Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

then again, if so, the camry is at 8.6 on the same website and teana is also at 8.5s (altima). apple to apple comparison.

we cannot take manufacturer's 9.7 for camry here and 10.1 for teana and compare with the 8.7s on the website, its not fair.

• Praise 1

(edited)

then again, if so, the camry is at 8.6 on the same website and teana is also at 8.5s (altima). apple to apple comparison.

we cannot take manufacturer's 9.7 for camry here and 10.1 for teana and compare with the 8.7s on the website, its not fair.

This is where it gets tricky, because the 8.6s camry on that website is the US version with a V6 engine. Our camry here is JDM with I4 engine.

The teana sold here is not the altima that's sold in the US, and is not available for US market. The closest comparison to teana in the US is the maxima, which again, very different engine.

On the other hand, most subaru vehicles sold in singapore today are US specs and not Japan specs.

So you'll have to pull timings from multiple sources if you want to compare JDM and USDM spec vehicles.

*edit: added more clarity on differences for camry.

Edited by Shoebox

This is where it gets tricky, because the 8.6s camry on that website is the US version with a V6 engine.

The teana sold here is not the altima that's sold in the US, and is not available for US market.

On the other hand, most subaru vehicles sold in singapore today are US specs and not Japan specs.

So you'll have to pull timings from multiple sources if you want to compare JDM and USDM spec vehicles.

yeah, Subaru is not like Toyota and Nissan to design diff spec for Asia and US market,

Subaru almost use the same spec for all over the world

i checked the mazda 6 which says 2.0l skyactive at 9.1s for 0-60mph. not sure if its the same as the model here which has manufacturer 0-100km/h at 10.0s.

This is where it gets tricky, because the 8.6s camry on that website is the US version with a V6 engine. Our camry here is JDM with I4 engine.

The teana sold here is not the altima that's sold in the US, and is not available for US market. The closest comparison to teana in the US is the maxima, which again, very different engine.

*edit: added more clarity on differences for camry.

(edited)

yeah I opened my rear diff casing to install a Cusco LSD. The stock rear diff is essentially an open diff.

only the JDM legacies get the alum arms from factory.

I thought the MI Leggies come with Mcintosh sound system? My PI model (BP5 rev D )comes with Subaru built in HU, complete with MD player lol. And no rear subwoofer. Oh well, more cubby space :P My Subaru HU has since been superceded with a Pioneer double din with 3rd party GPS module.

That's what I thought. My cheapo low OMV MI leggy sure no LSD one.

Yes MI Leggies came with McIntosh sound system. But if you open up the speakers and look at it, they are lightweight cheap paper cones stamped 'Made in Malaysia'. I threw em out and using pretty budget Diamond speakers, even with under half the stock speaker count, sounds so much better. Anyway, the McIntosh brand is nice but the actual HU, so-so only. Many guys just bypassed it with a Pioneer HU or threw it out.

Edited by Ake109

Yes MI Leggies came with McIntosh sound system. But if you open up the speakers and look at it, they are lightweight cheap paper cones stamped 'Made in Malaysia'. I threw em out and using pretty budget Diamond speakers, even with under half the stock speaker count, sounds so much better. Anyway, the McIntosh brand is nice but the actual HU, so-so only. Many guys just bypassed it with a Pioneer HU or threw it out.

the missing LSD and MIM paper cones probably explains the low omv.. i wonder if MI still practice this seeing how low the OMV of new foresters are..

Gen 4 Legacy OMV was almost $40k at scrap, Gen 5 Legacy is $34k, present Forester XT OMV is $17k.

How does MI do it? Are they importing the XT bare bones and fitting all the luxuries locally?

i'm also very curious. other bros also mentioned current legacy has an OMV of 18k.

Gen 4 Legacy OMV was almost $40k at scrap, Gen 5 Legacy is $34k, present Forester XT OMV is $17k.

How does MI do it? Are they importing the XT bare bones and fitting all the luxuries locally?

It does not mean made in Malaysia speakers are lousy. The factory amp only delivers like 20 watts per channel, so long the speakers sensitivity and characteristics matches the amp,I don't see why the sound reproduction is poor.

The McIntosh is actually a Clarion and the labs has tune the sound towards Jazz and classical. With proper CD in, you will hear the clarity. The labs has put in so much efforts to split the fronts into 4 ways, the woofer midrange tweeter super tweeter are cross nicely. How can a diamond 2 or 3 way component win factory setup?

Even the McIntosh on the JDM BM9 Legacies sound very good.

i'm also very curious. other bros also mentioned current legacy has an OMV of 18k.

Because Japanese yen soften

(edited)

Today i went to kaypoh at MI Leng Kee. I must say the car on display was a nice blue shade.

It's big and more spacious inside compared to a BL/BP. You are seated much higher as well. Seats are a similar leather to the BL/BP seats, although the texture feels a little more synthetic. Overall a pretty simple cabin, not too many buttons or gizmos.

Boot space on the sedan was a little underwhelming considering the size of the ass, the suspension uprights take up quite a bit of room.

No wagons until the Levorg comes in next year apparently. No GT models planned, just the 1.6 turbo as previously discussed (180 horses?)

All in all, quite a handsome car in a generic sort of way. Lots of styling cues from other mid-sized sedans (rear door to the boot reminds me of the nissan teana/sylphy/whatever they call it).

If i was in a market for a generic mid-sized sedan it would be a consideration, unfortunately i cannot drive this type of car (i've tried).

Edited by Myxilplix

MI showed their price level, nothing has changed in the past couple of days. With slow sales and stock to move all that difference can be negotiated off. We saw the same with the WRX pricing at first and it's come down a lot since launch.

Turbocharged
(edited)

the missing LSD and MIM paper cones probably explains the low omv.. i wonder if MI still practice this seeing how low the OMV of new foresters are..

my JDM BP5 has no LSD and no Mcintosh (using Subaru HU) but its omv is still abt $8k higher than MI units [lipsrsealed]

Edited by JohnSHL
↡ Advertisement