Former Filipino nurse charged with sedition

Mockngbrd

How severe the sentence is subjective. [:p]

In the eye of Court, Mr Bello was let off lightly considering just 1 of 2 charges will easily land him 1 year in Changi villa...and that's a fact.

Interestingly, the Pinoy embassy in Singapore nor Manila made any protest against the judge decision...and that's another fact.

Last time their murderer (of their own kin) was hanged huge protests....

Now there are more sources of labour who are also after their rice bow, like from Myanmar, China and even ang moh countries.

↡ Advertisement

That's the nature of legal system - its all made up by Human emotions and "rational".

Take for e.g recent case of PRC couple who knelt outside MOM office and then kenna sentence behind bar each for 5 weeks.

Both were also take to court with 2 charges with one can hv max 6 month in jail.

How to compare with pinoy who was charged w x2 Sedition Act and still get 1 week less than the PRC couple ?

The PRC couple endangered the lives of motorists.

The PRC couple endangered the lives of motorists.

Technically, the couple is more at risk considerating the situation they placed themselves in.

Like I said, any judgement call is subjected to human bias and emotion when comes to how punishment is met out be it in or out of court.

Last time their murderer (of their own kin) was hanged huge protests....

Now there are more sources of labour who are also after their rice bow, like from Myanmar, China and even ang moh countries.

Ah...Flor Contemplacion.

What a coincidence. This year is the 20th year since her execution for crime of double murder.

How time flies.

Edited by Wishcumstrue

hmm.

just reflecting.

of course what the pinoy guy said is deplorable.

but anyone else think that the punishment is excessive in the context of the crime?

Yes excessive if it's just the comments he made. Not so for trying to lie his way out.

• Praise 2

Superficially, it seems it is all over after the court charge this former FIlipino nurse. The sentencing of 4 months seems excessive but may be a deterrent sentence.

Unfortunately, will this create a backlash among the Filipino community towards Singaporeans?

The vocal expression of the former Filipino nurse, could this be just the tip of the iceberg? What about other nationalities working in Singapore?

No policies or safeguards can prevent any of these. So what can we do about it?

My guess is for us to treat everyone despite nationality, race, intellectual ability or physically ability, as individuals and with respect. Those who despite being respected as individual still persist to be aggressively antagonistic, we should let the law take care of this individual and not take it in our own hands.

Peace, bros.

Superficially, it seems it is all over after the court charge this former FIlipino nurse. The sentencing of 4 months seems excessive but may be a deterrent sentence.

Unfortunately, will this create a backlash among the Filipino community towards Singaporeans?

The vocal expression of the former Filipino nurse, could this be just the tip of the iceberg? What about other nationalities working in Singapore?

My guess is for us to treat everyone despite nationality, race, intellectual ability or physically ability, as individuals and with respect. Those who despite being respected as individual still persist to be aggressively antagonistic, we should let the law take care of this individual and not take it in our own hands.

Peace, bros.

Excessive sentence you said ?

Have you seen some of Ello's remarks ?

0001eeee.jpg

• Praise 1

Peace, bros.

Who cares if it create a backlash among Filipinos towards Singaporeans HERE?

This is Singapore. If they choose to come here, then jolly well respect the country and the people.

Else FARK off BAK to their country. Simple as that.

• Praise 3

Who cares if it create a backlash among Filipinos towards Singaporeans HERE?

This is Singapore. If they choose to come here, then jolly well respect the country and the people.

Else FARK off BAK to their country. Simple as that.

True what you say to certain extend but just remember our entire economy will come to a standstill if all the Filipino maids are deported.

It is very frightening to think what our Filipino maids will do to our kids and elderly parents when they are often left with them especially if there is a serious backlash.

Excessive sentence you said ?

Have you seen some of Ello's remarks ?

0001eeee.jpg

I look at it this way. Edz Ello does not represent the rest of the Pinoy community. He probably had some issues at work, perhaps with his Singaporean colleagues or even with his Singaporean boss. I am not sure if the sentence is excessive or not and that is why it is with a question mark. In the same trend of thoughts, the person who called the busload of Malay kids terrorists in training or something like that but nothing has happened since.

In reality I am just as confused as how the sentencing work. There must be a system and hence why I qualify my question and enquired if it a deterrent sentence.

True what you say to certain extend but just remember our entire economy will come to a standstill if all the Filipino maids are deported.

It is very frightening to think what our Filipino maids will do to our kids and elderly parents when they are often left with them especially if there is a serious backlash.

I look at it this way. Edz Ello does not represent the rest of the Pinoy community. He probably had some issues at work, perhaps with his Singaporean colleagues or even with his Singaporean boss. I am not sure if the sentence is excessive or not and that is why it is with a question mark. In the same trend of thoughts, the person who called the busload of Malay kids terrorists in training or something like that but nothing has happened since.

In reality I am just as confused as how the sentencing work. There must be a system and hence why I qualify my question and enquired if it a deterrent sentence.

Why did you say Singapore's entire economy will stand still without the Filipino maids? Are they involved in infrastructure, finance and the likes? Your statement is mind boggling.

Why did you say Singapore's entire economy will stand still without the Filipino maids? Are they involved in infrastructure, finance and the likes? Your statement is mind boggling.

Now now.... without the maids, husbands' needs are not met. That will affect general productivity :a-panic::XD: :XD:

• Praise 2

You answered your own question. Edz Ello does not represent the rest of the community. He broke one of our sternest laws, and in a big way. His sentence is fair (in fact, some would say lenient given the stuff he posted). But because he does not represent the rest of the community, the punishment does not reflect on the rest of the community.

So the rest of the community has no reason to feel aggrieved.

And Singapore should treat any person from any community with the dignity and respect that any human being deserves. Edz Ello's case should be taken as that of a badly behaved individual who got his comeuppance, and should not reflect on his community.

Anything I missed out?

Edited by Turboflat4
↡ Advertisement