Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

haha ... this one hand will be chopped if caught stealing

but you better don't play play hor

wait your didi also kena chopped if not behave ... hehe

no worries.....i dont steal....maybe only rob... Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

ok, I email to the developer, making them a SOP for you if you buying the units in danga bay.

For you only.

bro.. simi beach of passionate love..

trengganu got famous beach? I thought only islands such as redang, pehantian..

beautiful..

Used to frequent there when I was much younger..

love it so much until I remember, I quit a job and stay there for 2 weeks.

haha

They change the name from “Pantai Chinta Berahi” to Pantai Cahaya Bulan (formerly known as Beach of Passionate Love) was believe to name by a lovelorn British soldier during the World War Two.

Till today, there are some locals still prefer to us the old name.

It has a beautiful long and wide sandy beach, a popular spot for family outings and picnics. It also have a variety of water sports and horse riding.

There are some food stalls and restaurants along the beach, which offers fresh barbeque seafood.

From Kota Bharu town, take the D1 Route headed north towards Pengkalan Chepa. Pantai Cahaya Bulan is located some 10km down this road. If you are taking public transportation, take Bus No.10 from the town centre. The journey takes about 20 to 25 minutes.

You will pass through quiet Malay villages and you can drop by to get some traditional handicraft as souvenirs.

I also prefer the old name.  [thumbsup]

:D

no worries.....i dont steal....maybe only rob...ððð. Up there confirm can marry 4 without permission so no need to misbehave..ðð

that wan Kelantan...Pantai Cinta Berahi....Beach of passionate love..ððð. Went there back in 02 with my passionate lover..aka my wife..ðð

My friend bought 1 gated semid......rm 1.25 million...got security and all.ððð

Yeah gated then less risk of getting robbed

Also must see the gated security. Some wave and go in. Some strict, tried to go in ask alot qn luckily i come in with agent behind my car.

Forgot the name of gated complex but the security have a proton patrol car resemble police car lol

• Praise 1

My ex-colleague stay in JB and come to SG everyday. He dont like but bobian. His parents shifted to JB to stay and he follow suit. He and his gf already booked BTO in Kallang.

His start work timing depends on the causeway traffic. After work, he always very sian to drive back JB. Jam jam jam.

He cant wait to move back to SG in 3 years time.

KL, Johor, Penang, Ipoh, Melaka, Pahang,

all same same but different la

mug, burglary, theft, snatch, what's not ... happening everyday la

some don't even want to go police station to report liao

go police station kena laughed by police

not long ago ... rape also on the rise ... now no more

but now what people fear is *bang* *bang* .... assasination

Those ppl that kenna bang bang very likely to have offended ppl from triad lah.  No 1 gonna spent RM5k to kill some 1 w/o good reasons.

I will say it is less safe that Singapore as we are living in a cocoon that is isolated from the real world.  That's what an Italian told me.

In term of safety, i would compare KL/JB to Rome/Milan/Paris.

Stayed in East Ledang semi D house over the weekend.

It was quite nice. Big spacious house, but i see rows of empty houses....... dunno whether the development is fully sold or not.

the major problem i have about this place is the houses are next to the big power lines and towers.  Its an eyesore and i know they are not good for health reasons.

just checked the asking prices, its about RM$ 2.5 million and above

Worth or not?  I dunno.

for investment purposes. i will say no go.

1. forex. last time it's 1:2.5. now it's 1:3. in future. maybe 1:4. how much do you need to sell just to break even.

2. malaysia got so much land that they keep building new houses. 

3. at 2.5M. who will buy from you? the locals can't afford. the expats rather rent given that the rental is ridiciulously cheap. 

