Subaru Legacy 2015

antelop

Not bad price!

But few things to consider.

I noted that COE bid is not guaranteed. This is a change from previous price lists.

Non guaranteed COE means, if COE drops, no discount but you will secure COE immediately.

Of course if you take the gamble that COE will drop again then indeed this is attractive price.

But if COE goes up, you must top up. If you want to avoid this, need to top up $3000.

At the same time, trade in value on your existing car is sure to drop since a softer COE implies softer selling prices in the second hand market, and a dealer will try to press your trade in price down.

hmm

this is the list price? usually final price will have more discount , overtrade etc.

any one visited the showroom recently can share ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

it seems like the list u showed is the nett price (but no harm bargaining some more).

the previous list price was 141,800 but sales were taking place at 135,800 nett. so the new nett price is a 6k drop in line with coe.

I thought listed price before 8 Jul was $141K

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

Was at MI yesterday. Legacy at 128800. Very tempting deal. Anyone had got the car pls help to share the review of owning the car. Thanks

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

The new Legacy seems to be rarely seen on the road...... that might have prompted the attractive pricing. Any direct owner feedback on the ownership experience? 5 year warranty?

• Praise 2

Just did the 1st servicing for my 2015 Legacy after one month. Personally, I enjoyed this car and I managed to do 8.5-9.0 l/km.

The exterior is nothing to shout about. For SG variant, there is no DRL and uses conventional bulbs for turn indicator, reverse light, high beam and fog light. I am contemplating to change the turn signal bulbs to those swichback LED so that it could function as DRL.

For the interior, it is much spacious as compare to my previous car and it come with rear aircon for the passengers. It is relatively quiet as compare to Mercedes CLA and W204 C-Class. Maybe it is due to the additional soundproofing undercoat provided by MI and the different tyres used.

The HK sound system is good, compared to other car within the same price range. When playing songs with strong bass, you could hear the door panel vibrate which could easily be sort out by audio shop if it border you. For SG variant, the equalizer setting is limited. As for the voice command, I had about 50% chance of it doing things that I want it to do. The only regret is that it does not come with Navigation option and not starlink as compared to overseas model.

The solar film workmanship provided my MI is lacking. I could see that the film are not properly cut especially on the front and the rear windscreen. There are some minor rust spotted at the bottom of the front seats which was touched up during my first servicing.

The driving comfort is good and I like the cruise control digital scale as compared to other that uses the analogue meter to show you the speed set. The AWD really make a different when you drive on wet road. The eye-sight option is not available so no adaptive cruise control or radar to help you stop the vehicles in emergency.

For the engine, the initial start-up is loud and once it is warmed up, everything is smooth and quiet. The boxer roar begin above 3,000 rpm which I seldom need to use for SG traffic.

One of my key complaint is the sound of the horn which is not befitting to the car. I was thinking of changing it but it required the bumper to be removed. I am still thinking if I should change it.

Overall, it is a good car, taking into consideration that it cost $129k.

• Praise 6

One of my key complaint is the sound of the horn which is not befitting to the car. I was thinking of changing it but it required the bumper to be removed. I am still thinking if I should change it.

remove bumper is nothing lah, just change the horns.

drive so exec car, dun sound/horn like drive Tata Nano...

need a quick guideline for price of impreza 2007 fuel pump - new / recon .

reason due left 2 more years ... likely to get a recon one ...

anyway, these few days, whenever I move off at a stop (traffic light or que), I step on the accelerator and get a shaking feedback and the car feels as if its going to die-off but I depress all the way and then it will pickup VERY slowly as if gasping for air.

I am guessing its the fuel pump.

*** oops !! wrong department ***

Edited by Ysc3

Just did the 1st servicing for my 2015 Legacy after one month. Personally, I enjoyed this car and I managed to do 8.5-9.0 l/km.

The exterior is nothing to shout about. For SG variant, there is no DRL and uses conventional bulbs for turn indicator, reverse light, high beam and fog light. I am contemplating to change the turn signal bulbs to those swichback LED so that it could function as DRL.

For the interior, it is much spacious as compare to my previous car and it come with rear aircon for the passengers. It is relatively quiet as compare to Mercedes CLA and W204 C-Class. Maybe it is due to the additional soundproofing undercoat provided by MI and the different tyres used.

The HK sound system is good, compared to other car within the same price range. When playing songs with strong bass, you could hear the door panel vibrate which could easily be sort out by audio shop if it border you. For SG variant, the equalizer setting is limited. As for the voice command, I had about 50% chance of it doing things that I want it to do. The only regret is that it does not come with Navigation option and not starlink as compared to overseas model. 

The solar film workmanship provided my MI is lacking. I could see that the film are not properly cut especially on the front and the rear windscreen. There are some minor rust spotted at the bottom of the front seats which was touched up during my first servicing.

The driving comfort is good and I like the cruise control digital scale as compared to other that uses the analogue meter to show you the speed set. The AWD really make a different when you drive on wet road. The eye-sight option is not available so no adaptive cruise control or radar to help you stop the vehicles in emergency.

For the engine, the initial start-up is loud and once it is warmed up, everything is smooth and quiet. The boxer roar begin above 3,000 rpm which I seldom need to use for SG traffic.

One of my key complaint is the sound of the horn which is not befitting to the car. I was thinking of changing it but it required the bumper to be removed. I am still thinking if I should change it. 

Overall, it is a good car, taking into consideration that it cost $129k.

9l per km?

Hong Gan Liao lor

lol. I know that la.

9l per km probably means his gas tank is leaking

Nowadays, hard to tell if someone really is joking or not [:p]

but not to digress, a 2.5 AWD sedan getting that kinda FC is pretty good.

• Praise 1

Thanks for helping to correct the typo. Just topped up my 5th tank of petrol since Aug 2015 as 1 tank allow me to travel about 600km and last me about 3 wks. As of the latest pump, still managed to maintain 8.5-9l/100km. If any bro or sis here interested, can meet up for coffee. [rolleyes]

Thanks for helping to correct the typo. Just topped up my 5th tank of petrol since Aug 2015 as 1 tank allow me to travel about 600km and last me about 3 wks. As of the latest pump, still managed to maintain 8.5-9l/100km. If any bro or sis here interested, can meet up for coffee. [rolleyes]

You don't use your car often?

Using S mode? I feel S mode v shiok but the fuel consumption might be taxing lol

BTW. ..hhow to activate the headlamp washer?

Mine is a Green car [;)] . Headlight washer is link to the windscreen washer. When you pull the lever for about 5 second, the headlight washer will activate.

↡ Advertisement