My dream car

toyota-ft-1-concept.jpg

The next Toyota Supra will be a collaboration between Toyota and BMW. We pretty much already knew that. Problem is, it’s going to look like a Toyota, but underneath it’s going to be a lot of BMW that makes the new Supra tick. That might not sit well with hardcore enthusiasts on either side.

According to Car and Driver, this new Supra will debut in two years as a 2018 model. It’s part of a collaboration code named “Silk Road” and will have a Toyota body with a turbocharged, inline, 6-cylinder engine from BMW. The Germans will also be contributing a rear-drive chassis.

RELATED: See More of the Stunning Toyota FT-1 Concept

toyota-ft-1-concept-2.jpg

It’s not just the Supra body Toyota will be contributing to the joint venture. They will be chipping in some cash and sharing some of their technological expertise. Specifically, they will be sharing their knowledge on hybrids, which might not come into play with the Supra, but could figure into the development of future BMWs.

If you’re looking for hints on what exactly this new Supra will look like, then check out the FT-1 concept that was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show back in 2014. It’s larger than than the Supra, but shrink it all down and you’ve got a good idea of what you’ll be looking at when the Supra debuts in a few more years.

Time to start saving....
so what's your dream car?
↡ Advertisement

rear look like rx8.

too low car.....getting in/out very troublesome for a gaint like me.

probably true.

but really sibei swee.

haven't been so excited by a car in ages.

haiz, hope it won't be out of my league when it finally launches in sg.

(edited)

bg-header.jpg

In Singapore, it'll be called Fallali lah Fallali, lah! :D

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

rear look like rx8.

too low car.....getting in/out very troublesome for a gaint like me.

u nvr see....drivers of such car not giant but tall, wash board abs, well groomed hair not shriek type.

those dreaming of this car....highly likely eye candy material....but depends the females eyeing which candies the driver carry :p

• Praise 2

u nvr see....drivers of such car not giant but tall, wash board abs, well groomed hair not shriek type.

those dreaming of this car....highly likely eye candy material....but depends the females eyeing which candies the driver carry :p

for a female sibei tiko. [laugh]

(edited)

Time to start saving....

You need to save 6 yrs in order to drive one .. . [sly]

Will be on the road in 3 yrs time,

Start saving 3 yrs plus the first owner use it for 3 yrs. Total 6 yrs i.e. in 2021..... [laugh][laugh]

Edited by Picnic06
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

for a female sibei tiko. [laugh]

Female is made up of the word " Fe Male " rite...

But, for me is....I c the car n the gadgets that comes with it.... not the Male that drives it.

The male will captured my attention when they starts to do stuff like dig nose or cannot park properly.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

Time to start saving....
so what's your dream car?

people usually prefer cars that look like a bmw but have the reliability of a Toyota

but the new supra seems to be the opposite?

:D

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2