Recommendation for Staycation in Singapore

L23

Hypersonic
Chowyunfatt, on 05 May 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

At first, I thought the bath tub was a giant squatting toilet bowl ... Ok, my eyes are bad

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Gazing into each other's eyes is different on a staycation as compared to at home.

Sometimes it is just to switch the environment with children.

Else 365 days the same routine, can be quite boring.

just wondering... what do people do when they go for staycation?

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Just an observation. Many hotels are going with glass-see thru toilets which I think is extremely irritating. A man has to be able to shit in solitude.

• Praise 5

Supersonic

Just an observation. Many hotels are going with glass-see thru toilets which I think is extremely irritating. A man has to be able to shit in solitude.

M Hotel's glass toilet wall has a damn cool feature that lets you "blur" it !!!! 

Twincharged

I got a voucher for Capella given by an associate, they then upgraded the room to the Villa which IMO is one of the best stay cations I've had. I wouldn't pay what they are advertising per night but if I find someone selling a voucher cheap I might be tempted to repeat. Pics of the room as below, no pool pics but the pool was superb too.

attachicon.gifIMG_0443.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0453.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0454.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0457.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0458.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0460.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0462.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0465.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0466.JPG

post-78681-0-20055500-1462452948.jpg

Wow, the biggest pang sai hold in the ground I have ever seen.

Nice place, everything big big.

[laugh]

M Hotel's glass toilet wall has a damn cool feature that lets you "blur" it !!!! 

Not good cost me a lot of money!

I was bathing in the toilet then misses accidentally press button become transparent. She saw fainted and have to call ambulance.

Next time bath in glass toilet that can be blurred must wear swimming trunks and not birthday suite.

[laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just a tip, the vouchers we had were for the normal room but they upgraded us too the villa (it was one night stay only)

I believe they are trying too capture the local staycation market so they upgrade normal rooms to attract likely local customers to consider them as a staycation hotel.

Try getting a one night voucher and then book it during a low peak season (check the villas got vacancy) with any luck they might just upgrade you too. Maybe book on your birthday or something

No guarantee's worth a try, staying there I could say at times felt like not even in Singapore lol

I wanted to say that too but I :x  (I told my CO actually cos I know she hates sink in shower/toilet area)

I showed @mercury1 's pics to my CO.  those too atas liao

cos we accumulate points to get at least 2 room free (around $200+/night)

still have enough for few nights free

maybe go try out the new Oasia hotel in tg pagah next

Twincharged

I agree with you to certain extend.

Most make chocolate cake but you must be special multi coloured cake.

There's the problem.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
Mercury1, on 06 May 2016 - 1:05 PM, said:

Just a tip, the vouchers we had were for the normal room but they upgraded us too the villa (it was one night stay only)

I believe they are trying too capture the local staycation market so they upgrade normal rooms to attract likely local customers to consider them as a staycation hotel.

Try getting a one night voucher and then book it during a low peak season (check the villas got vacancy) with any luck they might just upgrade you too. Maybe book on your birthday or something

No guarantee's worth a try, staying there I could say at times felt like not even in Singapore lol

ya best to max out the value...bdays, low seasons, weekdays..etc

but our points thing only capped $200+/room/night, anything further upgrade, will need to top up with cash

each time we will get 2 or 3 rooms (if in laws are joining us)

can use for most hotels globally, just that we prefer local hotels just for change of environment &  convenience for a day or 2.

• Praise 2