Is Toyota Liteace the best economical van?

Nekigosu

Intending to get a small commercial vehicle for my courier business

Can anyone driving a toyota liteace share with me what is the fuel consumption?

Is this the best economical van? was intending to get a smaller capacity van but seems like no other good choice

↡ Advertisement

Intending to get a small commercial vehicle for my courier business

Can anyone driving a toyota liteace share with me what is the fuel consumption?

Is this the best economical van? was intending to get a smaller capacity van but seems like no other good choice

Most mechanics will tell you "Toyota Liteace is the most reliable commercial vehicle".

If it is diesel model, servicing only change engine oil and oil filter. Very simple design.

Full tank can run 550km. My 15 years Liteace had been with me for more 10 years and still going strong.

Beside servicing, change tyre, change battery, change wiper, change brake pad, change timing belt (due for change), only change handbrake wire. I also don't know why the wire can break, may be pull too hard.

But the van is very noisy and the seat not as comfortable as Europe van.

Most mechanics will tell you "Toyota Liteace is the most reliable commercial vehicle".

If it is diesel model, servicing only change engine oil and oil filter. Very simple design.

Full tank can run 550km. My 15 years Liteace had been with me for more 10 years and still going strong.

Beside servicing, change tyre, change battery, change wiper, change brake pad, change timing belt (due for change), only change handbrake wire. I also don't know why the wire can break, may be pull too hard.

But the van is very noisy and the seat not as comfortable as Europe van.

liteace fuel tank capacity is 50L right?

so if full tank can run 550km the fuel consumption is only 11km/l

i was expecting it to be better than that because have been hearing people praising about its FC

The best van to have with low running costs, i drove it for 6 years now and i am still driving it. i clocking near to 14km/l on 15 inch tyre and steel rim. The parts can be easily purchased at any stockist.

Suzuki Every to carry light goods still okay. Otherwise climb slope sure headache. Nissan NX200 will be ideal for those carry heavier loads.

Suzuki Every to carry light goods still okay. Otherwise climb slope sure headache. Nissan NX200 will be ideal for those carry heavier loads.

I only heard of NV200, what is NX200? Or you referring to NX2000?

The Liteace is only sold as used. If renew coe still must go for inspection and smog test every 6months, not free wor. Things like maintenance cost eg. oil change, tire change, parts replacement...we are talking about old vehicle. How to fit the word "economical" into the picture?

The Liteace is only sold as used. If renew coe still must go for inspection and smog test every 6months, not free wor. Things like maintenance cost eg. oil change, tire change, parts replacement...we are talking about old vehicle. How to fit the word "economical" into the picture?

There is still the ProAce

If budget is not a problem.   NV200  Auto (petrol) is best, as I heard from few owner friends and the mechanic.   Heard the petrol uses the latio engine, more reliable.

The manual diesel model uses the renault sourced one, seems more troublesome, apparently.

Anyway, above models are newer on the road, so expect to cost much more.

On the other hand, Liteace is economical in terms of parts and maintenance.   Expect to do a proper complete service after purchase, and it will serve you faithfully.

Cheers

PS:  Forgot to add, I'm into my 3rd liteace, first a petrol which was a drinker, and subsequent ones are diesel models.    Reliability never in doubt, but buying used/preowned, always luck dependent, obviously.

Edited by Micb

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the engine oil for diesel Liteace.    

Can the standard 5w40 engine oil like Carlube or Helix Ultra be used for diesel van?

Previously, my vans were serviced in the workshop without checking the oil type.   Now, economy bad, trying to save some cost. [:)]

↡ Advertisement