Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

Really??? That's a killer... but they sell this car in US and it meets the emissions standards there... they just need to import that engine version mah...

The 2.5 NA FB25 engine sold in the US is mechanically the same as the one sold here, but the ECU firmware is different because the USDM cards don't have SI Drive (different drive models selectable on the fly) whereas the ones sold here do.

↡ Advertisement

haha.. thanks you are correct

latest news is that all orders are halted. seems like 2018 model may fall under +20k VES.

any insider news anyone?

Yes, that's what I heard from the SE. MI currently has no plans to bring in the Legacy. 

According to our esteemed scholars at LTA and NEA, even the greeny two shoes Prius is not good enuf to qualify for VES rebate. Go figure what's the real purpose of VES....

At least the Legacy should already meet the Euro 6 emission standards, since it presumably already meets the JPN 2009 standards. I base my assumption on the info in this story: http://www.sgsme.sg/news/parallel-importers-face-possible-pothole-ahead-stricter-emissions-standards.

At least the Legacy should already meet the Euro 6 emission standards, since it presumably already meets the JPN 2009 standards. I base my assumption on the info in this story: http://www.sgsme.sg/news/parallel-importers-face-possible-pothole-ahead-stricter-emissions-standards.

The current legacy 2017 meets only the Euro 4 emission standard. I'm not sure about the 2018 version, but I suspect it doesn't , as the only changes to the new version seem to be cosmetic ones.

The current legacy 2017 meets only the Euro 4 emission standard. I'm not sure about the 2018 version, but I suspect it doesn't , as the only changes to the new version seem to be cosmetic ones.

Oh, it doesn't get the JPN 2009 "free upgrade" for multi-port injection engines mentioned in the link I shared above? How come ah? That's a shame, one more barrier to it ever reaching here again then. Aiyoh.

Oh, it doesn't get the JPN 2009 "free upgrade" for multi-port injection engines mentioned in the link I shared above? How come ah? That's a shame, one more barrier to it ever reaching here again then. Aiyoh.

I guess not at this point. When I spoke with the SE a couple of months back, he seemed sure that the Legacy would be at least 10k more due to the VES.  

• Praise 1

Just wondering what's the average fuel consumption that folks are getting on the legacy and outback? 60-40 favouring highway.

Just wondering what's the average fuel consumption that folks are getting on the legacy and outback? 60-40 favouring highway.

Well, this probably doesn't help you much but I'm 90% city driving, am heavy-footed, don't worry about FC, and average 10km/l.

Well, this probably doesn't help you much but I'm 90% city driving, am heavy-footed, don't worry about FC, and average 10km/l.

Thanks, that's very decent.

"The pistons in the Boxer engine always stay lubricated which reduces wear and friction compared to “dry starting” Inline and V-type engines. Think of it like a roll-on deodorant where you have to get the ball wet by rolling it before it works. The Subaru Boxer stays lubricated and there is less friction when initially starting the vehicle."

Cool, I didn't know about that particular benefit, thanks for the heads up!

I think current Legacy already meet Euro 6 standards.

Can't find for Legacy but for Outback using same 2.5L engine, this URL says engine is Euro 6

https://www.carleasingmadesimple.com/data/subaru/outback/european-emission-standards/

• Praise 1

I think current Legacy already meet Euro 6 standards.

Can't find for Legacy but for Outback using same 2.5L engine, this URL says engine is Euro 6

https://www.carleasingmadesimple.com/data/subaru/outback/european-emission-standards/

Good to know, thanks for finding this.

Here's a link from Subaru itself, backing that up: https://www.subarumedia.co.uk/model/pack/8/#

Referring to both the FB25 multi-port injection petrol engine used in both the Outback BS9 and Legacy BN9, as well as the 2.0 diesel engine available overseas, Subaru states: "Both engines are Euro 6b compliant".

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Anyone here has battery drain issues?  My 15 months old (30K km) Legacy battery just die without warning.  Subaru told me that the battery warranty is only 1 year or 20K km and it will cost $300 plus to replace.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Anyone here has battery drain issues?  My 15 months old (30K km) Legacy battery just die without warning.  Subaru told me that the battery warranty is only 1 year or 20K km and it will cost $300 plus to replace.

Dont need to buy from AD.

Buy an Amaron from normal shops can get <$200.

Many reasons why battery dies, but the one that comes default might not be up to par anyways.

• Praise 1

Hi,

Anyone here has battery drain issues? My 15 months old (30K km) Legacy battery just die without warning. Subaru told me that the battery warranty is only 1 year or 20K km and it will cost $300 plus to replace.

Several of us Legacy BN9 and Outback BS9 have had battery drain issues, especially those of us with dash cams that we keep on in parking mode. As @Unfair says, there are plenty of reasons why batteries die, but batteries do seem not to last as long these days, with all our electronics and vampire electrical drain from USB ports, etc. And the stock 48Ah (iirc) Panasonic is rubbish anyway, and has something of a reputation for dying without little (or no) warning, and isn't even maintenance free (ie, must monitor and add water). I pre-emptively changed mine to a 60Ah Amaron at Rotor Auto Electrical at Pioneer Rd North (https://www.facebook.com/rotorautosg). The Subaru Outback & Legacy Singapore group did a small group buy (3 pieces only) for $105 nett but even if you only buy one piece, it's about $115. A far cry from the almost $180 MI charges for the same thing, though I'm shocked you got quoted $300+. They tried to sell you what magic battery ah?
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Thanks guys for your reply.

As my car is completely dead hence I have Subaru sent their mobile guys over to changed the battery.  They charged me $272.85 for the Amaron 60Ah :(

↡ Advertisement