Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

How will be the response of this japan made 2.5L all wheel drive compared to accord teana or Camry?

Car built is solid with reasonable comfort level and great rear leg room. Tinge of luxury: Sunroof, 7" touchscreen LCD with reverse cam, 12 Harman speakers, good interior soundproofing, 7 airbags etc.

With $18,000 omv and sub $140,000 selling price, AD is making over $30,000 per car at current $70,000 COE.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

How will be the response of this japan made 2.5L all wheel drive compared to accord teana or Camry?

Car built is solid with reasonable comfort level and great rear leg room. Tinge of luxury: Sunroof, 7" touchscreen LCD with reverse cam, 12 Harman speakers, good interior soundproofing, 7 airbags etc.

With $18,000 omv and sub $140,000 selling price, AD is making over $30,000 per car at current $70,000 COE.

Engine is 2.5 NA or 2.0T?

if 2.5 NA, rather go for new Camry 2.0,

AWD high FC, but no use in SIngapore

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

2.5l at <140,000? not too bad.

that's a surprise if they are pricing it at cheaper than the forester turbo.

legacy probably has higher safety ratings than camry.

• Praise 1

2.5l at <140,000? not too bad.

that's a surprise if they are pricing it at cheaper than the forester turbo.

legacy probably has higher safety ratings than camry.

In Singapore it's hard to convince buyers choose Subaru over Toyota, unless there is significant price diff
  • Praise 1

http://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/vehicles/legacy/15my/?pg=lineup

Look at the lineup.... 2.5L and 3.6L NA.

It's no wonder they called themselves a niche brand.

Any 1.6L TC can produce the same torque and power as the 2.5L NA. Ppl pay lower road tax somemore. You look at those Teana or Accord 3.5L NA, who will buy? Resale sell cheap also nobody buy coz of the high road tax.

Difficult to sell. Ppl here first choice Toyota, Nissan and Honda.

• Praise 1

yeah ... no turbo no buy ... NA is dead ...

high performance car also going turbo liao .... although the high rev NA engine is sweet but ... turbo is the way to go

Edited by Wt_know

http://www.subaru.asia/sg/en/vehicles/legacy/15my/?pg=lineup

Look at the lineup.... 2.5L and 3.6L NA.

It's no wonder they called themselves a niche brand.

Any 1.6L TC can produce the same torque and power as the 2.5L NA. Ppl pay lower road tax somemore. You look at those Teana or Accord 3.5L NA, who will buy? Resale sell cheap also nobody buy coz of the high road tax.

Difficult to sell. Ppl here first choice Toyota, Nissan and Honda.

suppose Subaru should equipped 2.0T engine in Legacy 2015, with 240bhp/350Nm,

price at 140k, sure hot sell

US is only getting the 2.5 and 3.6 NA. No sign of the 2.5T and 2.0DIT... Same goes for their JP site, only 2.5NA listed.

Turbo engine is not popular in U.S,

their favorite is big cc NA, so Conti brands are not common too

250bhp 350-400Nm is such a sweet spot for any "street car" [:)]

suppose Subaru should equipped 2.0T engine in Legacy 2015, with 240bhp/350Nm,

price at 140k, sure hot sell

that's only available on forester and wrx.

it is clear that legacy and outback will have one and only one engine, the 2.5l NA one.

2.0l turbo would have been good on legacy, not sure why they r not doing it. they prob would sell 2.0l turbo at closer to 150k but still alright. too bad, no such combi avail.

250bhp 350-400Nm is such a sweet spot for any "street car" [:)]

No TURBO no buy! I'll keep my old Subaru for now, thanks.

Bro, u should keep ur LGT alive. There are many interest out there for this car. Not a prob to find buyers if u wanna sell in future.

subaru design had gone downhill for the last 5 years

Subaru design went terribly wrong since 2008. Their designers just woke up recently. :ph34r:

• Praise 8

btw, SE told me prices are: legacy (137,800) and outback (142,800). these are pre launch prices and will be raised by 5k each upon launch (i don't know when, maybe 1st april?)

Bro, u should keep ur LGT alive. There are many interest out there for this car. Not a prob to find buyers if u wanna sell in future.

Subaru design went terribly wrong since 2008. Their designers just woke up recently. :ph34r:

Its not without its share of issues but overall very reliable. I will keep it till COE end, for reasons of cost if anything.

Lots of them on sale at SGcarmart. I think the BL/BP was the best selling Legacy of all time in Singapore?

The hatch STi, not brilliant but I find still ok. Everything else since then sucked eggs. The recent Impreza/Rex ok, but not sensational. The 1st 4 gen of Legacy, I liked them all. By 5th gen... bleah...

huh? OMV only 18k? typically for a 140k Japanese car, the OMV should be at least over 25k

Engine is 2.5 NA or 2.0T?

if 2.5 NA, rather go for new Camry 2.0,

AWD high FC, but no use in Singapore

You know when is the new Camry coming out already?

↡ Advertisement