• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic | 21 praises

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Nicholas
  • Premium member
    Nicholas
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just take note that for ELM327 clones, ver 1.5 is the one to get. 2.1 may spoil your vehicles. 

"If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs."

https://play.google....arscanner&hl=en

Mercury1 praised this

Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

Hemohemo
  • Hemohemo
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have a Foxwell NT510. It supports both OBD2 and vehicle-specific codes. It comes one vehicle make which I chose Honda. If you’re looking to do some probing beyond OBD2 (eg ABS, SRS, brakes), it’s a great tool. But I must emphasize it’s such a powerful tool that can actuate components and so ‘play’ with care.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:17 PM

GoloIov
  • GoloIov
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

You can try Launch prducts. They support more than 70 brands. EasiDiag 3.0 and M-Diag is good.

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:53 PM

XXX101
  • XXX101
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I bought bluedriver obd2 scanner and found out that it doesn't work on my 2003 Toyota Corolla JDM. I asked question on blue driver website and they replied that all JDM cars made before 2010 didn't actually made OBD2 compliant. So it will not work. I realized that I pretty much screwed up my $100.

Posted 27 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

Comage
  • Comage
    Clutched
    Author Image

I bought bluedriver obd2 scanner and found out that it doesn't work on my 2003 Toyota Corolla JDM. I asked question on blue driver website and they replied that all JDM cars made before 2010 didn't actually made OBD2 compliant. So it will not work. I realized that I pretty much screwed up my $100.

Haha I pretty much did the same thing as well. Doesn't work for my 2008 Toyota Wish.

Tried it on another Toyota Noah - it works!

Oh well, we can keep it for our next ride...

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:31 PM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Haha I pretty much did the same thing as well. Doesn't work for my 2008 Toyota Wish.

Tried it on another Toyota Noah - it works!

Oh well, we can keep it for our next ride...

That's too bad. I have a Bluedriver for a 2018 Crv and it works great.

I mainly use it for live data, since it's a brand new engine I would hope no faults. The Live data shows things like boost pressure, engine and coolant temps, waste gate control etc. Absolutely useless information for everyday driving (since my engine is totally stock), but looks cool.

I got a spare old phone and rooted it and automated the connection of Bluedriver via the Tasker app. So whenever I turn on the car, bluedriver launches, connects and switches to the correct screen.

I also use the old phone as a GPS tracker and have the phone doing other activities while I'm away from the car for fun (eg take pictures, send location, start remote live stream camera etc). Basically so I can remotely keep tabs on the car while I'm not in it by just messaging it using whatsapp. That's in addition to my dashcam.

It would be cool if bluedriver was bidirectional. Then you could automate and potentially do things like remote start the car, unlock doors, close windows etc, all via WhatsApp. Too bad it's not that advanced yet for Honda (I believe it works with Ford and Chevrolet).
Comage praised this

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users