Drive All the way from Beijing

Gaolow

Saw this SUV this morning at days hotel ...

Solid all the way from China, Beijing.

post-106737-0-35072500-1427688367_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gaolow
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

drive from china?

may be shipped over leh ...

Not surprise it is driven over...

CCT drove a VW bettle from Germany to Singapore in the back old days.. [drivingcar][drivingcar]

• Praise 2

The vehicle can tahan the super long journey from Beijing to here, it must be a solid car. Lol.

Bro 13177,

The distance is less than 5000km as per GPS co-ordinates calculation, therefore it is possible for any car to dirve through this long road trip provided with a good mechanical knowledge, defensive driving skills and hardcore road trip warrior [nod]

http://www.mapcrow.info/Distance_between_Singapore_SN_and_Beijing_CH.html

• Praise 2

Bro 13177,

The distance is less than 5000km as per GPS co-ordinates calculation, therefore it is possible for any car to dirve through this long road trip provided with a good mechanical knowledge, defensive driving skills and hardcore road trip warrior [nod]

http://www.mapcrow.info/Distance_between_Singapore_SN_and_Beijing_CH.html

How many days will it take to drive such a distance? 500 km per day (rest of the time go and jalan jalan around the new place?) 10 days?

By the way, why do you need a good mechanical knowledge if the vehicle doesn't break down?

How many days will it take to drive such a distance? 500 km per day (rest of the time go and jalan jalan around the new place?) 10 days?

By the way, why do you need a good mechanical knowledge if the vehicle doesn't break down?

A vehicle mechanical knowledgeble driving enthusiast would able to detecting most mechanical failure at the early stage, pre-maintain and service the vehicle before set off and during the drive trip.

He or she would also makes good preparation to keep some crucial spare parts for replacement and proper hand tools to fix by DIY at any isolated place where there are no work shop to help.

I am setting off my fifth road trip to Thailand from SG on 20th.April 2015. One particular spares to carry along is a pair of Michelin Premacy HP 215 55 R16 spare tyres to stand-by for my current set that had clocked 8000km's.

In my previous long distance road trips, my highest record mileage drove hit 1200 km's just by OMD in 13.5 hours with 5 break stopped.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 6

A vehicle mechanical knowledgeble driving enthusiast would able to detecting most mechanical failure at the early stage, pre-maintain and service the vehicle before set off and during the drive trip.

He or she would also makes good preparation to keep some crucial spare parts for replacement and proper hand tools to fix by DIY at any isolated place where there are no work shop to help.

I am setting off my fifth road trip to Thailand from SG on 20th.April 2015. One particular spares to carry along is a pair of Michelin Premacy HP 215 55 R16 spare tyres to stand-by for my current set that had clocked 8000km's.

wow bro! Respect to you! Do you blog about your experiences or have some tips? Am thinking of doing a similar scaled one but not sure what sort of precautions to take and expectations as well. =/

wow bro! Respect to you! Do you blog about your experiences or have some tips? Am thinking of doing a similar scaled one but not sure what sort of precautions to take and expectations as well. =/

Hi, Bro tyco_kia,

If you are a local Singaporean ? [confused]

My advise for you is to pick up defensive driving skills and vehicle mechanical maintenance lesson, then you should try many within west malaysia road trips for good and improving confident to tackle all sorts of road hazards before setting off any long road trip above 1000 km's in distance [drivingcar]

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 2

In my previous long distance road trips, my highest record mileage drove hit 1200 km's just by OMD in 13.5 hours with 5 break stopped.

You have to prepare your car's log card for some temporary export permit right? You also have to get insurance from the thailand side right?

You have to prepare your car's log card for some temporary export permit right? You also have to get insurance from the thailand side right?

Yes Sir, all our 3 cars driving up in April 20th.must produce valid SG.car registrations document and SG.car insurance coverage to purchase another new Thailand Road Car Insurance coverage of the days driving in Thailand.

These documents bought upon entry into Thailand have to present back to Thai Custom and Immigration upon exit to prove that we have brought the car out of Thailand.

Thanks for your kind reminder.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 1

Hi, Bro tyco_kia,

If you are a local Singaporean ? [confused]

My advise for you is to pick up defensive driving skills and vehicle mechanical maintenance lesson, then you should try many within west malaysia road trips for good and improving confident to tackle all sorts of road hazards before setting off any long road trip above 1000 km's in distance [drivingcar]

Yes i'm local la! my nick don't seem otherwise? lololol

Hmm...pick up defensive driving skills means must go back driving centre liao?

• Praise 1

Yes i'm local la! my nick don't seem otherwise? lololol

Hmm...pick up defensive driving skills means must go back driving centre liao?

Social Media platform [thumbsup] has provided us extensive and informative websites to login for [drivingcar] "defensive driving video clips", you may search for them [idea] and enjoys learning and practising for your "safe drive" [nod]

• Praise 2

you all should see this website:

http://www.weltrekordreise.ch/a_starte.html

this couple took a 1982 toyota land cruiser and have driven 435,000 miles across the world, and they are still doing it. it is the longest driven journey in a single car according to the guinness book of records.

schmidauto.jpg

Respect this couple conquered [drivingcar] 435K miles driving numerous road trips, regard [:)] them as the greatest undisputed Champion Road Warrior of The World :o

Looking at the overhead storage of spares items in their Toyota SUV, you can tell straight away this couple is hardcore hands-on driving enthusiast [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

Yes Sir, all our 3 cars driving up in April 20th.must produce valid SG.car registrations document and SG.car insurance coverage to purchase another new Thailand Road Car Insurance coverage of the days driving in Thailand.

These documents bought upon entry into Thailand have to present back to Thai Custom and Immigration upon exit to prove that we have brought the car out of Thailand.

Thanks for your kind reminder.

How much do you have to pay for the permit and insurance? I might want to drive up there for fun.

↡ Advertisement