4. security. i know a few guys that got their house burglarised when they went on holiday.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I find it quite amusing when Singaporeans tell me JB is quite safe one if u know what you are doing (eg my BIL)

Dunno how come all the ex-colleagues that were actual JB residents tell me differently  [rolleyes]

I know quite a number of them that don't enter back into JB unless for family matters and can tell me of multiple burglaries/muggings and also car jackings. Granted that not all of these incidents happen in JB.

ya.. my sister in law is a johorean.. when we told her we go in for our quarterly milk+household supplies, she goes  [shocked] and say we  [hur]

guess we never grow up in their environment where they have to keep their guard up 200%, and we will never understand their fear 

• Praise 1

u just need these 3 buddies

they will guard your house 100x better than simi security guard

Top%2010%20dog%20breeds%20for%20protecti

The burglars not dumb one. They throw poisoned or meat with tranquilizers to these fellas. dogs only work against dumb robbers. The smart ones will scout and know how many dogs u have. But yeah lah at least more reliable than security guards lol.. Edited by Lala81

ya.. my sister in law is a johorean.. when we told her we go in for our quarterly milk+household supplies, she goes [shocked] and say we [hur]

guess we never grow up in their environment where they have to keep their guard up 200%, and we will never understand their fear

My jb female ex colleague when she goes back to jb. Her father in jb will drive in to Singapore to pick her up to drive her in.

or her hubby will drive her there direct.

She was already like 30 years old then.

Basically her parents don't allow them as kids to do anything in jb other than within the house.

Haha even I thought her parents were bit paranoid.

I guess gated communities were not so common in the 80s and 90s. So they are more vigilant.

Turbocharged

u just need these 3 buddies

they will guard your house 100x better than simi security guard

Top%2010%20dog%20breeds%20for%20protecti

the guards are people, and can be unpredictable, some in cahoots, some scared shit when robbers flash the parang, some may fight but kenna hamtam jialat jialat.

i think the 3 buddies are the best solution to security problem in there  :a-m1212:

they can be best friends to u too.

my mom used to stay in kampong, their family guard dog like the above (dunno the breed, but i was told it was black and big) kept their house safe until a day it got poisoned by a burglar.. suspected to be someone familiar to the family.

Edited by Solar

Turbocharged

The burglars not dumb one. They throw poisoned or meat with tranquilizers to these fellas. dogs only work against dumb robbers. The smart ones will scout and know how many dogs u have. But yeah lah at least more reliable than security guards lol..

if i'm not wrong, guard dog training got teach dogs to eat from specific sources, not any meat no matter how wagyu they may smell and look  :XD:

if i'm not wrong, guard dog training got teach dogs to eat from specific sources, not any meat no matter how wagyu they may smell and look :XD:

Haha so well trained ar. Haha then maybe need to throw them a female dog in heat hehe

Yeah gated then less risk of getting robbed

Also must see the gated security. Some wave and go in. Some strict, tried to go in ask alot qn luckily i come in with agent behind my car.

Forgot the name of gated complex but the security have a proton patrol car resemble police car lol

som say the security are the actual robbers...
  • Praise 1

for investment purposes. i will say no go.

1. forex. last time it's 1:2.5. now it's 1:3. in future. maybe 1:4. how much do you need to sell just to break even.

2. malaysia got so much land that they keep building new houses.

3. at 2.5M. who will buy from you? the locals can't afford. the expats rather rent given that the rental is ridiciulously cheap.

4. security. i know a few guys that got their house burglarised when they went on holiday.

when people say their jb home is for investment i will say they are xiao! But its good to have a family property that you call your own....not 99 yrs..not even 999 yrs! Always like the feeling where the kids will say 'come, lets go back to papa/mama's home, where they can rest, have barbecues or simply laze around the compound all within our own property. SG is to stressful for such activities!

when people say their jb home is for investment i will say they are xiao! But its good to have a family property that you call your own....not 99 yrs..not even 999 yrs! Always like the feeling where the kids will say 'come, lets go back to papa/mama's home, where they can rest, have barbecues or simply laze around the compound all within our own property. SG is to stressful for such activities!

If you're Malay maybe still ok la. For Chinese the goalposts keep shifting. The deck is stacked against us.

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere

• Praise 2

som say the security are the actual robbers...ððð. But they are nice people.....went to my friend's and i didnt know his house number. Just told the security my friend's decription the type of bike he rides and the car his wife drove, they even showed me the directions to my friend's compound...ððð

Some securities also their kaki lang, so security help to watch out if owner goes out or come back
  • Praise 1

first step for burglar to do is to make friend with the security guard

second step is to apply the security job

if all fail ... show the visitor pass ... which is a 10 inches parang

Some securities also their kaki lang, so security help to watch out if owner goes out or come back

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2