SE walk pass and dont bother abt me. All act busy shifting other cars. I came the earliest, therefore park right inside. Those come later ones park outside, SE immediate attend to them. Their small waiting area also no seats to sit down n wait.

Standing there for an hour is painful. Esp so when I had back problems, thus cannot stand too long.

I also shoot an email to them abt it and the Service manager called and replied my email to apologise.

I went to bukit timah branch (suppose to be biggest and most recommended) and I need to stand around for advisor to come. This is in the year 2014 and 2015.

I also don't like the part where you get your car back after servicing. After settling at the counter, need to wait for staff to drive your car out for you. This is where service lapse can happen and it happened for me during my second servicing. After settle, had to wait 30 minutes just for someone to drive the car from the back out to the front. This is at Bukit Timah, not sure other centres are similar system?

Other than these admin related areas that can be improved, I have no issues so far.

Oh, they don't wash your car after servicing if it is raining.

Initially their 'numbering system' is when you drive in for servicing, they will make you park your car in a queue.

They will call out your car number when it's your turn to meet the SA.

Then later they have the ticketing system if i remember correctly.

When collecting car, after payment is made they will hand you your car key so you can go to your car (not difficult to find) and drive away but need to produce a slip when driving pass the security sentry.

This is at Toa Payoh service centre, correct as at 2009 iirc.

Supercharged

Ubi.

But they call my number very fast... before I could finish my free breakfast and coffee. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I won't recommend going back to Tan Chong for servicing once warranty over.

Tan Chong servicing is one of the cheapest agent in Singapore... It is cheap for a reason...

I won't recommend going back to Tan Chong for servicing once warranty over.

Tan Chong servicing is one of the cheapest agent in Singapore... It is cheap for a reason...

Hi, mind sharing what is the reason ?

Neutral Newbie

Hi, mind sharing what is the reason ?

Let's just say that something made me changed car when car prices is so expensive.

If anyone has any complaints about Tan Chong, email Nissan Japan, instant reply.

I wana complain why Tan Chong dont have these Nissan SE at their showroom like in their Yokohama showroom when I visited. [grin]

post-2654-0-15567200-1406548144_thumb.jpg
post-2654-0-86814700-1406548054_thumb.jpg
post-2654-0-09992100-1406548220_thumb.jpg

I bought my sunny in Aug 2006 and have been using the service at ubi from day one.

Drive in and get a Q number. Have breakfast in the lounge and within a short time you will be attended to.

Hypersonic

For toa pyaoh, once you drive in, the security guard will scan your car and give you a big piece of paper to be place in front windshield. By then you already in the queue system. When your turn comes, the SA will have your record and the type of servicing you intend to do.
  • Praise 1

Much improvement can be made to the process at TC BT Service Centre to match the overall customer experience at Borneo Motors Leng Kee.

Ultimately the service engineer(not the counter staff) experience is most important. The SE at BM LK is top notch, they will take a drive in your car together with you to diagnose the problem and can immediately identify the issue and prescribe the solution.

↡ Advertisement