New Ford Mondeo

Suhaimiebrahim

Very very true, mondeo is pretty much a value for money car which looks nice and powerful and comfortable. With all the bells and whistle which the premium brand don't even have ... Such as adaptive cruise control.

What it does not do is to impress your friends and neighbors... Haha

I am also seriously considering it which I find it a very good car..... On the other hand, it is faced with very strong competitor such as Volvo S80 which I visited over the weekend as was offered $175k for guaranteed Coe ! T5 brand new. An additional 17k for top of range sedan in volvo..... Tempting....

What do you guys feel?

• Praise 1

Supercharged
(edited)

On the other hand, it is faced with very strong competitor such as Volvo S80 which I visited over the weekend as was offered $175k for guaranteed Coe ! T5 brand new. An additional 17k for top of range sedan in volvo..... Tempting....

if wanna impress some pple, maybe S80.

want good seats & safety, S80.

want better steering feel, value, and looks, probably Mondeo.

Edited by Eyke

Very very true, mondeo is pretty much a value for money car which looks nice and powerful and comfortable. With all the bells and whistle which the premium brand don't even have ... Such as adaptive cruise control.

I am also seriously considering it which I find it a very good car..... On the other hand, it is faced with very strong competitor such as Volvo S80 which I visited over the weekend as was offered $175k for guaranteed Coe ! T5 brand new. An additional 17k for top of range sedan in volvo..... Tempting....

What do you guys feel?

Well if you want to impress your friends and neighbours, please choose bmw, audi or mercedes. [thumbsup] Might also want to change your last name to Jones. [lipsrsealed]

Turbocharged

Well if you want to impress your friends and neighbours, please choose bmw, audi or mercedes. [thumbsup] Might also want to change your last name to Jones. [lipsrsealed]

Audi A3, Mercedes CLA or BMW 2 Active Tourer all around the same price bracket as a Mondeo...

All these cars will impress the moment you say; "I bought a(n) Audi/BMW/Mercedes!"... compared to the lukewarm reaction of "I bought a Ford!"...

Now though, if they come downstairs with you and see this Ford, it might impress a lot on them because the Mondeo is a large, imperious, high presence machine... add the sequential lights and you have something that is actually quite attention grabbing.

Even more so if they sit inside and feel the ride comfort... [shocked]

Audi A3, Mercedes CLA or BMW 2 Active Tourer all around the same price bracket as a Mondeo...

All these cars will impress the moment you say; "I bought a(n) Audi/BMW/Mercedes!"... compared to the lukewarm reaction of "I bought a Ford!"...

Now though, if they come downstairs with you and see this Ford, it might impress a lot on them because the Mondeo is a large, imperious, high presence machine... add the sequential lights and you have something that is actually quite attention grabbing.

Haha, then what is stopping you from getting it? [confused]

Turbocharged

other people [dizzy]

...haiz, I feel like i must look hypocritical

Supercharged

only the easily-impressed and car noob lah,

coz the more atas/savvy ones will sneer at A3, CLA, BMW 2 AT being entry-level, and you for being a badge-whore [:p]

• Praise 2

What do you guys feel?

This s80 has soldiered for about 10 years liao? Old technologies. See if you can accept that.

This s80 has soldiered for about 10 years liao? Old technologies. See if you can accept that.

I thought the engine (drive E) and transmission (8 speed gear box) is new ?

For me the reasons just kept adding having started off very enthusiastic about the car. As a modest-going-on-high-end family car in Europe, say, it is hard to beat. But in the Singapore market it does not look so attractive. Here the units have the now defunct Microsoft Sync 2 system (no upgrade path); the 5-door has a stupidly ugly bolted on rear wiper; steering is crazy-light; fuel economy - 10km/l tops; and then there are the downstream costs of servicing and resale value to consider (not sure I'd commit to it for 10 years, esp. with the out of date IT from the start). In Europe or US - a different proposition entirely.

• Praise 1

other people [dizzy]

...haiz, I feel like i must look hypocritical

other people? bro...buy car you answer to yourself only. money is yours and you spend on items that makes you feel happy or satisfied, not for others to feel that way.

Supercharged

Here the units have the now defunct Microsoft Sync 2 system (no upgrade path); the 5-door has a stupidly ugly bolted on rear wiper; steering is crazy-light;

how many HU in other models have "upgrade path" one?

the steering is lighter than toyotas?

I thought the engine (drive E) and transmission (8 speed gear box) is new ?

I'm not sure. Old body with new heart, if cheap enough can consider. Go for it! Hehe

Supercharged
(edited)

old technologies?

besides the already mentioned NEW Drive-E engines and 8spd auto gearbox,

there's CitySafety and excellent performance in the new "Small Overlap Collision Test".

it has been recognized as 2015 IIHS Top Safety Pick+:

post-1698-0-81036600-1437108997_thumb.png

"The S80 upholds Volvo’s long-standing reputation for safety. Among its accolades, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recognized S80 with its newest and highest rating for 2014, the Top Safety Pick+ award. IIHS created this award to recognize good or acceptable performance in the small overlap collision test. The S80 received the top good rating for this test.

The Top Safety Pick+ results include good performance in the small overlap front test, which replicates what happens when the front corner of a vehicle strikes another vehicle or object, such as a tree or utility pole, a very severe crash situation. In the test, 25 percent of the front end on the driver’s side strikes a five-foot-high rigid barrier at 40 mph. Volvo’s safety cage features a robust design with a blend of different steel qualities. The new IIHS test program confirms the exceptional crashworthiness of this patented solution.

IIHS also introduced a new test program that rates the performance of front crash-prevention systems. This evaluation is incorporated into the Institute’s 2014 Top Safety Pick+ rating. According to this extended scope, the S80, which is available with City Safety and Collision Warning with Full Auto Brake and Pedestrian Detection, is among the car models with a 2014 Top Safety Pick+ rating.

City Safety, standard on S80, is a world-first technology that made its debut on the Volvo XC60. City Safety is a driver support system aimed at preventing or mitigating collisions with a vehicle ahead occurring at speeds of 31 mph or less. It utilizes a closing velocity sensor to help determine whether a collision is likely. Depending on the closing speed, City Safety will either pre-charge the brakes or automatically brake the S80 to help avoid a rear-end collision or lessen its impact."

your car got selected as Top Safety Pick+ or not?

your car got Autonomous Emergency Braking system like CitySafety or not?

if not, prease scrap your old technologies car [laugh]

Edited by Eyke

u gotta be joking.

U get more people impressed with you buying a toyota camry than any mondeo.

The mondeo seems like a good car, just buy it 2nd hand in a few years time if u can find one.

Err. There's definitely no blindspot warning indicator in the local S80. not when i test drove last November.

I think it has brake assist.

Last i saw, no 360 deg camera.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

U get more people impressed with you buying a toyota camry than any mondeo..

people who are impressed by this:

post-1698-0-09580400-1437109523.jpg

rather than this:

post-1698-0-86003200-1437109535.jpg

simply has NO aesthetic sense / taste...

• Praise 2

Eyke... Fully agree with you 1000%

Camry was my first choice until this Mondeo came along 😍

how many HU in other models have "upgrade path" one?

the steering is lighter than toyotas?

Same sentiment. How many do upgrade anyways?

↡ Advertisement