Xiaomi xiaoyi camera

Ysc3

Twincharged

anyone bought this also ??

I actually bought two ... pretty good.

however, I just changed my mobile but have thrown away all the paperwork that came with the cam.

so I am hoping someone here who has a copy of the manual take a pic of the QR code and post it here so I can download the viewer on my new mobile.

the website is in Chinese ... wrong channel for me ...

also I am just looking for the viewer app and not the Housekeeper app(unfriendly).

Thanks in advance !

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

however, I just changed my mobile but have thrown away all the paperwork that came with the cam.

so I am hoping someone here who has a copy of the manual take a pic of the QR code and post it here so I can download the viewer on my new mobile.

also I am just looking for the viewer app and not the Housekeeper app(unfriendly).

Thanks in advance !

Did you buy this as a car cam? If yes, i think there are better alternatives from dedicated car cams at the same price point.. that said, this gopro copy is good for other sports uses too.. unlike the dedicated car cams... so got good got bad la... Hows the video from this cam? Good? Hope you can post a review here with video... thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance !

I'm not sure if you're talking about this...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/259749859/Small-Ants-en-Guide-Xiaomi

Twincharged

I'm not sure if you're talking about this...

https://www.scribd.com/doc/259749859/Small-Ants-en-Guide-Xiaomi

thks ... but i also d/l this app previously ... but dun work ... dunno why.... just cannot scan my cams.

Did you buy this as a car cam? If yes, i think there are better alternatives from dedicated car cams at the same price point.. that said, this gopro copy is good for other sports uses too.. unlike the dedicated car cams... so got good got bad la... Hows the video from this cam? Good? Hope you can post a review here with video... thanks in advance!

nope ... using blackvue and lukas for my car cams ...

this is for my home monitoring ... got a baby at home lah ... :)

the cam is fixed so you cannot remote control the angle you are viewing ... so i place it in a corner to capture the whole living room.

see the specs ... i bought two ... one for my parents home also ... watch over my aged parents also.

where did you buy it from?

qoo10.sg during time sale .... $39.

this is for my home monitoring ... got a baby at home lah ... :)

the cam is fixed so you cannot remote control the angle you are viewing ... so i place it in a corner to capture the whole living room.

see the specs ... i bought two ... one for my parents home also ... watch over my aged parents also.

Ahh... OK.. this Xiao Yi can use for home monitoring in real time? I'm using the wireless IP cam at home for same purpose and didn't know these gopro-like cams can do the same! Cool! Mind sharing your secret to real time monitoring and its setup? Thanks bro....

Twincharged

Ahh... OK.. this Xiao Yi can use for home monitoring in real time? I'm using the wireless IP cam at home for same purpose and didn't know these gopro-like cams can do the same! Cool! Mind sharing your secret to real time monitoring and its setup? Thanks bro....

the cam is on 24/7 ... so you just need to setup the app on your smart phone and then open the app everytime/anytime you want to watch what is happening at home - real time ... well, lag of abt 3 secs or so...

the cam is on 24/7 ... so you just need to setup the app on your smart phone and then open the app everytime/anytime you want to watch what is happening at home - real time ... well, lag of abt 3 secs or so...

Oh...that means the xiao yi can connect to a router and then connect to a DDNS server? i go this route with my ip cam... my sony action cam can only connect to the local wifi and then i access it on the same wifi network... unlikt the xiao yi video can route to internet viewing too..

Twincharged

Oh...that means the xiao yi can connect to a router and then connect to a DDNS server? i go this route with my ip cam... my sony action cam can only connect to the local wifi and then i access it on the same wifi network... unlikt the xiao yi video can route to internet viewing too..

i dun really understand you .. but the xiaoyi connects to the home router, then you use wifi to setup a link between your phone and xiaoyi.

when its done, you can go outside and then use mobile data to access the cam at home.

Twincharged

I think you got confused already. This Xiao Yi seems to be a different camera from the other xiaomi camera.

Twincharged

I think you got confused already. This Xiao Yi seems to be a different camera from the other xiaomi camera.

i am talking about this one : maxresdefault.jpg

i am talking about this one : maxresdefault.jpg

ah... ok... thanks.. i was thinking about the xiaomi action cam.. now it makes sense...

Hows the resolution of this cam? got IR ? i was looking for someting at 1080p, but the closest I saw was 720p....

Twincharged

ah... ok... thanks.. i was thinking about the xiaomi action cam.. now it makes sense...

Hows the resolution of this cam? got IR ? i was looking for someting at 1080p, but the closest I saw was 720p....

nope ... no use for the action cam right now ... but for anything at 1080 ... your loading time will be super long ... just look at the time you take to load youtube 1080 videos ... realtime will become real-slow.

Turbocharged

I'm surprised nobody talk about this here. Cheapest high quality dashcam plug and play, install your own easily. A lot of Americans and Russians are snapping this up.

I'm surprised nobody talk about this here. Cheapest high quality dashcam plug and play, install your own easily. A lot of Americans and Russians are snapping this up.

I am also using this dashcam, have posted a review about it on the car dvr thread, seems like most peeps are into the Korean DVR brands. Only bad thing about this dashcam is that it does not support motion activated recording or parking mode.

Turbocharged

I am also using this dashcam, have posted a review about it on the car dvr thread, seems like most peeps are into the Korean DVR brands. Only bad thing about this dashcam is that it does not support motion activated recording or parking mode.

Agreed. For $100 with 1 year warranty ($75 without), it's bang for buck. Installation so easy. There's even an app to download the videos thru wifi to the dashcam, don't need to take the microSD out. There's English instruction for the one selling in Singapore by the official dealer.

Yup they don't have parking mode or motion sensor, unless of course you want to tap straight to battery for 24/7 recording which have its cons.

Where to buy ah ?

↡ Advertisement