Retirement in Malaysia - how much RM a month for living?

the guards are people, and can be unpredictable, some in cahoots, some scared shit when robbers flash the parang, some may fight but kenna hamtam jialat jialat.

i think the 3 buddies are the best solution to security problem in there :a-m1212:

they can be best friends to u too.

my mom used to stay in kampong, their family guard dog like the above (dunno the breed, but i was told it was black and big) kept their house safe until a day it got poisoned by a burglar.. suspected to be someone familiar to the family.

They are Doberman breed. We used to have two, mother and son. Love big dogs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doberman_Pinscher

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

If you're Malay maybe still ok la. For Chinese the goalposts keep shifting. The deck is stacked against us.

I'd rather spend my money elsewhere

Bukit Indah a lot of MY, SG, SPR Chinese.....even the businesses are mostly runned by chinese. The same rules applies every where.....follow the local customs, dont care Chinese, Malay or Indian! Usually the kampong folks are ok.....the exec and the so-called middle class are the ones that you have to watch.

Some securities also their kaki lang, so security help to watch out if owner goes out or come back

My auntie kana....but security not MY but Nepalese.

They are Doberman breed. We used to have two, mother and son. Love big dogs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doberman_Pinscher

post-60339-0-73951500-1475842245.jpg

If go for gated community have to see guard from where.

Must choose the one with the Gurkha guards.

Braver and more likely to stop the thieves rather

than be one themselves.

:D

• Praise 6

first step for burglar to do is to make friend with the security guard

second step is to apply the security job

if all fail ... show the visitor pass ... which is a 10 inches parang

The security guard probably his relatives haha

Very hard to find good security in johor's gated complex, they are there for show only.

• Praise 1

than be one themselves.

The gurkha contingent in SG and Britains are the crop of the creme and they wouldnt want to lose that prestige as a unit or as an individual. But if you bring the whole kampung or enough of them to town, can bet the rotten apples will float to the top of the barrel. There are good and bad in every race and creed!
  • Praise 2

than be one themselves.

The Gurkhas probably fake one also haha

Better install more security prevention in ur home rather than relying on the security guards

The security guard probably his relatives haha

Very hard to find good security in johor's gated complex, they are there for show only.

Lepak brothers....

The Gurkhas probably fake one also haha

Better install more security prevention in ur home rather than relying on the security guards

not fake de....just those normal nepalese like most of us trying to make ends meet. My wife auntie spoke with their condo guards in Hindi/Urdu....actually not talk but scold. She said the Nepalese guards were lazy and skivers.

not fake de....just those normal nepalese like most of us trying to make ends meet. My wife auntie spoke with their condo guards in Hindi/Urdu....actually not talk but scold. She said the Nepalese guards were lazy and skivers.

Yah considered fake not having real spirit of Gurkhas haha
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

when people say their jb home is for investment i will say they are xiao! But its good to have a family property that you call your own....not 99 yrs..not even 999 yrs! Always like the feeling where the kids will say 'come, lets go back to papa/mama's home, where they can rest, have barbecues or simply laze around the compound all within our own property. SG is to stressful for such activities!

Ah kong warned before... at the stroke of a pen... rent la... how much only... if one already have a property in SG, use it to cover the rental over there loh... still have change for teh halia everyday

• Praise 3

Ah kong warned before... at the stroke of a pen... rent la... how much only... if one already have a property in SG, use it to cover the rental over there loh... still have change for teh halia everyday

true also....my friend always says its better to rent. At least when good become bad can run road...
  • Praise 4

as long as the rent in spore can cover the rent in msia ... it's "positive" return

true also....my friend always says its better to rent. At least when good become bad can run road...

• Praise 2

I find it disturbing that I assume many here are middle income ($700,000 cash) to upper income (Rolex collection and Porsche)  individuals and yet a few or many are actually thinking of retiring in Malaysia as an alternative. It that is true, than what about the few hundred thousands or million or so soul who are categorizes as low income individuals or families.

Singapore is our home. Our forefathers fight and some died in the process to make what Singapore it is today. Why our forefathers sacrificed so much? The simple reason is so that their children (you and me) would have a better life in Singapore. Isn't it ironical that we are even thinking of retiring in another country eg Malaysia where so many Singaporeans look down upon and so often Singaporeans also speak ill of neighbour.

