International Woman's Week

Maxus-MIFA9

I'm afraid I cannot agree.

I'm sure it is not intentional, but to draw an analogy, however many steps removed or remote, to what happened with the Nazis is not appropriate to say the least.

You mean whatever that is happening today is some sort of 'evil', or "war" as you say? There is a time and place for the siege mentality, but this is certainly not it.

There is much focus on what Aware has to say or advocate and how it is inappropriate or wrong or outdated or unbalanced or whatever. I don't think it is exclusive to any Women's group or woman. You have drawn an equation between keeping quiet and thereby allowing such thinking to become common. Really? I mean, really? Just because of this one comment? You mean the judge of the day will one day conclude that a husband had been abusive prior to a divorce because he told her her cooking was lousy? You honestly believe it will happen if you don't speak up? Really really?

I suppose it is to each his own, if your choice is to focus on speaking up about such things, I suppose that is a choice, I personally will not make that choice, but that's just me. And no, I don't think I am thereby allowing an evil to breed. No.

I am not disagreeing with what you wrote. so let's leave the germans out of it.

But I do want to bring up a point. Women are social beings. they will share ideas about what they can do or get away with what they did to their bf/husbands. they will test this out when they hear such ideas. they will try their luck. they feed on their group's sharing.

That is why women like to talk/gossip. they want confirmation with the group what is the status quo. if another female gets something more, the others feel they should have it too. if one husband does the dishes, they feel the others need to do it too.. soon it becomes a competition of which woman can make their husband the most well behaved.

sometimes its not the gf I have problem with, its the bunch of bitches that she calls friends that tells her what she ought to do or have.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Every time I read porker's posts on women,

I need to consciously tell myself to understand it from the perspective that he is actually referring to men

Does anyone also do that?

😂😄😄

It's like the old tale of how keeping quiet when the Nazis go after others and then having no one to stand up for you when you are the one targeted.

This is a war to maintain our civilization. If you just ignore what is happening and allow other men to be taken advantage of then sooner or later, it will affect us as well.

As an example, there was an article in the papers from some fool in "beware" who said it was abuse for a husband to tell his wife that her cooking was lousy. If we keep quiet and allow such thinking to become common, who is to say that there will not be a law passed to protect women from such "abuse"? Who is to protect you if (touch wood) your wife wants to leave you and uses this "abuse" as a reason to take more alimony from you or your children away from you (which the judge will likely grant since you have been "abusive").

I've often told my wife that even though the women's charter in Singapore is enshrined in the law and men are disadvantaged because of it, it doesn't still cannot protect her from me if she betrays me. I've let her know that I rather kill her and myself than to allow her to betray me and get away with it.

photo-27068.png

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Turbocharged

I am not disagreeing with what you wrote. so let's leave the germans out of it.

But I do want to bring up a point. Women are social beings. they will share ideas about what they can do or get away with what they did to their bf/husbands. they will test this out when they hear such ideas. they will try their luck. they feed on their group's sharing.

That is why women like to talk/gossip. they want confirmation with the group what is the status quo. if another female gets something more, the others feel they should have it too. if one husband does the dishes, they feel the others need to do it too.. soon it becomes a competition of which woman can make their husband the most well behaved.

sometimes its not the gf I have problem with, its the bunch of bitches that she calls friends that tells her what she ought to do or have.

Yes they are social. Men are too, just in a different way. I know what you are talking about when it comes to 'comparing' husbands. Men do too, just that they talk less about it, prefering to keep it all in the head. The wondering may happen on and off, about why one's own wife cannot be like another friend's wife in this or that way.

End of the day, like I said at the start, it is about whether you can take the good with the bad as a whole package and I suppose to you it is a 'bad' that your gf may listen to what her friends tell her she ought to do or have. But she may have a 'good' that you value very much. Or better still, maybe her friends may occasionally tell her what she ought to do or have which actually helps your cause. Nobody is perfect and cannot expect another to be. If your girl has something you cannot accept (whether or not it is something that Aware is advocating), then that girl is not for you.

I have a long time friend who plays mah-jong with me fortnightly, his mrs is not working and he is the sole breeder, and he is very loving and responsible. His mrs doesn't allow him any personal time at all. Not even once a month to meet his friends for leisure. So every fortnightly, he lies to his mrs that he has conference call, just to play mah-jong. Another friend of mine who is much older in his late fifties, if his mrs call him during his mah-jong game half way and it is not a life and death matter, he will f her upside down . lol. See the difference ? One calls the shot, the other is being sentenced to life.

Another case is my bil, he was married to a very sweet girl when they were in their early twenties. Both are graduates, earn big bucks ,both drive sports car. He paid all for his renovation (actually my fil did), bought her a 15k handbag when touring in Europe, and he does all the washing and laundry. This fellow is a truly role husband, very nice and loving. Now after 5 years, divorced. Haiz ...

