Post New car collection Blues

zerobim08

You were waiting eagerly for your car and you were euphoric when told your new baby is ready for collection....

...but did you have any post collection disappointment after taking the new car like quality niggles here and there or the car doesn't look as good compared to showroom or FC is way off or certain options/capabilities you assumed but were not there or the freebies are cheap knockoff etc etc.

Please share your experience

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Past few car collections all went well. Cars met my expectations and more. The thing is to make an informed decision at the showroom before booking. Buy already, just enjoy, don't worry too much [:)]

What didn't you like about your recent purchase?

Turbocharged

My 1 week old car went back to the workshop thrice.

Even my SE also feel bad and help me to prioritise things.

TS bought a new car? GXGX!!!

For me, no real disappointment as I know what I getting into by checking out as much detail as possible before collecting my car. Maybe it is just a run of the mill japanese car, so expectation not so high and there is really not much high tech gadgetry/function to speak of?

Anyway, I think my sales guy did a good job when handing over the car, taking time to go over with the car and also explain about aftersales servicing and warranty.

As for FC, of course cannot based on what is printed on the specs, impossible to achieve in local conditions. Just check with other drivers of same model to see their consumption and daily routes(highway XX%/city XX%), if yours is in the same ballpark then should not be any concern.

You were waiting eagerly for your car and you were euphoric when told your new baby is ready for collection....

...but did you have any post collection disappointment after taking the new car like quality niggles here and there or the car doesn't look as good compared to showroom or FC is way off or certain options/capabilities you assumed but were not there or the freebies are cheap knockoff etc etc.

Wah piang!!! What happened? Can invoke lemon law?

Twincharged

Wow,i think should be a German brand V****w****.?

• Praise 3

I think it's more of whether you know what you are getting into that makes the difference.

There are bound to be some issues be it interior quality or some technical issue. That's where the warranty comes in. But if you are buying from PI...I dunno lah since I dun buy from any of them. Whatever your concerns the AD should be able to resolve, it's more of a matter of time and inconvenience to the car owner. Most of the time I think first time car owners or ppl more ignorant will be more demanding. LoL...

As for freebies I rather not have them coz it's paid out of the pocket of the SE. If it's something I do not desire it will most likely end up in the bin so why not let the SE keep his/her money. I can afford to buy what I desire I'm not a gian png kinda person to squeeze ppl for freebies. I even turn down their offer coz I roughly know the quality is not good and I know where to get better ones. Like I said no point if I dun like it and it ends up in the bin. Even when you buy new flat be it condo or hdb it doesn't come in perfect condition there are bound to be some things that are poorly done or some poor quality issue.

(edited)

I guessed as much, just don't want to suggest anything?

It might also be some French made? Those are also quite notorious based on comments posted here and other forums

Edited by Lotr

in past 13 years, I totally collected 3 new cars and 3 used cars, basically new cars all can meet my expectation, only FC various due to driving condition various,

but used cars were very jialah, major expense such as timing belt, driving shaft, wheel bearing, clutch, gearbox problem etc, no end, I swear never buy used car in tuture

• Praise 1

(edited)

Think I shared this b4 but I can't find the thread. I enjoy sharing this story because I haven't heard anyone else who faced the same.

On day of collection, checked the usual stuff off a checklist. When my wife opened the rear door to get in we encountered a fist sized mass orgy of ants between the seats and the curved wheel arch area. The SE behind us gave a stifled yelp when we backed off to let her have a look.

She spent a good 5 mins discussing with her colleagues on how to get rid of them, knowing if you disturbed them they will panic and crawl all over the car.

So finally a brave SE took a wet cloth and with all of us standing in a solemn semicircle behind him, took a deep breath and on a count of 3, took a quick wipe down of the mass of ants onto the floor.

Some ants managed to escape the apocalypse and even after a month of driving I was still being bitten occasionally by some survivors.

Eventually they died out and that was the last I saw of them.

The car was from a Jap brand AD so probably those were Samurai ants...quite nasty bites from them but they were black ones so at least not as painful as those red ones.

Edited by Elmo
  • Praise 7

Think I shared this b4 but I can't find the thread. I enjoy sharing this story because I haven't heard anyone else who faced the same.

On day of collection, checked the usual stuff off a checklist. When my wife opened the rear door to get in we encountered a fist sized mass orgy of ants between the seats and the curved wheel arch area. The SE behind us gave a stifled yelp when we backed off to let her have a look.

She spent a good 5 mins discussing with her colleagues on how to get rid of them, knowing if you disturbed them they will panic and crawl all over the car.

So finally a brave SE took a wet cloth and with all of us standing in a solemn semicircle behind him, took a deep breath and on a count of 3, took a quick wipe down of the mass of ants onto the floor.

Some ants managed to escape the apocalypse and even after a month of driving I was still being bitten occasionally by some survivors.

Eventually they died out and that was the last I saw of them.

The car was from a Jap brand AD so probably those were Samurai ants...quite nasty bites from them but they were black ones so at least not as painful as those red ones.

wow! did you ask what could have caused those ants to gather there?

Take a look under complaints in same forum and you will find one on v....w.... Started since February 14 and after 1300 plus replies till now, still got "the blues".

was interested in their promo but decided to stay away after running these feedback about the brand.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Take a look under complaints in same forum and you will find one on v....w.... Started since February 14 and after 1300 plus replies till now, still got "the blues".

was interested in their promo but decided to stay away after running these feedback about the brand.

Not only the car is problematic,the service is also S*** [thumbsdown] ,my friend 6 months old Jetta gearbox 'kaput',needs to put his car inside 8 days[claimed no spare parts,V****w**** knew this problem for a long time,but don't keep spare parts],no courtesy car,but given just "Peanuts" Taxi fare. [furious] :angry: for 2 days..

Not only the car is problematic,the service is also S*** [thumbsdown] ,my friend 6 months old Jetta gearbox 'kaput',needs to put his car inside 8 days[claimed no spare parts,V****w**** knew this problem for a long time,but don't keep spare parts],no courtesy car,but given just "Peanuts" Taxi fare. [furious] :angry: for 2 days..

gearbox kaput after just 6 months? that's terrible.... [thumbsdown]

(edited)

Luckily read feedback in this forum and decided to stay away from this brand.

That's the beauty of info sharing !

Opps, sorry off topic.

Edited by scm292

My purpose for this thread is not for anyone to bash any brand. If you have some grudge to vent take them somewhere else.

It is just broken record reading all this "I know a friend who got this...".

I think it would be common courtesy to everyone not to paint unsubstantiated negativity against any brand.

↡ Advertisement