2014 Corolla Altis - Technical, Features & Use

Kklee

I see. I have never used Dunlop tire myself, but my fil once changed to a Dunlop and he told me it was bad, as it skidded when new. But of cos there are many factors and also Dunlop has different grade of tires. I have the impression that Dunlop tires like not so popular here.

Is the high dashboard hindering the driver's front view ? I like the interior design and this is one concern.

I guess its about getting used to. The dashboard attracted me and thought its high too. But maybe I am tall, so I thought it's alright.

It's probably same height as many other cars just that this is squarish and most are curved downwards.

Mine is Bridgestone.

I think I miss the yellowish lights.

U miss the yellowish fog lamp or headlights?

I am dying to change the yellow halogen to white lights loh.

↡ Advertisement

U miss the yellowish fog lamp or headlights?

I am dying to change the yellow halogen to white lights loh.

I miss the headlights. The current fog lamps are yellow.

My experience with yellowish headlights, it allows me to see better especially in heavy downpour.

Also during heavy downpour, I noticed that the road hoggers on the expressway Lane 1 are usually those with extra white and bright lights.

Now, I always feel that the LEDs seems not bright enough !

• Praise 1

My experience with yellowish headlights, it allows me to see better especially in heavy downpour.

Also during heavy downpour, I noticed that the road hoggers on the expressway Lane 1 are usually those with extra white and bright lights.

Looks nice only. I supposed HID is brighter than led. Edited by Advancer

Yellow is the best!

• Praise 1

Looks nice only. I supposed HID is brighter than led.

Not necessary. LED can be as bright as HID depending on the design.

Since off-road mountain bike LED headlight can be as bright as 3,200 lumen, which is equivalent to car HID, why not for automotive application?

Usually, yellow halogen lights have further distance throw compared to LED, which has shorter distance throw but the light is more intense and sharp, improves the car aesthetically and produces less heat.

Best combination for me is HID bulbs behind projector lamps.

• Praise 1

Non-OEM HID headlights and fog lights are illegal and they blind other road users without proper levering and conversion kit. Singapore has one of the best illuminated roads why do you need headlight to be so bright?

Anyone any idea how to turn off the DRLs ? Trying to go into "stealth" mode ! [laugh]

Can't turn off unless you got electricians in 3rd party workshops to rewire to a switch which in turn void your warranty. At the end of the day, is it worth it? It's your money and time.

Non-OEM HID headlights and fog lights are illegal and they blind other road users without proper levering and conversion kit. Singapore has one of the best illuminated roads why do you need headlight to be so bright?

Can't turn off unless you got electricians in 3rd party workshops to rewire to a switch which in turn void your warranty. At the end of the day, is it worth it? It's your money and time.

Not all SG roads are adequately lit. At night, pedestrians standing on the road divider between two three-lane roads, camouflages themselves in front or behind of tall bushes wearing dark colour clothes. Cars like to travel against traffic flow going up the MSCP.

That's what I thought, I will just leave it alone for the time being.

I used to live in a kampong with no street lighting and those days, cars with tungsten lights. No one knock down anyone at night. In my humble opinion, other road users' behaviour is another issue not related to how bright your headlights are. If they are likely to do stupid things, they will do stupid things. We just have to be more focus and reactive when driving at night.

Not all SG roads are adequately lit. At night, pedestrians standing on the road divider between two three-lane roads, camouflages themselves in front or behind of tall bushes wearing dark colour clothes. Cars like to travel against traffic flow going up the MSCP.

That's what I thought, I will just leave it alone for the time being.

To yellow lights, LEDs and bling bling supporters. Vaguely legal LED fog lights available online. Saw quite a number of Altis in Taipei with it installed. Quite cool actually.

post-119671-0-63534100-1427469925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mulberrypork

HID brighter than LED can't be truth these days with the advancement in LED technology ie CREE chip LED with a whopping 3600 lumens.

Usually, yellow halogen lights have further distance throw compared to LED, which has shorter distance throw but the light is more intense and sharp, improves the car aesthetically and produces less heat.

Best combination for me is HID bulbs behind projector lamps.

post-119671-0-80681000-1427470587.jpg

Edited by Mulberrypork

(edited)

I used to live in a kampong with no street lighting and those days, cars with tungsten lights. No one knock down anyone at night. In my humble opinion, other road users' behaviour is another issue not related to how bright your headlights are. If they are likely to do stupid things, they will do stupid things. We just have to be more focus and reactive when driving at night.

The ability to allow them to see you so that you can see them.

You cannot prevent what you cannot see - just like the cars in my MSCP who likes to travel in the opposite direction.

Edited by Kklee

I guess having a bright car helps too.😄

The ability to allow them to see you so that you can see them.

You cannot prevent what you cannot see - just like the cars in my MSCP who likes to travel in the opposite direction.

post-119671-0-62409700-1427501185_thumb.jpg

I guess having a bright car helps too.😄

like a citycab! [:p]

Bros, whenever i release my brakes after breaking, i would hear sounds (like dragging/knocking an empty box).. is that normal? or there is something wrong with the brakes?

have only driven up to 200KM now..

• Praise 1

foot brake or hand brake?

like a citycab! [:p]

Bros, whenever i release my brakes after breaking, i would hear sounds (like dragging/knocking an empty box).. is that normal? or there is something wrong with the brakes?

have only driven up to 200KM now..