[confused][confused]

Yes they are social. Men are too, just in a different way. I know what you are talking about when it comes to 'comparing' husbands. Men do too, just that they talk less about it, prefering to keep it all in the head. The wondering may happen on and off, about why one's own wife cannot be like another friend's wife in this or that way.

End of the day, like I said at the start, it is about whether you can take the good with the bad as a whole package and I suppose to you it is a 'bad' that your gf may listen to what her friends tell her she ought to do or have. But she may have a 'good' that you value very much. Or better still, maybe her friends may occasionally tell her what she ought to do or have which actually helps your cause. Nobody is perfect and cannot expect another to be. If your girl has something you cannot accept (whether or not it is something that Aware is advocating), then that girl is not for you.

Yes, men compare but they eventually take little or no action.

I find it absolutely infuriating when women can use exactly this pretext of keeping up with the times to "improve" their men. But god forbid, when a man uses the same tactic, he always gets exposed and shamed for doing that. double standards much?

If I use the argument tactics women use on women, they get very very pissed for some reason... [shocked]

Turbocharged

women's week means women on top ?

week or no week, I also start with women below, and finish off with them on top. That is when we cum together, I happy, she happy, we all happy...LOL

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yes, men compare but they eventually take little or no action.

I find it absolutely infuriating when women can use exactly this pretext of keeping up with the times to "improve" their men. But god forbid, when a man uses the same tactic, he always gets exposed and shamed for doing that. double standards much?

If I use the argument tactics women use on women, they get very very pissed for some reason... [shocked]

Well, I think men do take action. Arguments, resistance, divorce even. Not to say these actions are exclusive to men of course.

And I don't think it is exclusive to women that they try to "improve" their men. Men in their own way try to "improve" their women too, just perhaps not as much due to what their friends say or discuss. As humans, we all have expectations.

What I am trying to say is, there is a lot of give and take involved. And what gender is 'guilty' of, I think the other gender also can be said to do/say the same, just perhaps in a different form.

Men should be the leader in a family or relationship, and if this is not the case, then I don't think he will be happy. The woman should play the supporting role.

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 1

I often see men being taken for granted by their other half, like the girl expect the man to give in to her everything she wants and also expects to receive and gives little. Women are spoilt during courtship and after settled down, they expect the same treatment. I recently attended a relative tea reception, the groom was made to sign a cardboard, vowing that he will do all the housework, and really, after marriage, I always see him doing the housework while the wife watches. Goodness, and this guy is a hunk and a nice fellow.

Maybe last time women are great and tenacious, nowadays many are not so.

This thing about men doing housework... I must say I blame Govt...

They gave men National Service and the women, a college education. Hahahaaa...

The maid at home also spoil our women.

• Praise 1

I often see men being taken for granted by their other half, like the girl expect the man to give in to her everything she wants and also expects to receive and gives little. Women are spoilt during courtship and after settled down, they expect the same treatment. I recently attended a relative tea reception, the groom was made to sign a cardboard, vowing that he will do all the housework, and really, after marriage, I always see him doing the housework while the wife watches. Goodness, and this guy is a hunk and a nice fellow.

Maybe last time women are great and tenacious, nowadays many are not so.

sign a cardboard is ok.

If the bride brings out women's charter.....

sign a cardboard is ok.

If the bride brings out women's charter.....

that one all sg men don't sign also still make into law.. pre-nup also cannot

Well, I think men do take action. Arguments, resistance, divorce even. Not to say these actions are exclusive to men of course.

And I don't think it is exclusive to women that they try to "improve" their men. Men in their own way try to "improve" their women too, just perhaps not as much due to what their friends say or discuss. As humans, we all have expectations.

What I am trying to say is, there is a lot of give and take involved. And what gender is 'guilty' of, I think the other gender also can be said to do/say the same, just perhaps in a different form.

I meant to say action like...

dress you up according to what they/we want..

For Men: no tee shirts, no singlets, no burmudas, wear polo shirt, wear loafers no slippers, color coordinated clothes and no vulgar words or pictures on shirt.. etc..

For women: hot pants, low cut blouse, no over-size clothes, tight jeans.. etc... [grin]

eating..

For Men: snobbish food, cannot hawker food all the time..

For women: just eat what the man eat and don't say don't order and end up pinch my food or order and then make men the rubbish dump to eat up all the left overs.. [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

For women: just eat what the man eat and don't say don't order and end up pinch my food or order and then make men the rubbish dump to eat up all the left overs.. [rolleyes]

+1 !!!!!

Thatz what my wife always does. Pinching my food when ordering she say dont want.

↡ Advertisement