Citroen C4 Cactus

tanbk

Citroen C4 Cactus unveiled with roof-mounted airbag

Citroen_C4_Cactus_012-630x374.jpg

Citroens have always been a little bit different, and perhaps this new one is even more unique than others. Full official details of the radical Citroen C4 Cactus have been released over yesterday’s leaked images, giving us insights of the brand’s, say, unique take on a C-segment vehicle.

This is a “real alternative” to compact hatchbacks, according to Citroen. Its approach is an original one, especially when it comes to appearance. The earlier Cactus Concept’s split headlamps, ‘floating’ roof, upswept C-pillar, flat-dish wheels and 3D-effect rear lights are all carried over to the production version.

Even the Airbumps – impact-absorbing soft air capsules to protect the body against minor bumps and scratches – have made it through to the production phase. Talk about being bold.

Same goes to the interior, which has a few unique touches too. It has a seven-inch multimedia touch-screen display as standard, along with fully digital instrumentations behind the steering wheel. The button-type gear selectors also allowed Citroen to fit wide sofa-style seats at the front.

Meanwhile, the front passenger airbag has been moved to the roof (Airbag In Roof technology) – a world-exclusive feature that creates more interior room and storage space. Another innovative addition is the panoramic glazed roof with advanced heat protection to let the light in but keep the heat out.

Through the use of an “optimised platform” (i.e. not the new EMP2 modular base) and new engines, Citroen has managed to bring the weight down by 200 kg compared to the existing C4 hatchback. As such, the most efficient diesel variant will average just 3.1 litres per 100 km (32.3 km/l).

Citroen_C4_Cactus_011-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_021-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_031-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_041-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_051-108x108.jpg
Citroen_C4_Cactus_06-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_07-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_08-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_09-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_10-108x108.jpg
Citroen_C4_Cactus_10a-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_11-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_12-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_13-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_14-108x108.jpg
Citroen_C4_Cactus_15-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_16-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_17-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_18-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_19-108x108.jpg

Citroen_C4_Cactus_20-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_21-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_22-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_23-108x108.jpg Citroen_C4_Cactus_24-108x108.jpg

↡ Advertisement

they only bring in the cheapest model now

1.2 NA 80 hp with the automated manual gbox

maintainence should be pretty decent considering the 1.2 I3 engine, just need watch for the gb which the weakest link

6 airbag...quite good

• Praise 2

Really quirky looking car to say the least but pleasantly surprised it's price at under $100k!

The air bumps (that's what they call those panels protecting the doors) are queer but very functional for protecting dents and chips. Think it's those love it or hate it cars. Well at least we got more choices I guess!!

• Praise 8

Saw this model in recent car show at $112. Worth consider for 100k. Not sure any hidden cost like must take loan, insurance from them...

• Praise 1

Really quirky looking car to say the least but pleasantly surprised it's price at under $100k!

The air bumps (that's what they call those panels protecting the doors) are queer but very functional for protecting dents and chips. Think it's those love it or hate it cars. Well at least we got more choices I guess!!

Very soon, after-market likely to follow to sell airbump sticker panels, to stick onto any vehicle.
  • Praise 3

No gimmick. Only non guaranteed.

Some more comes w car cam, racking, minecraft body full wrap, factory gps rev cam. Sound system avg, rear drum brake n torsion beam though

To add, promo display sold. Rear seats no split fold n after fold is not flat. Omv close to 20k. Cevs 20k min scrap 5k. Weight less than 1000kg so explain its pickup like 1.5 w me n SE in car. Handling doesn't feel like 1.2l. Tailgate when open very high, no 1.7m height person don't dream of able to reach it to close it. No rear AC. Seats thin but quite comfy.

Bonus is airbump like hp cover can change diff color as u like or if existing one need to replace.

Very soon, after-market likely to follow to sell airbump sticker panels, to stick onto any vehicle.

U r right, Citroen models after this likely to come w this feature.

I missed booking the display minecraft car. This price coupled w my ride tradein price almost no need top up 40percent dp

This

post-57422-0-99466100-1425737611_thumb.jpg

post-57422-0-90406000-1425737636_thumb.jpg

post-57422-0-71841000-1425737653_thumb.jpg

post-57422-0-28251900-1425737671_thumb.jpg

post-57422-0-34786500-1425737688_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

No gimmick. Only non guaranteed. Some more comes w car cam, racking, minecraft body full wrap, factory gps rev cam. Sound system avg, rear drum brake n torsion beam though.

To add, promo display sold. Rear seats no split fold n after fold is not flat. Omv close to 20k. Cevs 20k min scrap 5k. Weight less than 1000kg so explain its pickup like 1.5 w me n SE in car. Handling doesn't feel like 1.2l. Tailgate when open very high, no 1.7m height person don't dream of able to reach it to close it. No rear AC. Seats thin but quite comfy.

Bonus is airbump like hp cover can change diff color as u like or if existing one need to replace.
I missed booking the display minecraft car. This price coupled w my ride tradein price almost no need top up 40percent dp.

during test drive, there was one / two times momentarily slight judder, like half clutch not having enuf accel. unsure it was the way i gently stepped on accel during crawling in traffic at red light.

No gimmick. Only non guaranteed. Some more comes w car cam, racking, minecraft body full wrap, factory gps rev cam. Sound system avg, rear drum brake n torsion beam though.

I missed booking the display minecraft car. This price coupled w my ride tradein price almost no need top up 40percent dp.

during test drive, there was one / two times momentarily slight judder, like half clutch not having enuf accel. unsure it was the way i gently stepped on accel during crawling in traffic at red light.

What bro didn't know u went down yesterday otherwise might have joined u!

Promo car at $99k only 1 pc available? Then how much for the rest?

• Praise 4

Hi all,

Sorry hijack this a little, was there yesterday but to look at the Grand Picasso.

Testdrive the Diesal 1.6 e-HDi ETG6 , sure enough gear shifting 1st-3rd is a little dissappointing and diesal engine very noisy.

Then was told there is Petrol version 1.6 THP EAT6. Surprising the shifting is effortless ... like any Japanese CVTs.

My question is ... I understand lots of complains abt Citroen's gearbox reliability and performance. Is this EAT6 (full auto) a new gearbox that resolved the problem? A little confuse because ... as I read the forum, the timeline suggest that ETG6 (the auto clutch) is the new improve solution for Citroen. As such the complains from forum about gearbox problems is referring to which gearbox?

Again sorry about the hijack.

On cactus, if I'm single I would consider ... it's very roomy and stylo-milo. Will definitely be a chic magnet. Design inside is very unique, modern and practical. Citroen design is definitely a head turner ... but hows the gearbox? [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1