Why are we sending our old folks to JB (old age home)? Why so many are crossing the border to buy cheaper necessities? Why do we filled our petrol in Malaysia to save money? I do know many people who would drive up to Malaysia to buy high blood pressure medicine which cost 1/3 to 1/2 the price that of Singapore. Sometimes it amazes me, how we often accuse China people parasites on our island city state? Are we kettle calling the pot black?

We really need to reflect what is happening to Singapore and what we can do to be able not just to be born here but also die here in our own country.

We don't need a revolution or Singapore Spring but we really need is enlightenment to start valuing each and every Singaporean for who they are. If we don't take care of ourselves who will take care of us. We must start removing the "I" syndrome and replace with the "We".

• Praise 6

Twincharged

Majullah Singapura [grouphug]  

I find it disturbing that I assume many here are middle income ($700,000 cash) to upper income (Rolex collection and Porsche)  individuals and yet a few or many are actually thinking of retiring in Malaysia as an alternative. It that is true, than what about the few hundred thousands or million or so soul who are categorizes as low income individuals or families.

Singapore is our home. Our forefathers fight and some died in the process to make what Singapore it is today. Why our forefathers sacrificed so much? The simple reason is so that their children (you and me) would have a better life in Singapore. Isn't it ironical that we are even thinking of retiring in another country eg Malaysia where so many Singaporeans look down upon and so often Singaporeans also speak ill of neighbour.

Why are we sending our old folks to JB (old age home)? Why so many are crossing the border to buy cheaper necessities? Why do we filled our petrol in Malaysia to save money? I do know many people who would drive up to Malaysia to buy high blood pressure medicine which cost 1/3 to 1/2 the price that of Singapore. Sometimes it amazes me, how we often accuse China people parasites on our island city state? Are we kettle calling the pot black?

We really need to reflect what is happening to Singapore and what we can do to be able not just to be born here but also die here in our own country.

We don't need a revolution or Singapore Spring but we really need is enlightenment to start valuing each and every Singaporean for who they are. If we don't take care of ourselves who will take care of us. We must start removing the "I" syndrome and replace with the "We".

• Praise 5

Good things doesnt come cheap

Cheap things doesnt come good

Thats why singapore is good to live, safe, clean and rated as first world city. Of course its not cheap to live in but quality of life here is better than in Johor. Even supermarket here some of their items quality also better, e.g rice, fruits, etc.

Johor although cheaper than singapore but doesnt give sense of security, moreover theres no public transport, basically everything below on par as compared to singapore.

But singaporean are given an option to live in Singapore but enjoy certain benefits of accessing into Johor to reduce their living cost. Nothing wrong here, its their lifestytle choice, its not about our identity, its not about we, we still we. Thats why we call johor as our hinterland.

• Praise 6

Although i agreed with most of the things you said, it is undeniable fact that cost of living has gone up higher in Singapore now as compared to 5 or 10 years ago.

A lot of us here buy from overseas via Amazon/Taobao or whatever to save cost.  It is no difference from buying from Malaysia.

Why should we feed greedy landlord who increase rental regardless of economic condition?

As compared to China, even the entire Singapore population going to Malaysia shopping, do you think it is comparable to China?

• Praise 3

I find it disturbing that I assume many here are middle income ($700,000 cash) to upper income (Rolex collection and Porsche) individuals and yet a few or many are actually thinking of retiring in Malaysia as an alternative. It that is true, than what about the few hundred thousands or million or so soul who are categorizes as low income individuals or families.

Singapore is our home. Our forefathers fight and some died in the process to make what Singapore it is today. Why our forefathers sacrificed so much? The simple reason is so that their children (you and me) would have a better life in Singapore. Isn't it ironical that we are even thinking of retiring in another country eg Malaysia where so many Singaporeans look down upon and so often Singaporeans also speak ill of neighbour.

We really need to reflect what is happening to Singapore and what we can do to be able not just to be born here but also die here in our own country.

Didnt our forefathers migrated here from somewhere else eons ago? Why did they leaved their motherland? To fulfill a prophecy? Dont think so! To live a better life? Most probably.

About buying necessities in jb? To each their own. Jbians comes here to earn a living and in doing so depresses our pay....whose fault? Whatever we can save we better save up as there is no chest of treasure at the ends of our rainbow.....not even our own cpf. In this age of modernity....everybody uses someone else for their own gain and the ones that really gains is the miw. Will they come to our aid in time of difficulties.....yet to be seen....and we dont actually want to depend on it.

↡ Advertisement